A Gift

A Marriage's Happy Ending
[A/N: I’ve lost track of the “time” we are at during this part of the story but winter was over like a chapter ago or something and spring is here. Hehe. My dear readers, I am working hard to write more chapters so I can update faster and by this, there will be a BIG jump in the next chapter. I just wanted to point that out ;) Any questions just ask me. I'll answer them if I do have an answer for it. AHA. ]

----

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

“Alright. Here you go.” The doctor wrote me a prescription for some vitamins.

“I‘m sure this will help strengthen the baby until it‘s time.” He smiled and I did the same thing back to him.

“Thank you.” We bid each other bye with a bow then I took my departure.

Once I got to work and entered my office, Taecyeon was busy with some guests. I was greeted with some files on my desk and I took a look at them as I waited for time to get off work. Every day didn’t seem to get any exciting but more of hitting the real life of work and stress, I guess. My stomach was starting to show and I couldn’t wear ANYTHING that would squeeze my guts or else the lump on my stomach would be expose to the WHOLE world. My mind went off with lots of thoughts then my door opened.

“Sorry for interrupting but I would like to introduce you to Mr. Haki who will be in our next project.” Taecyeon introduced a mid-age man with a shiny bald head.

I nod and greeted him with my name and my position. We had a small talk until they moved along to other things. Some reason, I wanted to stop Taecyeon and say something but I wouldn’t have any good reason so I just let it slide. Later, Jaejoong texted me asking about the baby. We were like maniacs when it came to texting. He was always cheesy and childish while I was aggressive and hard-headed. No wonder we so-called hate each other. When Jaejoong had to go to a meeting, it grew boring and as the clock ticks, I waited for something to happen.

**Jaejoong‘s POV**

I checked on Jin Ae and we had a text fight the whole morning until I had a meeting to attend. Like always, the meetings were nothing appealing but updates and improvements. When I was out of the meeting room, the clock was about to indicate 4:30.

*PHONE RINGING*

“Hello?”

“Jae Oppa… Can you make some porridge for me today?” Her sweet voice asked.

“I‘m sorry, Hana. I can’t at this moment. I‘m still at work.”

“Oh. Sorry for bothering you then.” She sounded upset then hung up before I could say more.

**Hana‘s POV**

I hang up the phone with anger and bit my lower lip. He was acting nice to me for the past two days and today he couldn’t even find time to come see me. The more I tried sorting things out, the more I couldn’t hold on to my grudge that roots throughout my whole body. I gripped on my phone and it was like a revolutionary war inside of me. I opened my phone and dialed a number. A smile spread on my face when my expected person answered my call.

“Hello?”

“Hi. Is this Mrs. Kim, Jaejoong‘s mother?”

“Yes. I‘m Mrs. Kim.”

“Thank goodeness, I got a hold of you. I‘ve got something to talk to you about concerning about your daughter-in-law.” I smirked once I felt victory kicking in.

HOURS LATER…

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

After lunch, I felt a bit nausea so I ran to the bathroom. Thankfully, no one caught me in the hallway and again, there weren’t many people on my side of the floor besides Taecyeon. My eyes grew watery as I puked everything out. My mouth tasted bitter and nasty. I flushed the toilet and went to wash my mouth. I fixed my hair and walked back to my office. I caress my stomach and laid my head down once I got to my seat. I haven’t done any thinking about Hana until now. Something was crawling its way up again and I was curious what it is.

-FLASHBACK-

After the night he couldn’t come pick me up at work and Taecyeon took me home, he was acting a bit awkward the next morning. Jaejoong fell asleep on the sofa and looked worn out. I waited until he was awaken but he didn’t wake up until noon so I fell asleep on our other sofa. After it felt like forever, strong arms s under me and woke me up.

“Awake?” He asked and I did a small nod.

He walked us upstairs and set me on our bed when we got there. He fixed the pillows for me and set my back on it. I ran my hand on his pale cheeks then through his silky hair.

“Are you okay?” I asked with feelings telling me that he wasn’t fine.

“Yea…” He sighed out then went to the bathroom.

-END-

I have been examining him for the few days that past. Somehow it seem like we were falling apart again and the fear was raging inside me when it didn’t feel to real yet. It feels like there’s a feeling that is telling me to make the final move instead of Jaejoong since he is indecisive. Should I really do it?

**Taecyeon‘s POV**

She was so concentrated on the new papers that were given to her that she didn’t realize my entrance without knocking. I was about a few feet away from her when she realized my presence. I could tell she was surprised to see me but was also weary, obviously from her pregnancy.

“Did you knock?”

“No. I just sort of walked in.” I simply answered and she pushed her papers aside.

