Chapter 2

One More Time



“Lee stop rushing would you? Those restaurants won’t be running.” Min Ah called to him as he walked ahead to find the service that her brother had rented for them ahead of time, since her car hasn’t arrived in Seoul yet.


“Mal is here.” Hyung joon said as they heard their fans shout.


“Youngsaeng isn’t here yet, his still in the bathroom.” Kyu jong said to their manager when they got the van ready so that they can leave as soon as Mal is escorted inside.


Youngsaeng’s POV


“Ne. I’m on my way.” I said over my hand phone without looking on where I was going, that made me bumped into someone.


“Mianhe.” I heard a voice say as we both got down to get our things that fell on the floor.


“I should be the one saying that. Mianhe.” I smiled at the pretty girl in front of me.


“Min Ah, pali our ride is here.” I heard a guy yell and the pretty girl smiled at me and left hurriedly towards that person.


“Pretty!” I said to myself as I got my green ipod on the floor and tucked it in my pocket and headed towards our van.


“What took you so long? Miss me?” I was greeted by Jungmin’s hug and pout when I entered the van.


“Mianhe. I bumped into someone. Where do you want to eat? I’m treating today.” I said since I was too happy that we were together again, all five of us.


“Jinjja?! Yey!” I heard Hyung joon say and they all discussed where to eat and had Hyun joong on loudspeaker to ask his opinion too.


“Just decide where, I’ll take a small nap first.” I said and took out my ipod. My eyes went wide when I turned it on and a smile made it’s way on my face as I continued to listen to the playlist in it.


Min Ah’s POV


“Omo! This isn’t my ipod.” I said the moment I listened to its playlist.


“It looks like yours.” Lee Hoo told me after he placed our orders.


“The songs are different. It’s all Korean and some English and Japanese songs. It must belong to the guy who I bumped into at the airport.” I said as I scrolled around the songs.


“Is he dropped down gorgeous?” I rolled my eyes at his question.


“That I can’t tell, he was wearing a big sunglasses and a beanie hat.” I said and closed the subject as our food arrived.


“Anyway, what did your cousin say when she found out that you’ll be staying here in Korea again after all these years?” I asked him. Ever since we graduated from college, both of us never went back to Korea. My reasons were personal ones, while his reason was that he couldn’t take it if he was away from me.


“She emailed me just one sentence. ‘Finally some sense knocked on your head’.” I laughed at his reply. His cousin usually bullied him because he was like a dog following me around. Like how I have to move in Korea, he resigned form the company too and went with me.


“I wonder what she will say if we tell her that you’re here in Seoul because you’ll be my personal assistant and partner in our firm.” I said amusingly. Lee knows how I want things to be done so he will be a great help in managing my staff since he worked as my co-partner at our previous company.


“She’ll kick my wonderful .” Lee said with a smile but he gave me a disgusted face when he noticed that a girl next to our table was eyeing him.


“Ya! Just hurry and eat, were going straight to the office to meet the employees.” 


“As usual you are a hard worker.” He said and continued eating. I gave him my carrots and peas on my steak as he gave me his potatoes, a routine that we always do. 


Grandma See Bin’s POV


“Grandma has Min Ah called you already? She’s supposed to have arrived at Seoul already.” I heard my grandson Hanam call for me as he just arrived at the coffee shop near our home here at L.A. I was in with Se Eun. (Youngsaeng’s Mom, mianhe, I don’t know her name so I just made up this one)


“She’s supposed to be in Seoul?” I asked surprised.


“De. She’s taking over the firm, I told you over the phone already. I called the housekeeper to fix her room at the house there. Oh! Annyeong Auntie Se Eun.” I smiled widely at his statement and his greeting.


“Annyeong Hanam. Umma, is it okay. My Saengie is staying there too, and your granddaughter will be arriving.” She asked me with a serious face.


“Of course it is. Their parents are best friends; surely they’ll get along well. Ei, didn’t you mention that you are concerned that your son might get lonely living alone there.” I said with a smile and she got what I meant, so we decided to call Youngsaeng to inform him that my grandchild would be staying there.


“Tch! You ladies are acting like teenage match makers.” I heard Hanam laughed at our conversation and ordered some latte.


“We’re still young you know.” Se Eun commented and the three of us laughed together.


Hyun joong’s POV


“Youngsaeng ah someone is at the door, shall I get it?” I yelled as he was busy playing with his psp while the others were watching a movie at his house.


“De. Can you get it please?” I nodded at his request and opened the door.


“Ah! It’s noona.” I said referring to the housekeeper of the house and eyed the two luggages she had with her.


“Noona are you moving here?” I heard Jungmin greet her.


“If I did that would be the end of Youngsaeng-sshi’s peaceful days.” We chuckled at her joke and helped her pull the luggage inside.


“Noona, this came from Japan right?” I said while studying the airline sticker on the suitcase.


