Chapter 18

One More Time

 

 

“Jungmin ah not tonight.” Kyu jong who was leaning on his own doorframe called to Jungmin who was walking towards Min Ah’s room.


“Kyu jong ah I just want to talk to her.” Jungmin said sadly.


“I know you’re hurting too but a lot has happened today. Give it a rest first, both of you need your strength for the private interview tomorrow.” Kyu jong walked towards him and patted his shoulder.


“Kyu, is my love going down like this?”


“No one knows Jungmin ah but at the moment you know that the two of you can’t be together, you’ll only inflict more pain for the two of you.”


---


It was 4 in the afternoon and after the news was released that morning 3 selected reporters were given the permission for a private interview.


“Wow! So your love story started in this house.” One of the three reporters said. 


“So your parents were best friends and decided to built a house for both families but you two never knew each other until a month ago, how come?” Another reporter asked Youngsaeng and Min Ah. They were all at the living room together with the other four members and their manager and some staff.


“When my parents would go out with them I always made some excused not to tag along but I have been hearing stories about Saeng.” Min Ah replied.


“The same goes for me. I always opt not to go to their meet ups since all I wanted to do back then was play music.” Youngsaeng added in, holding her hand tightly since he was sensing that she was getting more nervous.


“It was mentioned that all members of SS501 is living at this house too, can you elaborate on that?” a reported asked Min Ah.


“Due to their studio being renovated Kyu jong, Hyun joong, Jungmin and Hyung joon had to move in since this house has a dance studio upstairs.” Min Ah replied while Youngsaeng supplemented the additional details.


“De. It was convenient for them to move in since Min Ah offered to let us use the dance studio. And we all got along great so the living arrangement didn’t change at all.”


“Ne, we even have a family. Jungmin is appa, Youngsaeng hyung is umma, and the four of us are the children.” Hyung joon cutely butted in.


Everyone was just in the sidelines commenting every now and then while Jungmin was trying his best to show his usual side to the public, his jolly laughing side.


“What do you mean four, appa and umma only has three children, you’re just a pet.” Jungmin commented making the reporters laugh and the mood to lighten up even more.


“Would you mind telling us about your love story, Youngsaeng-sshi what did you like about her?” the first reporter asked him. 


“She’s like a child but also like a woman...” He answered.


“Ei, who’s a child?” Kyu jong butted in showing his usual protectiveness over her.


“That’s because she is energetic like a child but she is very attractive like a woman.” Youngsaeng said while glancing at Min Ah.


“Min-sshi what did you like about Youngsaeng?” the same reporter asked her.


“Uh—I don’t know what I like about him. He is always scolding me but he really knows how to take care of me, like a personal lifeguard.” Min Ah replied making Youngsaeng cough at her first sentence then smile at the last two words.


Min Ah’s POV


I was glad when the interview finally ended since it seemed to last forever.


“De. Please write it well.” I heard the guys’ manager tell the reporters as they started to leave.


“Please help us keep all the private details about Min Ah, she is not a public figure so she isn’t used to this, and I don’t want people to intrude her privacy either.” I heard Youngsaeng request the reporter.


“De. You can count on us.” I heard the reporters say but I didn’t hear it all since I already went to my room to check my hand phone. I left work early today so there might be problems that Lee can’t handle.


“Aigoo...” I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed. Feeling drained from all the things that were happening since yesterday.


“Kwenchana?” I was startled to see Jungmin standing in front of me.


“How?—“


“I followed you because you seem to be unwell.” He answered before I could even ask him my question.


“I’m okay, just a little tired.” I answered averting his eyes.


“Stop doing that, it hurts.” 


“Stop what?”


“Avoiding me.”


“Jungmin ah—“


“I love you.”


“This isn’t the time for this.”


“I know but I am hoping that you still won’t close your heart for me.”


“Like I told you before I left, I am still not sure about my feelings for you, and right now with the situation, I am totally confused –“ I couldn’t finish my sentence when he suddenly pulled my arm as I felt his lips touch mine.


“I am carrying his son...”


“Wait –“ I pushed him back by putting strecthing both of my hands on his chest.


“You have a woman that is carrying your son. You need to focus on them.” I said trying to sound firm.


“I would take responsibility if he is my son, but I can never love that woman. Please don’t close your door for me.” 


“Mianhe. I don’t think I can. I don’t know. Can we set aside this issue between us until this whole mess is cleared up?” I told him as I heard him give out a deep sigh.


“Arajji. For now I will hold back.” 


“Komawo.” I said and slumped back to my bed when he exited my room.


