Chapter 9

One More Time

 

*alarm clock ringing*


Min Ah stirred a bit and reach up her headboard to get the ringing alarm clock.


*2nd alarm clock ringing*


“ugghh...” she stirred again and snatch the second alarm clock, turned it off and hid under her blanket again.


*3rd alarm clock ringing*


“Arasso...I’m awake...” she said sleepily and turned of the third alarm clock.


“You need to be early today?” Kyu jong walked into her room with his upper pajama shirt ed properly, revealing his chest.


“Did the alarms wake you up? Told you not to move to the room beside mine since you’re a light sleeper.” Min Ah said while rubbing her eyes and yawning.


“How would I know if you need me or anything? Pali. Pali. Go and wash up. I’ll cook breakfast for you.” Kyu jong pushed her into her bathroom.


It had been a week since that incident and let’s just say that all of them have been become closer and like a family as Kyu jong and Hyun joong would say.


“Oh! Youngsaeng umma you’re up early.” Kyu jong greeted him and leaned on the dining table, watching him stack some pancakes on a plate.


“Yeah. It’s hard to sleep when maknae is busy trying to make his cookie edible. I’m worried that he would make the oven go boom.” Youngsaeng said referring to the baking session they had with Min Ah last night, and Hyung joon’s was the only inedible one.


“Annyeonghaseyo.” Min ah greeted the two when she reached the dining room.


“Good morning too.” Youngsaeng replied and placed a high stack of pancakes in front of her and poured a lot of maple syrup like the way she preferred it.


“Do you have to do something this early?” Min Ah asked him; he was not the type to wake up early without a reason.


“If you don’t want to eat it, then don’t.” Youngsaeng shrugged his shoulders and made another plate for Kyu jong.


“Anni. I want to. Komawo Saeng.” Min Ah said cheerfully and shoved a mouthful.


“Could it be that he woke up early to cook for me?” Min Ah asked in her mind while eyeing him.


“Min Ah I got it good this time, it’s edible.” Hyung joon who suddenly appeared from the kitchen startled her as he placed a plate of cookies in front of her.


“Ei, so our pet turtle was able to make something edible.” Hyun joong .


“Jungmin Appa, you’re up early too like Umma.” Kyu jong greeted him with a smile as the two walked towards the dining room. 


For the past week they were having fun appointing roles like that, and they seem to have taken fond of playing AROUND that role.


“This taste a little burnt.” Youngsaeng said while taking a bite.


“Saengie stop, it’s bad for your body.” Jungmin took the cookie from him making Kyu jong and Hyun joong chuckle.


“Eiyee...our turtle is scary.” Jungmin hid behind Youngsaeng when Hyung joon threw a plastic serving spoon towards him.


“The odor is not that bad, it looks good too.” Min Ah said and took a cookie and placed half of it in with the other half dangling outside like a little kid. 


“Let me see.” Hyun joong said and cupped her chin, taking a bite of the cookie and cutting it in half.


“Hmmm...Min Ah you have some cookie crumbs on your face.” Kyu jong said and wipe the crumbs away with his thumb and kissed her cheek. Making Jungmin panic at seeing the scene.


“You know, I can take it off myself if you tell me so.” Min Ah told Kyu jong then faced Hyun joong “and if you want one take it from here.” She pointed to the plate of cookies on the table and continued eating her pancakes.


“Min Ah! Y-y-your reaction is wrong. That’s where you should show some rejection not where you should let things go by!” Jungmin stuttered while shaking her as if trying to shake some sense into her.


“Please stop your ual harassment Jungmin ah.” Min Ah said coldly making the others chuckle.


“ual harassment? If I was ually harassing you, then they are criminals! Policemen help!” Jungmin said in a loud voice.


“Done eating? Kaja. I’ll send you to your office. I need to pick some stuff from the supermarket.” Youngsaeng said and waited for her to get her things from her room. Leaving Jungmin sitting in one corner of the dining room in the opposite direction of the neglected Hyung joon was sitting on.


Min’s POV


“Aigooo. Do they have to make a scene like this every morning?” I said to myself as I slumped on my seat inside my office.


“Coffee dear?” I saw Lee come inside and deposited his trench coat on the rack.


“No thanks, I’m still full.” I said and my computer.


“Usual ruckus over breakfast?” Lee said with an amused smile.


“De. This morning it’s about Hyung joon’s cookies.” I said and scanned my unread emails.


