Chapter 26

One More Time

 

 

Youngsaeng’s POV


Everyone was sleeping at our van. We just finished our performance for a variety show and was now on the way to our photo shoot location.


I looked out at the window. Eyeing the different vehicles and people we pass by.


Flashback


“You know it would be better if you two make up already. Having a silent war is tiring right?” Lee told me all of a sudden.


“De. It’s just that I am having a hard time into coming to terms with the current situation.” I replied as I took a seat outside the porch. Feeling the night breeze rustle through my hair.


“What is there to come into terms with? Isn’t grasping it with both hands more important than reluctantly reaching out to it?” I smiled at his response. Wondering if this person was really Lee.


“She’s not yet ready...and besides her dream right now is much more important than my feelings. As for Jungmin, let’s just say I am speechless on how to approach him.” I answered, looking at the stars then at the vast darkness in front of us.


“Uncertainty is scary but quite blissful actually.” I stared at him, confused at his response.


“Huh?” I asked, tilting my head in an attempt to comprehend where our conversation was heading.


“2 years. Min Ah had dealt with uncertainty in two years. The same competition as the one we are participating in. she was tricked and stripped off her dreams.” I looked up at him signing him to continue when he paused.


“A man the same age as we were was paid to be a spy in the company we were working. Our team warmly received him when our boss decided to trust Min Ah’s talents but he betrayed that. The man was working for an influential architect that used dirty tricks to bring his enemy down.” Lee continued.


“Was this the reason for her fatigue before she relocated here in Korea?” I asked and he nodded.


“Our model was destroyed, all blueprints were soaked wet. Sabotaged a night before the competition. No one blamed Min Ah but she worked hard to get the reputation of the company back. For two years, she dealt with the uncertainty of where her dream would really take her but she managed to face it, which leads to today. That man would be in the competition.”


“Why are you telling me this?” I asked, my heart aching at the knowledge of how Min Ah suffered just to reach her dream.


“It would lose it’s meaning if I told you.” Lee replied and left me.


End of Flashback



I gave out a sigh.


“Now I’m more confused.” I said out loud and silently thought about how Min Ah and Lee were doing at Japan and the competition. They still haven’t called today unlike the other past days. 


Jungmin’s POV


It’s been five days since the girls left. Of course like the other kids I was sad and miss them too but in a way being away from them made me think about a lot of things. Things that I should have noticed long before, and now it seems like it is almost too late...As far as SHE was concerned.


Letting out a heavy sigh I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed Lee’s number. Everyone was busy preparing, for we were in the midst of a photo shoot.


“Lee?” I asked when someone picked up the phone. He was yelling something that I couldn’t catch since it was grumbled.


“It’s Jungmin.” I replied when he asked who it was.


“About that thing I talked to you about. You’re supposed to come back here in two days right? Can you make up an excuse to stay there in Japan for two more days?” I asked him.


“De. I’ve decided. Arasso. Komawo.” I ended the call and sat down on one of the empty chairs around the set.


“Forgive me for this Youngsaeng-sshi.”


End of POV


“How long until we get to prepare everything?” Xin asked Si Yun.


“Two more days.” He replied while eyeing all the evidence that Xin had managed to gather at the table of her hotel room.


“Arasso. I want to go out.” Xin pouted and leaned on the table.


“You’re not allowed until this whole mess is cleaned up. No one knows what he might do to you once he receive the court order.” Si Yun shook his head and reminded her.


“All I see for five straight days is the four walls of my hotel room, plus the two guards you positioned outside.” Xin continued to complain.


“You know this is for you.” Si Yun told her and gave out a heavy sigh.


“I wonder what he is doing?” Xin said out loud.


“Jungmin? Want me to send someone to see what he has been up to?” He asked her twin sister. Xin told him everything that happened while she was away. Starting from the day before she ran away.


“Ya! Stop being a weird brother okay? Besides it’s not like he likes me back, since he has no clue of my feelings and he likes Min Ah.” Xin scolded him and stood up to bury herself under her covers.


“Oi, since when did Yan Xin Lin been a coward?” He and hit her with the chocolate bar he got from the table.


“Say that again and I’ll kick your .” She replied and he just chuckled. Some things just wouldn’t change really, especially her stubbornness.


---


“Whew! Tomorrow will be the final presentation.” Min Ah exclaimed. Letting out her nervousness from waiting for the final lists that made it to the top five contestants that would be competing to showcase their design in front of the sponsors itself.


“Relax dear, we are doing great. Now let’s get some dinner before I famish.” Lee assured her and dragged her inside a Chinese restaurant.


“Well...well...isn’t it the small fry of Korea.” Yan Yi said as he saw Min Ah and Lee enter the restaurant, as his group was about to leave.


“Well isn’t it the scary face of Singapore.” Lee countered.


“Enough Lee. Let’s not spoil our dinner over someone who doesn’t have any dignity.” Min Ah said and walked past him, tugging Lee along with her.


“It seems you still haven’t learned much Ms. Yoon. Don’t blame if you lose, which would be too obvious.” Yan Yi said with his usual arrogant voice.


“It’s seems like you’re afraid of this ‘small fry’ Mr. Yan. Maybe because this time around, not one of your dirty tricks will work.” Min Ah replied before walking away completely.


---


“What?! Uncle Yi also made it to the finals?! Min Ah is there too, she might get involved.” Xin exclaimed while banging her hands on the table.


“Calm down Xin. I have made arrangements for my men to be with her 24/7 until we get Uncle Yi into the authorities’ custody. She knows that I am her anonymous back up.” Si Yun assured her and flicks her head for being too hot tempered. Though he can’t blame her.


It was the day of the final competition and the authorities were moving in to arrest him right after in a private way as to not cause a big controversy over it as much as possible.


“Can’t help it. I just don’t want anyone close to me to be pulled in this mess.” Xin whined and rubbed her fore head.


---


“Lee stop that.” Min Ah scolded him in a low soft voice.


They were inside the conference room, and only two participants have not yet presented. Yan Yi and her.


“Wae?” Lee whined in a whispery voice.


“Stop glaring at him.” Min Ah replied in the same voice and straightened out when Yan Yi started presenting his model and presentation.


“What this premier lot needs is a building that does not only shows it’s luxurious site but as well as it’s exclusive yet high class characteristic...” Lee rolled his eyes at Yan Yi’s opening line.


“I’m not glaring, and you’re not any different. You just smirked at his introduction.” Lee countered and showed a small smile.


“Wae? That smirk was for you.” Min Ah replied totally not listening to his presentation even though she looked like she was.


“Thanks you Mr. Yan Yi from the Mer’s Architectural Firm. The last presentor, which whom is the only one who got in from Korea, Ms. Yoon Min Ah of Daisy’s Architectural Firm.” The emcee announced as Min Ah stood up and went to the center.


A smile on her lips as she took a deep breath and silenced the audience as a hologram of the premier landscape suddenly appeared on the large empty table in front of her. 


~~~

I'm now in a debate with myself as who should I really pair Min Ah with...lol XD thinking of hurting my characters ^^ *evil author*