Chapter 5

One More Time

Jungmin’s POV


“Jungmin ah pali we’re going to be late!” Min Ah called for me from my room.


“Arasso. Arasso. Coming!” I replied and rushed out the door and into her car.


“Where are we going?” I asked, uncomfortable that she was the one driving while I had to just sit down.


“You’ll know when we get there. It’s only a 40 minute drive from here.” She said with a smile.


“Oh! This is our song.” I proudly pointed out and sang along the lyrics of In Your Smile.


“Whoa! I just realized that your voices are really good.” I smiled at her comment after hearing our song.


“When our practice starts you are welcome to listen to us. You can be our audience, but you have to cheer like a fan.” I joked at her.


“Arasso. I’ll even make one of those sign boards that fans usually use.” I chuckled at her response as we continued joking around about what a fan should do around her idol.


“Oh! We’re here. Kaja.” Min Ah turned off the engine and went out.


“Is there an occasion?” I asked after I closed the car door and adjusted my cap while I was eyeing the caterers and balloons all over the place of an orphanage.


“Not really.” I eyed her suspiciously as she pulled me by the hand and introduced me to the head in charge of the orphanage.


“Noona you came back!” a boy wearing a blue shirt ran to her and pulled her away and towards the group of children watching the magic show that a clown and a magician was doing.


“It’s so kind of you to visit our orphanage.” I heard the head say and I smiled at her.


“Actually I didn’t know that we were going here, mianhe if I couldn’t bring anything.” I apologized.


“Anni. You’re Ms. Yoon’s guest, all these gifts and the caterers are sponsored by her.” She told me and I asked the question that has been bugging me.


“Seems like she has been here before. Is she always donating here?” I asked trying to find out what’s her connection in this orphanage.


“Actually even before she was born, her parents have been throwing a party here at this same day. Both of her parents came from this very own orphanage, and Mrs. Yoon would often bring her along.” She said and I thanked her quickly when Min Ah called for me to follow her.


Min Ah’s POV


“Would you like to help me with something?” I asked Jungmin as I made him follow me inside the orphanage and into a wide room.


“What do I have to do?” I heard him asked and I chuckled at the smile that broke his face when he saw the little children inside the room.


“Help me with them. These are the kids not allowed to go outside because they are too small and have special needs, we have to feed and play with them.” I told him. I don’t know why but I just have this feeling that their group was something different than other artists, so I brought him here to see for myself.


“That’s all? Come on kids let’s get ready to party!” He said in a loud voice and the other social workers laughed at his gesture and I guided him about basic things to keep in mind about taking care of the kids.


“Eiiyee!” I heard him scream with laughter, as he was being attack by the kids with soft small balls in the play area.


“He’s a natural with kids.” I heard Alicia speak she was one of the social workers in this orphanage, a year older than me I think.


“Ye. He’s good at handling kids.” I said as I look at him playing with one of the children, a girl wearing a pink sweater while he was feeding and playing with her. 



“Not bad. A group with a kind heart for children.” I said to myself as I continued helping out with the kids and leaving Jungmin to fend for his own from the children’s playful attacks.


End of POV


“Tired already?” Min Ah asked Jungmin when he yawned while they were entering the supermarket around 7pm after their long visit at the orphanage.


“De, but it was totally worth it.” Jungmin smiled and waved politely to his fans that were following them.


“Would you be in trouble if they see you with me?” Min Ah asked when she sensed some pairs of eyes burning at her back.


“Don’t worry they are pretty harmless when they know I’m still around. So don’t go too far or else you’ll be attacked.” Jungmin and she playfully hit his shoulder.


“Where’s the list?” Min Ah asked him and read the list that Kyu jong had written.


“Let’s see the meat section first?” Jungmin asked and Min Ah just nodded.


“Off to the treasure meat section.” Jungmin said in a pirate tone voice.


“Aye! Captain!” Min Ah played along; both of them still had some hang over from playing at the orphanage.


The two were like little kids playing with the grocery items, making funny poses as if their promoting the product as they filled their cart and went to the cashier to pay for it.


“Min Ah don’t tell Kyu jong that I bought a whole pack of carrots arajji?” Jungmin whispered to her as he paid the grocery items, refusing the money that Min Ah was chipping in.


“Ke Ke. Were you not supposed to buy them?” Min Ah as they went back to her car.


“Something like that. I’ll drive.” He offered and Min ah passed the keys to him.


“Min Ah mianhe of I would sound nosy but I heard that your parents came from that orphanage.” Jungmin apologized to her, since he felt that he should not know that information without her knowledge.


“Why are you apologizing? I’m not ashamed of it. I actually love the fact that they both came from there, though the only thing I regretted was not having any relatives aside from Halmoni.” Min Ah replied giving him a reassuring smile that it was okay.