“Ne. Youngsaeng-sshi, did Halmoni Se Bin told you that her grand child is arriving and will be staying here?” She asked Youngsaeng who stopped playing his psp and walked towards us.


“Ne. Are you here to clean up his room?” Youngsaeng asked.


“His? Anni, her grand child is a girl, around Jungmin’s age.” We all stared at noona when she said that.


“Youngsaeng will be living with a girl?!” I asked and we gave Youngsaeng an evil look.


End of POV


“Noona does she know that she will be living with a guy?” Hyung joon asked the housekeeper.


“Ne. As far as I know she didn’t mind when her stepbrother told her since it was the son of their father’s best friend.” She said while putting on some clean linen on a bed.


“I always wondered why this room was separated from all the rooms in this floor.” Kyu jong asked as he watched the room with an entirely different design. 


“She is an architect. As far as I know she designed all the rooms here while her father did the entire house while Youngsaeng’s father was the one who chose the materials to be used.” She explained to them when they eyed the different study table and holders of different color pens and markers on one wall.


“Hyung! Do you think it will be alright for her that we are staying here every now and then like the usual?” Hyung joon asked Youngsaeng.


“I don’t know. Why don’t you ask her yourself later when she arrives?” Youngsaeng answered and thought about what kind of girl would her be, he hope she wasn’t one of those messy girls.


“Noona what time will her plane arrive? Shall we fetch her?” Hyung joon continued to bug her.


“Her flight from Japan already arrived around 1pm this afternoon, she said something about going straight to the office when she arrived.” The housekeeper said after changing the curtains into new ones.


“Mal! Maybe you have seen her, it’s the same time as your flight.” Hyung joon said excitedly.


“Babo. How many flights from Japan are there that landed at 1pm?” Hyun joong smacked his head. 


Jungmin wasn’t listening to their conversation at all; he was busy staring at the picture on his phone of a girl sleeping.


“Sleeping princess I wonder when we’ll meet again. I should have asked your name.” He thought to himself.


Min Ah’s POV


“Lee go and take this cab first. Your cousin is waiting for you, I can wait for the next one.” I said to him and pushed him inside when he started to protest.


“Call me when you get home...”


“Aisshh! Get out of my sight.” I playfully said and closed the cab’s door.


“Hmm...How do I get home again? There’s no cab that is vacant.” I asked myself trying to remember my address, I was bad at directions if I’m not driving and not living in Seoul for the past 7 years was something.


I found a bus stop while walking a bit further while trying to wait for a cab. I stopped to read the map so that I would know where I was going.


“Ah! So I get on this bus and get off at this one.” I said to myself and rode the bus when it arrived and got down at the stop that I remember reading a while ago.


“Aiggoo. I’m lost.” I said and sat on a bench, hugging my legs since it was almost 6pm and the night was getting colder. The stop was definitely not closer to where I was staying.


Jungmin’s POV


“Why do I have to be the one to buy the groceries?” I complained as I was driving on my home after buying some groceries. 


We planned to make a welcome dinner for Youngsaeng’s new housemate that would be like our housemate since we’re planning to drop by frequently.


“Sleeping princess...” I whispered when I saw her seating on a bus stop bench and without knowing I stopped my car in front of her.


“Ei, Miss need a ride or some help?” I asked trying to get my attention.


“Wait! Miss I haven’t even—ask for your name yet.” I said the last few words to myself when she suddenly took off upon seeing me.


“Bwoh?!” I shouted over my hand phone when a call came in.


“Ya! Why are you yelling?...Kyu jong wanted to ask where you are so that we can start cooking.” I heard Hyung joon yell too but I just hanged up on him and drove again on my way back to Youngsaeng’s house.


End of POV


“That was scary.” Min told herself after she got on the cab.


She was sitting on a bench, looking like a lost child when a car stopped in front of her. The moment she recognized his face, she immediately thought, “It’s the ert in the airport” and ran away from him and got in the cab that she immediately saw and told the driver to take him to the east gate at 2nd district.


“Ei, so I was really close to my house already.” Min said when it only took her 10 minutes to reach her house.


“Kamsamnida.” The driver thanked her when she paid an extra amount as a tip.


“Should I say I’m home?” Min muttered to herself as she was standing on the gate of the house that was once her home during her high school years. But of course its structure has already changed since they reconstructed it 3 years ago.

user posted image


“Someone’s at the door.” Hyun joong said in a low voice as if a thief was at their door when he heard the pass code on the door being pressed.


“I’ll go and see.” Hyung joon ran over to the door and the rest who were also in the kitchen followed and ran after him.


“The ipod girl!” Youngsaeng said pointing to the girl standing at the entrance who was looking at Jungmin.


“ert guy?!” Min Ah said out loud the moment she saw him, while Jungmin was staring back in shock and amazement.


“Ipod girl?” Kyu jong asked.


“ert guy?” Hyung joon asked too.


“I’m hungry.” Hyun joong broke the silence and everyone cleared their throats and tried to compose him or herself again.