Birthday Dinner

A Marriage's Happy Ending
**Jin Ae's POV**

'Can the it be any brighter?' I asked myself under the sun which shine brightly down to me and him as we laid on the fresh cut lawn. The touch on the tip of my nose made me twitch my eyes open. I was greeted by his angelic smile and a kiss on my forehead.

"How's my baby?" He asked as he placed a hand on my stomach.

"Tsh, I thought you meant me." I pouted and he held me closer to his chest.

"And you." He added.

"Thanks, think about me now." I rolled my eyes and sat up.

"Jae Min, your umma is bullying your appa." Jaejoong whined to our baby.

"No, appa doesn't care about umma at all." I defended.

"Jae Min~ah, don't listen to umma." He continued.

"Yah, he's gonna be my baby boy!" I argued and Jaejoong gave me a surprised look.

"But I'm his appa! We're still married." He persuaded.

"I'm hungry." I changed the subject with a slight pout.

"Araso~" He gave up then we walked to his car.

We didn't speak a word to each other through the whole ride. The first thing he said to me when we got to the restaurant was: What do you want to eat?

"..." I didn't answer but kept my eyes on the menu book.

"What do you want to eat~~?" He singed and I sighed.

"..."

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked.

"I forgot to mention that yesterday I was told that you weren't at work..." I looked over to him with one of my eyebrow crooked.

"...So where'd you go?" I added as I straighten my back.

"Nowhere." He answered trying to sound innocent.

"Whatever then." I said then continued looking for what I would like to eat.

We made our orders then didn't bother to start another conversation. He placed something on the table and pushed it forward to me.

"Happy Birthday." He said which took my eyes off the menu to look at him.

"Yay~~!" Some waiters came throwing confetti everywhere.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday to you! Yay~~!" They started singing and brought in a cake then left after the "BIG" surprise.

I was still stuck with no words even when it was just me and Jaejoong now.

"Surprised?" He asked with a slight smile.

"Don't you always forget?" I didn't answer but asked instead.

"Not this time though." He replied and sat back in his seat.

"Oh yeah, open your present." He reminded me.

I opened it and saw a beautiful necklace. He walked over and took the box from me. He pulled out the necklace and lightly put it around my neck. The metal touched my skin which tangled my body with a sense of happiness. The tips of my finger played around with it as Jaejoong went back to his seat.
[IMAGE:http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/141/202/459/jesP.jpg]

"You'll never be able to guess how much I bought this for." He said after a while of silence.

"Almost as expensive as the last present you bought me." I answered and he chuckled.

"You mean the lingerie I bought you." He teased with a smile.

"Tsh..." I gave him a look then started to eat my food.

"I got it for less than it looks." He leaned in to tell me this.

"Oh, really? I see. A rich man like you would be able to get anything he wants, am I right?" I said a bit like I didn't care.

"Of course, just like how I got you." He proudly answered.

"Yea whatever." I ignored him once again.

"Jin Ae~ah..." He said and grabbed my hand to get my attention.

"You haven't ask why I bought a necklace and not your dream house, which I think you have it already." He continued.

"Then please do explain." I said and he sighed before giving me another speech of why he buy this or that for me.

"You see..." He began and pointed to the necklace then reached in his shirt and pulled out another one too.

"A bird can't fly without wings even one wing is impossible. It's like our love, there's no you, how can it happen, right?" He questioned and I shrugged.

"But it's still okay to be a bird without two wings." I debated and he tilt his head.

"Why?" He asked and I thought about it.

"Well... somehow there will always be another bird with both its wings to carry it." I responded in a unsteady tone like I didn't understand my own answer.

"Pabo." He said with a smile.

"Either way, it still requires wings. Stop debating with me like how you always do." He complained and I let out a girly laugh which are really rare.

"I like it when you do that." He complimented and I did it again.

"I know." I answered then we continued with dinner.

After talks and eating, we were set to leave the restaurant. On our way home, I fell asleep and it felt like we went home with the speed of light. As I rub my eyes like a little kid, Jaejoong made fun of me.

"Tsh, araso~~ Stop messing with me." I pushed him away as we walked up the stairs that seem to be leading us to heaven already.

He opened the door then I walked up more stairs.

"You want to take a shower?!" He called from downstairs.

"No~~" I answered back then yawned.

I took off my clothes, leaving a trail of them behind me then change into my pajamas. I dropped in bed then Jaejoong followed behind.

"You and your showers are the fastest thing E-VER~~" I yawned and my head fell to the side.

He scooted over and snuggled his head in my neck.

"But not everything I do is fast." He breathed out showing that he was tired too.

Instead of answering back, I just smile. With this baby, I've been the laziest woman on Earth. No, cross that out. With this baby and the months I'm going through now, Jaejoong is going to pay when I give birth to this kid.

"Good night." His voice flow in my ear like a sweet melody.

-----

THANKS FOR READING! DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A MESSAGE!!
I'LL REPLY TO COMMENTS LATER ;)