“Since I’m already nosy can I continue? You’re only relative is your Grandma Se Bin right? But weren’t your parents orphans?” Jungmin asked since he got confused, he was looking at the road in front of them but he could see in his peripheral vision that she wasn’t upset.


“Umma was adopted by Halmoni because she was lonely and raised her as if she was her own daughter, but even before that they were together with my Appa.”


“Ah! So that’s why you’re only relative was your grandma.” Jungmin nodded and let her continue.


“De. Both of them worked part time and got scholarships to finish their studies. When Appa was a stable architect he married my Umma who was still finishing her medicine course. Today is their wedding anniversary, instead of celebrating it, my parents always throw a party at the orphanage who had been their home since they were kids.” Min Ah replied, smiling at the memory of the story that her father has repeated all over again when she was young.


“Jeongmallo? That’s amazing. No wonder you are so bubbly and kind. You came from a warm loving family.” Jungmin replied and concentrated on driving when Min Ah smiled at him then excused herself since she had to take a call.


“Yeobuseyo? Oh Lee! What is it?” Jungmin was listening to her while he was driving.


“Arasso. Since the measurements are done, you can relax now. I’ll see you in Monday.”


“De. You too.” Jungmin was wondering who was this Lee that sounded like a guy who is too close to Min Ah.


---

“Ya! You two stop playing around with those knives.” Youngsaeng scolded Kyu jong and Min Ah who were fooling around while cutting some vegetables for the kimbap.


“Min Ah I want pasta for tomorrow.” Jungmin who was just watching them suggested.


“But pasta sauce might spill while we travel.” Youngsaeng said to him and smack his hand that was playing with the bowl that I was going to use to mix some marinade sauce.


“Ouch! Kyu, Youngsaeng ah hit me.” Kyu jong just smiled when he complained.


“Should I make a baked lasagna instead? That way no sauce will spill.” Min Ah suggested and the horse was suddenly happy and went to bother Hyung joon more likely.


“Aisshh! This kid.” Youngsaeng grumbled and went on mixing the marinade sauce for the chicken.


“Mine is more pretty.” Min Ah compared her Kimbap to Kyu jong’s


“Anni, yours is sloppy see.” Kyu jong said and bent her roll of Kimbap. 


“Aissh stop messing my master piece.” Min Ah said and continued to cut more ingredients to make another roll.


The two went on and on, bugging each other while preparing the ingredients.


“Ouch!” Min Ah shook her right hand.


“Ya! Didn’t I told you to stop fooling around?!” Youngsaeng scolded them when he saw the bleeding right finger of Min Ah.


“It’s just a small cut.” Min Ah said pouting when he left to get some band-aid.


“Kwenchana?” Kyu jong whispered after she washed her finger.


“De. Kwenchana.” Min Ah whispered.


“Why are we whispering?” Kyu jong asked.


“I don’t know. Youngsaeng is scary.” She replied still in a whisper.


“He’s just like that, he doesn’t like it when someone gets hurt. You’ll get used to it.” they continued whispering and stopped when Youngsaeng came back.


“Here. I can handle the cutting parts, maybe you can just start with that lasagna?” Youngsaeng handed her the band-aid started cutting beside Kyu jong.


“Pink?” Min Ah said with a smile while eyeing the band-aid on her finger.


“Uh, we have a lot of band-aids with different colors.” Youngsaeng said and suppressed a smile while he continued cutting.


“Stop it.” Youngsaeng whispered when Kyu jong was teasing him by nudging him a bit.


And the two kept on nudging and teasing each other like what Min Ah and Kyu jong did earlier.


--- Next Day


“Yo!~” Hyung joon was waving at the fans who were crowding around them the moment they got inside the theme park.


“Ya! Don’t go too far from us.” Hyun joong yelled at their youngest member when he strayed too far from the group. Their manager was with them along with some guards to secure them.


“Uh...don’t you think I’m sort of not supposed to be here?” Min Ah asked Kyu jong while they were walking towards the theme park’s hotel to checked in first.


“Kwenchana. Manager hyung is here too. If an article comes up about it we can always tell them that you’re currently working with us.” Youngsaeng replied for him since he was busy eating and pulled her closer to the group.


“Min Ah I’m still hungry.” Kyu jong whined at her and rub his tummy.


“You’re still hungry?” Min Ah said in shock. He ate a lot during breakfast and on their way to the theme park.


“Ya! You really want to eat a lot? We’re riding right after this.” Jungmin asked him and pointed to the different rides that were posted in the hotel’s lobby.


“Uh...on second thought, I’ll eat later.” Kyu jong said when he saw the roller coaster ride picture and went to bother Youngsaeng who was taking pictures.


