Back

A Marriage's Happy Ending

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

“No, I’ll leave this.”

“That too.”

“Mmm… Maybe I‘ll take this.”

“Charger? Eh whatever.”

“Keys to the house? Most likely take them.”

“Dr. Jiro‘s phone number? No, I might not need it.”

*Paper crumples*

“Toothbrush… Comb… lotion…”

“DONGSAENG, HURRY UP! WE‘RE GOING TO MISS OUR FLIGHT!” My unni called from her room.

“ARASO!” I called back and dragged my luggage behind me towards the door of my room.

My unni came but stopped right in time before she was going to bump right into me.

“Aish. How many times have I told you to let me carry your stuff? Gosh.” She irritably said then took my luggage out of my hold and headed to the living room.

“What about yours? You can‘t carry mine and yours at the same time.” I said and she smiled.

“I know. I‘m having Takai help out.” She stated then did a last check up before someone ring our doorbell.

She sped to get the door then chattering of Japanese and Korean were mixed together in the conversation that was coming my way.

“Hi~” Takai said in broken Korean and I giggled.

“Hi.” I replied back in Korean.

“My mom prepared this for you. She said it‘ll keep your body strong and is very good for women.” He spoke in rough Korean then handed me a box that had Japanese instructions on it.

“Uh… I can‘t read very well in Japanese yet.” I dumbly smiled at him and he chuckled.

“I know. I have asked one of my friends who knows Korean to translate it. I placed the sheet inside. I don‘t want you to lose the sheet.” He winked at me and I nod.

“Thank you.”

“So what did you get for me?” My unni asked him in Japanese and I rolled my eyes.

“Later.” He smiled at her and she pout since she had to wait.

Oh, I forgot. Takai is our neighbor who is currently working as a architect. He is intelligent and very creative also is quite a mommy’s boy. He knows how to cook, clean, laundry and even sewing! He sure will make one good husband in the future. He still lives with his parents but it’s acceptable since he is able to support his family unlike some men who is 30 years old and still depending on their parents. Ugh. How irritating.

Well it has been five months since the day I left Korea. I had a great life here in Japan with my unni. I wanted to find a job to support us but my unni wouldn’t allow me. She was worried about the baby and forced me to stay home all day but Takai’s mom would always come over and keep me company. Sometimes his 6 years old niece, Yumi, would play with me all day long. Each day was like a brighter day until we heard news about my appa’s sickness. I honestly didn’t want to leave but I was planning to come back to Japan or maybe not until my appa gets better so I guess it’s okay to go back for a while.

“Take care.” Takai bid me and I nod with a smile.

“You take care too.” I said and we hugged each other.

He turned to my unni and she didn’t look so happy. He said something to her in Japanese and she nod at each statements then started sniffing. She replied back to him in the same language then my mouth dropped at Takai’s next move.

Takai kissed MY unni!

I was speechless. No words to describe the scene, no feelings to express. I gulped and turned around to focus on other things. When they were done, I spun back to them and my unni was walking towards me. Takai waved to me and I gave him a idiotic smile before we entered out gate. We went down the usual hallway then into the plane. We found our seats by the window and got prepared to take off.

“What was that?” I asked in a astonished voice.

“What was what?” My unni questioned, not sensing what I meant.

“You like Takai?” I turned to her and she tried hiding her red cheeks.

I scoffed at her reaction but end up laughing a little.

“I knew you guys had something.” I stated and she looked at me.

“How?”

“One: He always take you to work and back home. Two: Sometimes you don’t come straight home from work but go with him to wherever it may be. Three: I‘m just smart.” I grinned and she playfully smacked my head.

“What do you know about love? Pabo.” She muttered.

“Tsh. I obviously know more than you, old lady.” I and she glared at me.

“What?! Old lady?!”

“Pft. 27 and not married yet? How embarrassing.” I mocked her and was attempting to say something but nothing came out.

“Be quiet, you cranky girl.”

“Cranky?! It‘s better than bipolar like you!” I argued back but we both knew this was all a joke.

“Araso~ Aw~~ I‘m sad because we couldn‘t make it to your appointment to see if I‘m getting a niece or a nephew.” My unni cooed as she smooth my stomach.

“It‘s funny how I barely go see the doctor and I‘m perfectly fine.”

“I‘ll set a appointment for you once we‘re back in Seoul.” She told me and I nod.

