Chapter 33

One More Time

 


“Umma how long are you going to stay here?” Min Ah asked Youngsaeng’s mother.


“A week more or less. We are planning to go on a cruise by next month, so we decided to drop by.” She replied and gave her another box to open.


“Wow! Komawo Appa.” Youngsaeng thanked his father while eyeing the different accessories for his DSLR.


“Glad you like it. Open that other box, it’s another lens that you can use for sceneries you want to take but the distance is too far.” His father messed his hair a little and pointed to another box.


“Kyu jong darling, go and call the others. Tell them it’s time to eat. Jungmin dear go and set the table.” Grandma Sebin ordered the two boys who were busy bugging her while cooking.


After the two disappeared from her sight, she separated a bowl for Youngsaeng and Min Ah and added something special to it.


“Hyung! Time to eat.” Kyu jong popped his head inside his room before going upstairs to call the others.


“Appa it’s time to eat.” Youngsaeng called his dad who was in the bathroom, changing his clothes.


“Arasso. I’ll be out in a while, go and call your Umma.” He replied.


“Umma, Min Ah time to eat.” Youngsaeng walked causally into Min Ah’s room and pulled her up.


“Whoa! So plenty. Saranghae Halmeoni.” Hyung joon said and quickly took a seat.


“Drink the soup, that is good for you since you boys are always stressed.” Granma Sebin said while opening the pot of soup before placing two bowls in front of Youngsaeng and Min Ah.


“What’s this Halmeoni?” Min Ah asked since their soup was different.


“I added some herbs that is good for your asthma. I made a lot so I gave some to Youngsaeng.” She said with a smile. Glad that no one seemed to be suspicious, except for Youngsaeng’s parents who knows what she is up to.


“Aigooo bitter.” Min Ah complained after taking a sip.


“Really?” Youngsaeng asked, his bowl almost empty.


“Here.” Min Ah switched their bowls when no one was looking so Youngsaeng had no choice but to drink hers too.


---


“Ya! Play happily while you are there, you have a week free before the opening of the hotel.” Si Yun reminded her as he was lazing around on her bed while she checked her luggage.


“You’re really enjoying torturing me don’t you?” Xin eyed him and closed her luggage.


“Maybe. Hey! At least I will be missing you.” He jokingly replied.


“You better. Now let’s go and play at the park.” Xin dragged him off her bed as they went to the park that they always play with since they were kids.


---


“Bwoh?” Hyung joon exclaimed loudly.


“Ya! She was not talking to you.” Jungmin smacked his head.


“Why can’t I sleep in my own room?” Youngsaeng asked his mother.


“Don’t be shy now. It’s raining see?” She hushed his and Min Ah’s protest.


“There might be thunder later, and Min Ah is very afraid of it.” Grandma Sebin joined in.


“Just give in son, these two are a good pair for their stubbornness.” His father said while sipping some tea.


“Arasso. Arasso.” Youngsaeng gave in. He didn’t want to argue anymore since he was sleepy and tired from playing.


---


“Baby come and sleep now.” Youngsaeng called Min Ah when she was still busy playing some games on her laptop.


“Arasso. Arasso.” She complied and turned it off before going to bed.


“Kwenchana?” Min Ah asked him.


“Hmm? De. Mianhe my mom can be mischievous at times.” He said while pulling her into his arms.


“Anni. Halmeoni is the same.” Min Ah chuckled and rested her head on his chest, yawning.


“What are you doing?” Youngsaeng asked sleepily.


“Playing.” Min Ah replied while she continued to poke his stomach.


“Sleep now. Play tomorrow.” Youngsaeng covered her eyes with his hand.


“What’s this?” Min Ah asked. Referring to his hand.


“Make shift eye cover.” He replied with a smile.


“Arasso. Arasso. I’ll sleep.” Min Ah gave in and snuggled more closely to him before falling asleep.


“She sure falls asleep fast.” Youngsaeng said to himself when he felt her breathing turned into a slow rhythm. 


