Chapter 16

One More Time

 

Kyu Jong’s POV


I was just listening to Jungmin and that Soo Rin talking, not wanting to interrupt their conversation.


“I’m pregnant with your child oppa.”


“How is that even possible?”


“Something happened between us after we went drinking at the bar when we were in Japan and you know it.”


“That’s not a funny joke Soo Rin. Nothing happened between us.”


“Do you think I’m joking oppa? You think nothing happened between us when you woke up in an unfamiliar hotel room without any clothes on?” I had enough.


“What exactly do you want? How much do you need to just get off Jungmin’s back? I just saw you after two years but I’m getting sick of your face.” I said standing up. Good thing we were in a private room of the restaurant so no one can see or hear us.


“Kyu jong.” I heard Jungmin call my name and hold on to my hand. I let out a breath and sat down again.


“I’m not asking for marriage...yet. I’m just letting Jungmin oppa know that he should take responsibility. Or else...” Soo Rin said with a smile. We never did figure out two years ago why we approved of Jungmin dating her.


“Or else what?” I heard Jungmin say.


“You know that I’m with a famous actor right? Can you imagine how the media would react when they found out that SS501’s member Park Jungmin got this actor’s girlfriend pregnant?” I wanted to snatch her arm and yank her but I could still feel Jungmin’s hand holding me down.


“Mianhe but I love someone else. There is no way that I would consent to something like this.” I heard Jungmin say.


“Kaja.” I felt Jungmin tugged on my shirt as he stood up and left.


“Think it over oppa.” I heard Soo Rin say as I followed Jungmin.


The ride to Jungmin’s art studio was quiet so I decided to break the silence when we entered the studio.


“Jungmin ah...mianhe, I didn’t mean to lose my temper back then.” I apologized. I myself was shock at my outburst.


“Anni. I was grateful for that, now I know that you are still a human being who gets mad like everybody else. What exactly made you angry anyway?” I heard him give out a smile but I knew it was forced.


“I don’t know too.” I lied. There was no way I’m telling him that I got mad because of the possibility that Min Ah would get hurt if she finds out. Since I was aware that Min Ah has some feelings for him, though she might not know it yet.


“Do you want to stay here or are you heading back to Youngsaeng’s house?” I heard him ask. We were all bugging Youngsaeng tonight since manager was busy somewhere and not around to drag us out of his house.


“I think I should leave you alone first. Call me if you need anything arajji?” I told him as I set a glass of water near him. He was sitting on his painting stool near the window.


“Arajji.” I nodded at his reply and left.


End of POV


“Aigoo. I’ll be there by late afternoon but I don’t think you should fetch me.” Min Ah was talking to Hyung joon and Kyu jong over her hand phone while waiting for Joelle, and the two troublemakers to arrive at the restaurant they agreed to eat lunch.


“Remember to check your bags in case you forgot something and call us before you board the plane and when you already landed here.” Kyu jong was reminding her.


“Arasso. Don’t worry I already called Lee to pick me up. Is everything all right there?” Min Ah asked.


“Kwenchana we know that stuffs like this happens. I know you’re still confused why we asked you to be careful on your way back, we’ll explain it to you once we you get back here. Everyone will gather here at your house.” Kyu jong answered her and they bid their farewell afterwards when Joelle arrived together with Riza and Gabriella.


---


“Min Ah a friend of mine will be arriving in Seoul after two days to bring you the pictures and information that you would need.” Joelle said to her as they were on their way to the airport.


“Gomen’nasai I want to take the project but Lee said our workers are currently fully loaded so I can only take the job of designing it.” Min Ah apologized while smacking the hands of Riza and Gabriella who was busy pushing all the buttons they see inside the car.


“It’s okay, your design is what I am asking for the construction was just a plus.” Joelle smiled and Min Ah could tell she was up to something.


“Oi, don’t give the workers that you would hire a hell time in trying to duplicate exactly what I am going to design.” Min Ah chuckled when she hit the bulls eye judging from Joelle’s reaction.


“Cool!” Riza and Gabriella high five when the rooftop of the car opened after they hit a few buttons.


“Aisshh now I know why Krystel is getting a headache from taking care of you two.” Min Ah slumped on her seat letting Joelle handle the two, military style.


---


“Min Ah!!” Lee rushed towards her and hugged her tightly.


“Aiggoo miss me that much?” Min Ah laughed at his reaction.


“Ya! Since when did we get separated for over two nights?” Lee asked her and Min Ah gave up thinking when since she couldn’t recall a single time they were apart for that long.


“Oh! Hold on.” Min Ah said when her phone rang while Lee was carrying her luggage and literally tossing it inside the car’s compartment.


“Arasso. Where?” Min Ah asked and hang up the phone before climbing in the front seat beside Lee who was driving.


“Lee can you go with me for a few minutes first?” Min Ah told him as she relayed to him the call she just got and the location wherein they were meeting the caller.


Lee’s POV


“Min?” I called her since she was staring at nothing at a far distance.


It has been 30 minutes since we were sitting inside my car after we met with that woman and my best friend was in her own world.


Flashback


“You’re Soo Rin?” Min Ah asked a woman who approached us just a few minutes after we arrived at a certain coffee shop.


“De. I’m glad that you agreed to meet with me.”


“What would you like to order?”


“No need, I’ll be quick.”


“Say it. What is so important that you asked me to come here despite the fact that we don’t know each other?”


“Stay away from Jungmin oppa.”


“Bwoh?”


“I’m carrying his child, surely of all people you know how important a family is to a child.”


“Why are you telling me this?”


“Because I know that you are the reason why he is refusing to take responsibility of this baby.”


“How sure is he that...that...”


“That this baby is his? We can have it tested, I’m not afraid.”


“Mianhe but this is too sudden.”


“Get over it. Stay away from oppa, please for our baby.”


“And if she don’t?” I interrupted.


“Things will get more worse than they are now.” 


“You were the one who spread that rumor to the media.”


“De and you don’t know what I am capable of doing next.”


“Get a life!” I yelled at her and splashed my glass of water on her face before dragging Min Ah with me towards the car as I drove to a place near her house.


End of Flashback



“Min?” I called again but this time I shrugged her shoulders.


“Lee...” She finally cried.


“Cry it out girl, cry it out.” I said to her as I held her in my arms like how we used to since College. She cried and cried, muttering something about being it too late and why she couldn’t understand the feeling she has right now but all she knows is that she is hurting.


~~~~ sweatingbullets.gif