I got my favorite seat which was the window seat. It was sort of a bad choice since I would probably get up a lot of times to use the bathroom due to my pregnancy. Oh well. Soon, I was waken up by the announcement of our approach to Seoul’s airport. I stretched the limps of my body and yawned. My neck was aching and my muscle felt stuck in place. I looked out the window and we were already on the ground again. With another message, everyone got ready to get out of the plane. My unni got our carry-on bags then we headed out.

“Have a nice stay.”

“Thank you.”

The flight attendants granted each person as they went out of the plane. We walked accordingly the path to the exit of this gate and once we got out, we were greeted with the smiles of our parents.

“Umma~! Appa~!” My sister exclaimed and ran to them.

“Aiyo~ Your appa and I missed you guys so much.” My umma said almost in tears.

“We missed you guys too.”

“Jin Ae…?” My umma said my name then all eyes came upon me and on the swell of my stomach.

I had my hands on my stomach like I was protecting it or more as hiding it but it was impossible. My thin arms could barely cover my chest so if I wanted to cover the enormous lump below me, I would probably have to have giant’s arms.

“Umma…” I gently said her name as quiet as a whisper.

 

NEXT MORNING…

[A/N: Sorry for the big skip. I felt that this chapter wasn't long enough and the next chapter would be short so I combined them.]

Birds chirped and sang in a funny melody outside my window and I didn’t wake up with the view of beautiful Tokyo but old Seoul. Only if I was still in Japan, I wouldn’t be this anxious of seeing anyone anywhere. It was like I was afraid of people, had the fear of being spotted and it was true. I didn’t want to see Jaejoong, Hana or Taecyeon. Even going out to check the mail was a great fear. What if I open the door and Taecyeon or Jaejoong was there, what will be my reaction? What will be THEIR reactions? In this house, I guess my unni is the only person who truly knew what I have been  through.

So yesterday when my parents saw my stomach, my umma was in huge shock. She couldn’t even speak to me but like always, my appa greeted me like I was normal. He was the one who wouldn’t mind my foolishness and mistakes because he knew I would learn from them or at least know that I made a mistake. We had a family talk and I confessed about the baby and the father. I saw rejoice in my umma’s eyes when she heard : Jaejoong is the father but she didn’t do a cheering dance or anything. I explained why I left to Japan and other reasons. I mentioned about Jaejoong’s affair and made it clear that my parents should not hate Jaejoong for what he have done but only to forget. After a long night, my unni companied me in my room until I was asleep. I was awake in the middle of the night when the crickets were clapping their wings and making beats for the night. Each of my stomach brought every possible memories to my head. The night with Jaejoong until the night it happened again that has gave me the third child of his. It sounds so unrealistic and unbelievable to me to be able to have another child after so much I have gone through and my divorce. For sure, I’ll make myself leave before Jaejoong finds out my baby.

**Taecyeon‘s POV**

-AUDIO-

“Aniyo~ Tae~!”

“What~?!”

We laughed and played in the water.

“Aniyo~ this is a shell, you dumb jerk.” She showed me a ‘real’ shell when I showed her a rock.

“Right here~!”

“YAY~~!”

“PABO~AH!”

“I love you so much, best friend.”

-END-

The sound stopped once the audio did not contain any more. I have played this over and over again ever since the day I found out that she left to Japan. I tried finding her but got no information. Ji Kyung went back to the States and our parents finally agreed to drop the wedding. After we told them that we can not marry each other, it took a lot to ultimately get our parents to forget about the promise too. The day Ji Kyung left, I was the one to send her away. She had no tears nor did she had a curvy smile but a gentle expression pasted on her face. As I watched her walked into her gate, she didn’t turn back but somehow, I was hoping she did. It’s been five months. Can you really believe it? Five months ago, I was finally given my freedom and choice to love anyone but Jin Ae left. She left me in the open air like a lost soul trying to find its body. Five months and I was still waiting.

Yes, waiting for her return.

----

A/N: I didn't plan to do an update this early but I wanted to do it before my internet dies on me. Grrr. So how was Halloween for everyone?? Good? Bad?? Mine was okay but it was funny since my chubby niece was being dumb and clumsy. I love her. So... I got an update about Jaejoong's new tattoo and I'm still in shock. The thought was still stuck in my head LOL. Well whatever. ;D

-----

TEASERS:

"...I don't need you to love them like you are their father..."

~~~~

"Can I place my hand on your stomach then?"

~~~~

'She's pregnant? Can it be mine? Or is it...'

-----

THANK YOU FOR READING, COMMENTING & SUPPORTING!
UPDATED: NOV 1. 2010