“Are you in a rush to get home tonight?” I asked with all the courage I could collect from myself.

“Mm… Not really. Why? Are you going to treat me out for dinner?” She got excited as she jumped forward.

“Well THAT was what I debating about.” I gave her a teasing smile.

“WHY would YOU debate on taking me out to dinner?” She asked with a fake snappy attitude.

“Because…” I stressed the word and walked around her desk then sat on the side of it.

“Because what?”

“Because you‘ve been skipping work for the past days.”

It was the lamest excuse but I was liking the moment of us now. This felt like we were pulling ourselves closer to each other than how it was before.

“That‘s it?”

“Mm-Hm.”

“Tsh. What kind of excuse is that? I can always wait until I get home to eat anyways!” She ignored me and looked away.

“Want to play a game?” I suggested and she peeked up.

“Remember that rock, paper, scissor game we always play?”

“Are you trying to make some kind of deal through this?” She gave me a suspicious look and I chuckled.

“May~~ Be.”

She took a look at the clock and we still had about half an hour before it was time to leave. She sighed then hid her hand behind her back.

“ROCK. PAPER. SCISSOR!” We said at the same time and exposed our signs.

Jin Ae laughed at the rock she had while I had scissor. I pout and she was out of air as she laugh and laugh. Once she had enough, she motioned me to lean down and before I could consider what just happened to be true, I was lost between a kiss that felt better than heaven. She lightly placed her fingertips on my cheek and continued to make my limbs numb. I was trapped and melting like a ice cream under the hot sun. Yes, it was THAT amazing even for a kiss.

*FLICK*
[A/N: Aww~~ it was ONLY a thought.]

I whimpered at the sting on my forehead. My eyes shot open and Jin Ae had a big smile splattered on her face. I rubbed my forehead and she was prepared for another round. We kept playing and was lost with the time when Jin Ae started to feel hungry. I wished the little one inside of her could’ve been mine otherwise I could picture our happy family already. I gave up after we did every possible strategies we had for the game from flicking our foreheads to slapping hands. Dinner was the best thing for the day. I was able to relax and chat with Jin Ae but unfortunately she had a home to go to. After we finish dinner, I drove her home and she talked most of the way to her house but I was pleased with her smiles and who she was now. I admit, she changed but it made me love her more. This love grew stronger and I wanted to keep it like that but it weakens by the fact that she is a married woman. I had made a promise that if her husband ever lets go of her that will be my chance to make her mine and never let her go. On the other hand, will she accept me? We’re best friends and like they say, friends should just stay as friends but nothing more, right?

“Taecyeon, thanks for taking me out. I‘ll make sure I treat you out sometimes… when…. I don‘t know.” She wonder with words trying to finish the sentence.

“I‘ll expect it soon then.”

She did a cute tiger face then waved goodbye to me once she was out the car. I drove away and grinned.

LATER…

I took a warm shower and came out with only a towel wrapped around my bottom half. I remember hearing my phone rang so I went to check it. There were ten missed calls and it couldn’t be no other than her. She left me a voice message and I listened to it.

“You have one new message. *BEEP* YAH! Don’t know how to pick up a phone anymore?! Just kidding. Taecyeon~ah…. Sorry. I totally forgot that today was your birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! As a best friend, I can‘t give much but only words to tell you how much you are needed in this world because this world is full of JERKS! Make sure you don‘t turn into one or else I will disown YOU! Just wanted to let you know that you‘re being missed. *BEEP*”

I felt my heart jumping like it was doing a happy dance. I sighed and looked at the picture of us that was set beside my bed. It was one old high school picture but it was a memory.

‘Jin Ae. You are the best thing God has added in my life. You’re the start to what I believe is love. If I could make this more simple and less words, I would say I… I love you.’

----

COMMENT REPLY:

christy---
Um... I'm not so clear about your question but I'll answer it the best as I can. Jin Ae should be the upper left corner girl and the original girl is Han Hyo Joo. Obviously the other girl is Hana and I don't know who she is. Aha.

----

TEASERS:

It was all okay for him to care for her but I knew she wanted more and both of them didn’t take this as friends

~~~~

“Maybe. What if he is? What if he isn‘t? Why should you care? Oh yea… He‘s YOUR husband. SORRY!” She acted like she was surprised.

~~~~

“If I were you, I might want to pay your mother-in-law a little visit. She must be as surprised as Jaejoong. By the way, you were a mistake in his life.” She said through her gritted teeth.

~~~~

"...Don‘t worry about child‘s support or not being able to see the child, I understand that one day he or she will want to know who their father is.”

----

THANK YOU FOR READING AND COMMENTING! :)
UPDATED: SEP 13. 2010