---


“Do you think our plan will work?” Youngsaeng’s mother asked Grandma Sebin. They were in her room drinking some tea.


“There’s no harm in trying right?” She replied with a big smile.


“It would be good if they get married soon.” 


---


“Aisshh...” Youngsaeng whined in a low voice while slowly swallowing. For some reason he was feeling uncomfortable, and with Min Ah snuggled close to him was not helping at all.


“Youngsaeng ah calm down...” he reminded himself silently as he was starting to perspire more with every small movements that Min Ah was making.


“Stop being a ert...” He scolded himself as he slowly rolled Min Ah off him so that he could stand up. 


He gave out a heavy sigh and quietly went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He was standing in front of the refrigerator, fanning himself as he drank some water.


“Tonight sure will be hell.” He said to himself.


---


“Ya! Why are you so late?” Jungmin shouted when he notice Xin coming out of the arrival area of the airport.


“Ssh! Do you want us to get discovered?” Kyu jong covered his mouth while Hyung joon was looking around if someone recognized them.


“What’s your problem? My luggage came out late.” Xin smacked Jungmin’s head and went to hug the others especially Min Ah.


“Kaja!” Xin happily said and marched forward with Min Ah, leaving the guys chuckling because Jungmin was being ignored. Well of course she has no idea about Jungmin’s feelings, but the guys found it amusing.


“Umma! Appa! Halmeoni!” Xin greeted the three as they entered the restaurant where they were to eat some late lunch.


“Omo! Why aren’t you a beauty ne?” Grandma Sebin told her as she hugged her back.


“Halmeoni since when did you got close than us?” Jungmin whined and hugged Grandma Sebin.


“If you boys were home more often last month then you would know why.” She replied and pulled Xin and Min Ah to seat with her.


“Mal don’t be jealous. Xin was home most of the time right? She was always the one who gets to answer my parents and Halmeoni’s calls.” Youngsaeng patted his shoulder and went to squeeze himself between his mother and Min Ah.


“It’s the first day you meet you again but you’re fighting already.” Hyun joong shook his head and took his seat.


“Xin ah, I prepared your room already. Our gifts for you are there too.” Youngsaeng’s father told her.


“Bwoh? But I was supposed to stay at our hotel.” Xin said.


“Anni. I talked to Si Yun an hour ago, you’ll only be staying at the house while Halmeoni are still here.” Min Ah explained to her.


“Ah...arasso. Komawo.” She bowed down politely.


“Kaja. Let’s eat.” Hyung joong invited and everyone agreed.


“Min Ah, is there something wrong with these two? Why are they fighting always?” Grandma Sebin whispered to Min Ah when Jungmin and Xin was fighting while eating.


“Jungmin likes Xin, Xin likes Jungmin, but they don’t know about each other’s feelings.” Min Ah whispered back.


“Ah...” Grandma Sebin nodded.


“You should try to pair them up rather than Saeng and I.” Min Ah hinted her while she nodded. Formulating a plan in her head.


“When is your next free schedule?” Grandma Sebin asked the boys.


“We are free tomorrow since we will be only doing a pre-recording later.” Kyu jong answered politely.


“How about you Xin?” She asked her.


“This whole week Halmeoni.” Xin replied.


“Min Ah?” Grandma Sebin looked at her.


“I’m still on leave. Waeyo?” Min Ah asked while trying to shake Youngsaeng who was falling asleep while eating.


“Hyung! Why are you too sleepy?” Jungmin asked him.


“Nothing. Just had a hard time falling asleep last night.” Youngsaeng said and lowered his head to conceal the blush that was spreading throughout his cheeks. 


“Let’s all go camping tomorrow.” Grandma Sebin said making all eyes turn to her. She just smiled and winked at Youngsaeng’s parents.


“Here we go again...” Youngsaeng’s father said on a low voice and took out his book to write down what she would most likely be up to like what he always do even before they got back in Seoul.


~~~