“Last time it was Jungmin’s carrots now it’s about cookies. Ei, when they start fighting over their leader’s body call me. I want to join in.” I threw a highlighter at him and he playfully caught it in midair.


“Tch! Share your blessings.” I heard him say before dumping my schedule for that day.


---


“And a 5, 6, 7, 8...” the choreographer was chanting as the five members were following his counting.


“Take a break first. That’s all for your dance practice today.” Their manager came inside the dance studio and brought some snacks for them.


“You’re progressing fast. Anyway recording starts this Friday, so be sure to get enough rest the night before.” 


“De.” The five of them answered in unison.


“Ah so tired. Didn’t even notice it’s past 10 already.” Hyung joong whined as he lay down on the floor sweat dripping from his forehead.


“Wait it’s 10 already? Is our baby alien home?” Hyun joong asked them.


“Aisshh stop calling her baby alien it’s weird.” Jungmin said and watched Kyu jong connect the line of the phone inside the studio to the phone downstairs.


“No answer.” Kyu jong said after trying to call twice.


“It’s late already, why is she still outside.” Hyung joon said.


“Shall we pick her up? She didn’t bring her car since I drove her to work.” Youngsaeng suggested and they all stood up and went downstairs ready to go when they heard a car stopped outside the house. Jungmin went first to see who it was.


“...” Jungmin just stared from the door when he saw Min Ah’s best friend wave at her and blew a flying kiss towards her.


“They are best friends, that is nothing special.” Jungmin said to himself as the others walked towards the door to see who it was.


“Oh! Jungmin ah, practice ended early today?” Min Ah greeted him then greeted the others when she noticed them.


“Min Ah why are you home so late?” Kyu jong scolded her like a protective father.


“That’s my line, are you the Appa?” Jungmin smacked his head.


“Aigooo you guys are at it again. We are doing some overtime, we’re double checking some things since we are currently handling four projects.” Min Ah said while shaking her left hand.


“What’s wrong with your hand?” Youngsaeng asked Min Ah when he noticed she was favoring her left hand when they were eating some late night snacks after they all showered.


“Ah! It’s nothing, I was drafting most of the day with my staff so it’s just a bit strained.” She gave him a smile.


“Want a massage?” Jungmin offered.


“You want a law suit against ual harassment?” Min Ah countered and Jungmin just pouted.


“Ke Ke Mal has been rejected again.” Hyung joon , earning him a hard whack at his head.


“Ya! Who got rejected?” Jungmin huffed at him.


“Omo! It’s been two hours already.” Min ah said and rushed to her room and came out with an overnight bag and her laptop.


“Oi, where are you going at this hour, it’s midnight already.” Hyun joong pulled on the handles of her bag making her walk backwards.


“I told you we are doing some overtime, it’s an all nighter.” Min Ah said and walked towards the door again.


“I’ll send you there.” Kyu jong pulled her bag this time making her walk backwards again.


“Aissshh stop pulling on my bag. If you don’t send me there how am I supposed to get home tomorrow afternoon?” She replied and tugged her bag free.


“We’ll send you. That’s final. I’ll pick you up tomorrow.” Youngsaeng said using his parent role as to his advantage.


“Fine. Ka (come).” Min Ah said with a pout.


“You guys, if the house is a mess when we get back I’ll kick you out.” Youngsaeng said to the three mess makers.


“You heard Youngsaeng Umma, be a nice kid and behave ne?” Kyu jong said smiling.


Youngsaeng’s POV


“Wait. Can you park the car for a while?” Min Ah suddenly said making me step on the brake suddenly.


“Bwoh?” I asked her but she was busy taking off her seatbelt.


“You guys can’t be seen right? So stay in the car, I’ll only be a few minutes.” She replied and ran off to a nearby convenience store.


“Hyung! What’s that about?” Kyu jong asked me when he woke up from my sudden brake. We were on the way to Min Ah’s office when she suddenly asked me to stop the car.


“I don’t know.” I replied and watched her come out of the convenience store with two small plastic bags.


“What is she doing?” I heard Kyu jong asked but I was too busy keeping an eye on her when she approached a man.


“Tch! This girl is really something. Not only does she has a nursery rhyme playlist on her ipod, she stops to a convenience store in the middle of the night to buy some slippers.” I said to myself as I saw her pull out a pair of slippers from one of the bags as she gave the other plastic bag to the kid that the man was carrying.


