Chapter 35

One More Time


Xin stared at the sunrise that was about to peak as she took a deep breath and threw another stone into the sea.


“Babo...Xin you babo!” She hit her head lightly when images of what she did last night flashed in her head.


“Xin are you crazy? How could you –“ her self blame was cut off by the ringing of her phone.


“YEOBUSEYO?!” She shouted over the phone.


“Wae~” the person on the other end ask her sudden outburst.


“Oh! Mianhe. What is it Kyu?” She asked feeling embarrassed when she shouted at him.


“Youngsaeng hyung just took Min Ah to the nearest hospital. I can’t contact Lee, the others are waking up Jungmin and Grandma Sebin. Can you go to the hospital to help hyung? We’ll be there soon.” Kyu jong hastily explained.


“Arasso. What hospital?” She said while hurriedly running towards the entrance. Only Youngsaeng and Lee brought their cars so she opted to call for a cab.


---


“Damn what’s taking so long...” Youngsaeng impatiently waited outside the emergency room.


“Youngsaeng-sshi, what happened?” He turned at Xin’s voice and hugged her.


“Xin ah, what do I do?” He asked, completely afraid.


“Seat down first.” She patted his back and seated him at the available chair.


“We played Star2 when we got home last night and slept around 1. She was all right when I fell asleep, but she suddenly fainted when she stood up a while ago to go to the bathroom. She’s even burning with a fever. I don’t know what’s wrong with her.” He said and messed his hair and crumpled his face.


“Kwenchana. Min Ah is not that weak. You really love her huh.” Xin tried to calm him down. The others were still not there so the least she could do was be there for him.


“De. I do. She’s the only one who had made me this happy. How about you? You love Jungmin right?” He asked her. Xin was startled by the sudden question.


“I, uh—they’re here!” Xin changed the topic when she saw the group running towards them.


“Did the doctor come out already?” Grandma Sebin asked them.


“Not yet Halmeoni.” Youngsaeng said sadly.


“It’s going to be alright son.” His father held his shoulder tightly, giving him reassurance.


“Doctor! How is she?” Grandma Sebin asked him as he approached them.


“She would be fine, don’t worry. She will be transferred to a room in a few minutes, but I need some questions to be answered first.” The doctor informed them and they all felt relieved at his answer.


“What is it doc?” Jungmin asked the doctor.


“When was the patient’s last asthma attack? And how frequent are her attacks this month?” The doctor asked and everyone turned to Youngsaeng.


“She had one last night...as far as I can remember she had two attacks this week, and about 4 times already for this whole month. Waeyo? Is something wrong?” Youngsaeng answered, not minding the comment of Hyung joon about memorizing anything about her.


“From all these attacks what is she taking?” The doctor asked again.


“Her inhaler.” Hyun joong answered and the five guys showed the inhaler they are carrying.


“Just as I thought. What she has right now is called Serum sickness. It’s a hypersentivity to a certain drug, by her case it’s her asthma medicine.” The doctor replied.


“Is it serious? What can we do about it?” Youngsaeng’s mother asked, completely afraid.


“We just have to treat her current symptoms which is her high fever and tiredness. I would be prescribing some medicines to help her recover fast, but I would also be prescribing her a new medicine for her asthma.” The doctor assured her and everyone let out a sigh silently.


“Then can we see her?” Youngsaeng impatiently asked.


“De. You can ask the nurse for the information. I would like to keep her for at least two days so that I can observe her progress.” The doctor said and went inside the emergency room. Leaving them to bug the nurse and went to Min Ah’s room.


---


“Xin talk to me please.” Jungmin was trying to get her attention but just like an hour before, she was ignoring him.


“Look. Last night was nothing. I’m not like Soo Rin who would tie you down.” Xin tried her best to not burst into tears while she was buying some drink from the hospital’s vending machine.


“Nothing? How could last night be nothing?! Excuse me, I may be drunk last night but I was in my right mind when I slept with you.” Jungmin was now irritated by her coldness.


“What exactly do you want from me?” She faced him.


“As crazy as it sounds but I like you. A lot.” Jungmin said and tried to come closer to her but she took a step back.


“Don’t mess with me Jungmin. Everyone knows its Min Ah you like, I am not a replacement.” Xin said and turned around, afraid that he would see the tears that were about to fall from her eyes.


“Who told you that I am just messing with you? Ya! Xin!” Jungmin called out to her when she shrugged off his hand and ran.


“Dang!” Jungmin kicked the wall as he stared at the empty hallway.


---


“Why are you being so childish?” Youngsaeng asked Min Ah who was pursing her lips.


“I am not being childish! I just don’t want to stay here!” Min Ah protested. They were arguing when she found out that she had to stay for at least two days.


“You’re staying here!” Youngsaeng said loudly as his father held his shoulder and took him outside the room to calm down.


“what is wrong with him?” Lee said as he wiped away the tears from Min Ah’s face.


“I don’t want to stay here Lee...I hate this place.” Min Ah sobbed as Lee tried to calm her down while Kyu jong went to get a glass of water.


Hyun joong and Hyung joon was silent, not knowing what to do. First, Jungmin and Xin were obviously ignoring each other. Second, Youngsaeng and Min Ah were fighting. Third, Grandma Sebin and Youngsaeng’s mother was not there to help them since they were fixing her papers and buying her medicine.


“Youngsaeng-ah, I know you are only worried about her, but she has her reasons.” His father spoke after a few minutes of silence. They were seated outside the room.


“I know she hates hospitals, but can’t she just try to stay. It’s for her own good.” Youngsaeng said as he leaned his head on the wall behind him.


“Do you know why she hates hospitals?” His father asked him in a calm tone.


“Because her mother was a doctor but she died inside the hospital.” Youngsaeng answered.


“De. That’s correct. Do you know the reason why she was so stubborn in not staying here?” He asked again.


“Isn’t it the same reason?” Youngsaeng asked in confusion as he looked at his father.


“Anni. This is the hospital where her mom died. This is a place that holds a very sad memory for her.” He said and patted his shoulder before leaving him alone to think.


---


“Saeng?” Min Ah shook him a little when he was sleeping beside her bed. She didn’t know that she fell asleep from crying.


“Hmm?..You’re awake? How are you feeling?” He sleepily said and checked her forehead. It was still hot but not like before.


“Still bad but I can manage. Mianhe, for getting mad.” Min Ah smiled at him.


“Kwenchana. I should be the one apologizing.” He said and kissed her forehead.


“Where are the others?” She asked after whispering her I Love You to him.


“Went home first. They will be back later. I love you too.” He answered and messed her hair.


“Wae~” She protested and they both chuckled and started hitting each other playfully. They only stopped when a nurse came in to check on her.



~~~