“Alright you kids guards will be following you so just go and have fun. Remember to not do something stupid and...aiissshhh this kids.” their manager complained when they already took off and didn’t let him finish his sentence.


“Umma! Umma! These kids are killing me!!” Hyung joon screamed real loud when the ride suddenly drop from a very high height, while the others were laughing when the freefall ride stopped at the middle.


“That was fun.” Min Ah said but she stopped when she looked at Hyung joon and Kyu jong’s pale face.


“Umma...Umma...” Hyun joong was imitating their youngest even though he himself was screaming silently.


“Kaja!!” Jungmin who was in high spirits dragged them towards the dragon boat ride, not minding their protests.


“Ah! I think my soul just left my body.” Kyu jong said while he collapsed on a bench after remembering how high the boat swung up in the air.


“I’ll go get some drinks.” Min Ah said and went to walk towards the nearest vending machine.


“I’ll go help her.” Youngsaeng said while Jungmin was trying to get away from Hyung joon’s dead as revenge for dragging him into another scary ride.


“Ke Ke they’ll like this, it’s still so cold.” Min Ah said to herself while hugging 6 cans of soda with her when suddenly a guy bumped into her making her lose her balance.


“Ya!” Youngsaeng yelled and he was relieved when he managed to catch her.


“Kwenchana?” Min Ah heard a familiar voice asked her after she feeling of falling directly in someone’s arms.


“Aw...De. Komawo Youngseng.” Min Ah stood up properly still hugging the cans of soda.


“Let me carry some of those.” Youngsaeng said and took four of the cans and walked back to the group, while looking back every now and then to make sure Min Ah was there and not somewhere on the ground.


They spent the whole morning playing around the rides, Hyung joon was mostly the one screaming on all rides, and Hyun joong and Jungmin played the most pranks on him. Min Ah, Youngsaeng and Kyu jong were only the audience but they beat them up on the arcade and shooting games.


“Ah! I can’t still believe you’re good at shooting games.” Youngsaeng complained when he lost to Min Ah by two points. They were seated at a picnic spot while the guards were surrounding them, keeping the fans from disturbing them.


“That’s because a carnival was just around the block where I live in Japan before. I got a lot of practice.” Min Ah said while passing out the food they made for their lunch.


“Min Ah is there enough for four more persons?” Hyun joong asked.


“De. We have a lot.” Min Ah replied.


“Great. We can give the guards some lunch too.” Kyu jong said and helped their leader give the food to the guards while Youngsaeng and Jungmin helped in giving out the drinks. Hyung joon was being a baby and taking out the carrots in the curry before giving it to them.


“These guys are really something.” Min Ah whispered to herself as she gazed at them having a friendly chat with the guards and the fans before taking out her phone.


“Lee, I’ll be absent tomorrow arajji? I’ll be done by the first draft when I come back on Tuesday.” She said and hangs up after.


“Aw...our Youngsaeng umma and Kyu jong appa sure can cook.” Hyun joong joked as he took a big bite of his lunch.


“What about Min Ah then?” Kyu jong asked.


“She’s the baby, but babies can’t cook. Ah! She’s the baby alien.” Hyun joong exclaimed and everyone grunted at his statement and demanded for a better one.


“Ke Ke so this must be how it feels to have siblings.” Min Ah said making everyone stop bothering their leader.


“Don’t you have a stepbrother?” Youngsaeng asked.


“De, but we were never really close, maybe because we only saw each other during holidays.” Min Ah said and everyone just stared at her.


“Wae~” Min Ah asked nervously when they continued staring and they formed a circle leaving her out while whispering something.


“Ya!” Min Ah said chuckling at their childish actions.


“Min Ah, by the power vested in me as SS501’s leader, I now announced you our official dongsaeng.” Hyun joong said in a priestly way making everyoone protest again.


“We’re now your brothers arasso?” Kyu jong said to her.


“Yo my sister. Tell us if anyone bullies you, we’ll corner him and beat the hell out of him.” Hyung joon said.


“Did you say hell? How can you say that with your innocent mouth?” Jungmin and the two-started bickering with each other.


“Uh...you don’t have to do that, being friends with you is already fine.” Min Ah said suddenly uncomfortable, which Youngsaeng sensed.


“De. We’re your chingus. Just think about it as friends that acts like brothers at certain times arasso?” Youngsaeng tried to reassure her; confused why she suddenly got tensed up when they presented to be her brother.


“Ne. Ya! You two do you want me to throw away your food?” Min Ah scolded the two bickering members.


“Annni!” the two said at the same time, making the others laugh.


“Why are you so upset about being treated like family, what’s your secret Yoon Min Ah?” Youngsaeng asked in his mind as he gazed at her playing with Kyu jong and Jungmin while Hyung joon was being a victim of Hyun joong’s prank.



62.gif