“Kaja.” I chuckled at her when she ran back to the car and happily fastened her seatbelt again.


“Whoa! My sister is kind.” I heard Kyu jong say when he finally realized that the man she approached was a less fortunate guy.


“Anni. Isn’t it our job to help those in need?” Min Ah said way too innocently.


“You really think like a kid.” I said to her and Kyu jong and I chuckled at her pout.


“Do you want to come inside?” 


“Anniyo. We have to go back, don’t push yourself too much.” I said to her and drove back home.


“Hyung! What do you think of Min Ah? She’s energetic and cute, but there are still a lot of new things about her that surprises me.” Kyu jong was ranting on and on as we head home.


“When will I ever get my peaceful life back?” I muttered to myself as I drove.


End of POV


---6am


“Seems like we ended earlier than we thought.” Lee said happily as the project management team employees were walking like a zombie as they headed home.


“Go home safely arasso? I’ll see you guys tomorrow and rest well today.” Min Ah said to them and she was rewarded with smiles. Though it has just been barely two weeks, her employees were happy with her as their boss.


“Lee can you give me a ride? I told Youngsaeng that we’d be done by 8am. Didn’t think we’ll finish earlier.” Min Ah asked her best friend while she gathered her things.


“Do you need to ask? It’s not like we are not friends for years. Just say ‘ya take me home’ then I’ll follow like a politely.” Lee was joking as they made their way towards his car.


“Aigooo you want something don’t you?” Min Ah as they made their way to her house.


“Lee watch out!!” Min Ah screamed when a car suddenly zoomed through them even though it was the go signal for their lane already.


“That crazy ugly guy, he almost scraped my beauty!” Lee said angrily when he managed to steer right and stop at the side of the road.


“Lee...” Min Ah said in between in takes of breath.


“OMG! What’s wrong...Anni, you’re having an asthma attack! Where’s your nebulizer?” Lee said and rummaged through her bag.


“Don’t have...” Min Ah managed to say.


“Aigoo of course, its been 2 years since you’re last attack...wait the hospital...its near here...hang in there...or else your beauty will be eaten by the worms!” Lee panicked and sped towards the hospital, it wasn’t long since the streets were almost empty.


“What happened to her?” A nurse came to help him when he clumsily carried her towards the emergency room.


“Asthma attack, last attack was two years ago, she just received a fright earlier when we almost collided with a car. Age 22, no sleep since last night, and oh! She has allergies to shrimp and soy milk.” Lee briefed the nurse since he was used to report these things during their college years.


“Arasso. Komawo for the information, we’ll take it from here. Will you please help us register the patient?” one of the nurses took down what he just said and pointed to him the direction towards the registration area.


“Yeobuseyo?” Lee answered his hand phone just after when he was in the middle of registering Min Ah.


“Bwoh?! Arasso. Hang in there you crazy girl.” Lee said after getting a call from his drunken cousin who doesn’t know how to get inside their house.


“OMG! I can’t leave Min Ah alone. Otokke? Wait, I can call one of those cuties.” Lee said to himself and hurriedly finished the registration, made sure that she was alright first then called her home number.


“Who’s calling so early...” Kyu jong went out of his room with his usual wrongly buttoned pajama shirt.


“BWOH?!” Kyu jong shouted after listening to what Lee said to him and came rushing to wake up the others.


---


“Miss where is Ms. Yoon Min Ah who was brought to the emergency a while ago?” Jungmin was hastily asking the nurse when they came dashing inside the hospital, not minding the screams of their fans.


“She just got discharged 20 minutes ago.” The nurse said to him, obviously bemused to his flawless face.


“Wait who filed her discharged papers?” Youngsaeng asked kindly although he was panicking inside like the others.


“She discharged herself after paying.” The nurse said in a daze.


"Who let's a patient discharge by herself?" Hyung joon said as he followed the other walking towards the exit.


“Aisshh!” Jungmin said in irritation as he took out his hand phone and dialed her number.


“Ya! JUST WHAT WERE YOU THINKING LEAVING BY YOURSELF?!” he yelled over the phone when she picked up.


“I’m almost home.” Min Ah answered and ended the call.


“Where is she?” Hyun joong asked him as they made their way back to their cars.


“Almost home then she hangs up on me.” Jungmin said in irritation as they went home in a hurry.

~~~~