“Min Ah fighting! You’ve been to more hardships than this.” I said to silently as I close my eyes to find some peace for myself even for just a few minutes.


End of POV


“You have a son and a woman that you need to focus on.” Youngsaeng was about to knock on Min Ah’s door when he heard Jungmin and her voice talking.


“I would take responsibility if he is my son, but I can never love that woman. Please don’t close your door for me.” 


“Mianhe. I don’t think I can. I don’t know. Can we set aside that issue between us until this whole mess is cleared up?” He walked away, thinking that they need some time to at least have a mutual agreement.


“Youngsaeng hyung your mom is on the phone seems like you forgot to check your hand phone.” Kyu jong passed him the wireless phone and went to their manager when he called for him and Hyun joong.


“Make sure to avoid trouble while I’m gone. I’ll be doing some things to make up for the damage of that rumor. And tell me immediately if that girl Soo Rin is up to something again.” Their manager told the two boys.


“De.” Hyun joong answered.


“Kyu jong help your hyung arasso?”


“Arasso hyung.” Kyu jong answered and sent him off.


---


“Oppa! You better be here quick with my foie grass.” Everyone could hear Soo Rin yell on the phone while all of them were having lunch at Min Ah’s office.


“Aisshh this girl is driving me nuts.” Jungmin cursed and left to get whatever food Soo Rin was asking.


Two days had past since the interview and everyone was slowly going back to their usual routines with the slight change of arrangements. One, was the public knows that Min Ah was Youngsaeng’s girlfriend and two is that Jungmin had been trying his best to please Soo Rin while they were figuring out what to do with her.


“Eat more, you’re eating less and less these past days.” Youngsaeng opened a box of pasta and placed it in front of Min Ah while taking her laptop in the process and handing it to Lee.


“It’s only been two days but you two are looking like a real couple.” Lee said in a low voice so that only their group would hear.


“Ya! Have you forgotten how great my acting skills are?” Min Ah playfully yelled at Lee making the others laugh.


For her it was awkward to be seen with Youngsaeng as his girlfriend but the way Youngsaeng handles the situation made it comfortable for the both of them. It was like finding a new friend.


“Arasso. Arasso. You’re a great actress now eat.” Kyu jong said and handed her a drink while Hyung joon just got back from giving the snacks that they brought for the staff of her office.


“Poor Mal, he’s being manipulated by that brat and he can’t do something about it.” Hyun joong said.


“Well that’s only for a while right?” Lee said. The guys have been accustomed to his preference now a days but there were times when they would be alarmed when he would suddenly flirt.


“Are you seriously investigating on her?” Hyung joon asked him.


“But of course. No one gets away from my grasp when I marked them as my enemy.” Lee said and made a clawing action and Hyun joong choked on his food when Lee winked at him.


“Ya! Little kitty! Make sure to fetch Joelle’s friend that would be arriving at the airport.” Min Ah reminded him.


---


“Si Yun oppa!” Haien barged into the construction site, startling his cousin in the process.


“Bwoh? Aren’t you suppose to be at the plane to Singapore right now?” Si Yun replied taking off his hard hat and pulling his cousin out of the hazard site.


“How can I leave when I just saw Unnie while I was checking in!” Haien exclaimed.


“You saw my twin sister? Here at the airport? Where is she now?” he excitedly asked.


“I couldn’t follow since the one who she was with drove like crazy. But she is here in Seoul!” Haien said happily. Thinking that their days of searching were almost over.


---


“Uh...Lee right? Are we in a hurry to see your boss or something?” Joelle’s friend, a girl with dark brown eyes and long hair, around 5’8” in height wearing a black skinny jeans and a white rugged dressed shirt asked him.


“Not really, mianhe but I have to drop you at the office and leave. I just got some emergency that I need to attend too.” Lee answered. He was speeding up because he got a call from his cousin who called distressed due to some boy problems.


“I’m really sorry about this.” Lee said while she got down when he stopped in front of their office.


“Anni. Kamsamnida.” She replied and walked towards the lobby.


“Uh who are you looking for?” Meggie the general assistant of the Daisy’s firm asked her.


“Oh! Mianhe. I’m Xin, I have an appointment with your president.” She answered politely.


“You’re Ms. Joelle’s friend Xin Lin? This way please, our president is waiting for your arrival.” Meggie led the way to Min Ah’s office.



~~~Teaser for the next chapter

"They got into an accident."

---

"Ya! Relax! Panicking like that won't help you find them."

---

"We have to find her, it's raining."

"She could have found some shelter by now."

"She's afraid of thunder!"


~~~