Chapter 39

One More Time

 



“Xin ah that’s too heavy. Wait here I’ll ask the boys to help you carry those.” Youngsaeng’s mother said and asked her husband to ask for help.


“Jungmin-sshi can you help me for a while please?” Youngsaeng’s father called for him.


“De!” Jungmin answered and walked towards him.


“Ei, why are you not calling for me?” Youngsaeng turned and asked him.


“Go and take care of Min Ah.” He replied and Youngsaeng just shrugged and continued to bury his head on her shoulder.


“What can I help with?” Jungmin politely asked.


“Xin ah is in the basement where the firewood is, she can’t carry it alone.” He replied and Jungmin obediently went inside the basement. Not noticing that Grandma Sebin quietly locked the door once he was inside.


“Ei, that’s weird. Wait a second children, I’ll go look for the key, seems like the door got stuck or lock or something.” Youngsaeng’s mother said while Grandma Sebin was happily twirling the keys on her pointing finger.


---


“What’s taking them so long?” Hyung joon asked his hyungs.


“Let the love birds take their time. It’s an hour away from dinner anyway.” Kyu jong said with a knowing smile as he kept the group busy so that they won’t go down.


---


“Why can’t you take me seriously?” Jungmin was pouting in front of Xin sitting on the stock of wood he was holding earlier.


“Why should I take you seriously?” Xin asked then looked away. She couldn’t last looking straight into his eyes since it makes her heart flatter so much.


“Shall I give my life to you then?” Jungmin whispered near her ears as he stood up and stepped too close to her.


“Babo.”


“Yes I am. Cause I fell in love with a girl who won’t take my genuine feelings.”


“Mal...”


“I won’t stop Xin.”


“You know why I can’t believe you.”


“Min Ah? Yes I WAS in love with her, but that changed.”


“Love can’t be forgotten easily and that quickly.”


“Yes it did. Because you were there, without realizing it you became a part of my life, a part of me. For one more time, I was able to open myself to love someone other than myself.” Jungmin said and pulled her into an embrace.


“I’m confused.” Xin replied. Too shocked in the current words Jungmin had just spoken as she stood inside his warm embrace. Not moving a single muscle as if afraid that it was all a dream.


“I’ll wait. I can. I will. I would.” Jungmin messed her hair and picked up the wood he sat on a while ago and pulled her with him.


“Where are we going?” Xin said still in a daze.


“To build a camp fire. Wae? You want to stay here longer?” Jungmin .


“As if!” Xin said and walked past him and knocked loudly at the door.


“Tch! One step at a time Park charisma...One step at a time.” He reminded himself as he saw her open the door when he heard a click.


---


“Ya! What are you doing?” Youngsaeng chuckled when Min Ah was making weird faces and capturing it on his phone.


“Playing.” She replied and this time took a picture of Lee and Hyun joong playing against each other with Kyu jong and Hyung joon being the unfair referees.


“I want to play too. Like this morning.” Youngsaeng winked at her and she hid her red face on his lap at the memory of them making out after eating.


“I was just teasing. Ya!” Youngsaeng nudge her then chuckled when she won’t show her face.


“Whose phone is this? It’s been ringing for a while.” Youngsaeng’s mother asked the group as she showed a red phone.


“That’s Xin’s.” Min Ah answered and took it to see who was calling.


“Yeobuseyo?” she answered when she saw it was Si Yun.


“Bwoh??! Arasso.” She hanged up and looked at the eyes glued on her.


“Si Yun is at the gate already. He said it was an emergency and that all of us must stay together in a group. Their uncle escaped and they think he is here.” She explained.


“Omo! I asked Jungmin and Xin to go down the beach to start the bon fire.” Grandma Sebin exclaimed.


“Halmeoni do you know where the matches are?” Jungmin entered the house and he stopped when everyone stared at him.


“Wae?” He asked.


“Where’s Xin?” Kyu jong asked.


“I left her at the beach since I have to come here to get some matches waeyo?” Jungmin asked in confusion.


“Where exactly at the beach?” They turned around to see Si Yun walking towards them.


“At the beach. WAE?” Jungmin was now frustrated since no one was answering his question. Then he froze when Hyun joong explained briefly.


“Why did you tell me now?!” Jungmin ran off and headed down the beach. The others wanted to follow him but Si Yun stopped him.


“Wait. I’ll go after them. Stay here. The police are on their way. Lock all the doors and stay here at the living room.” Si Yun commanded and by the seriousness in his face they obeyed even though they felt didn’t felt like it.


---


“Damn! Xin ah! Where are you?! Answer me!” Jungmin panicked when she wasn’t where he left her.


“Jungmin-sshi where is she?” Si Yun was right behind him.


“I don’t know. She was supposed to wait here.” Jungmin said in panic.


“Relax. Go and look that way, I’ll go look this way.” Si Yun pointed to his left then to his right.


“Arasso. Call me if you found her.” Jungmin said and ran towards the opposite direction.


Si Yun waited until Jungmin was far before heading towards his own direction. He purposely sent him away, because if his gut feeling was right, Xin was near and more likely he had her.


“I know you’re there.” Si Yun said and he turned quickly when a shadow moved from behind the rocks and he clenched his fist when he saw the figure drag along a body tied up along with him.


“Well...well...isn’t it the super twin...” Their uncle chuckled and pulled out the gun that he was pointing at Xin’s back. was gagged.


“Turn yourself in and I won’t press any charges for this.” Si Yun tried to reason with him.


“Surrender? I’ll kill you both before I do that.” He smirked and shoved Min Ah into a boat making her land on her side as she moaned in pain.


“What are your conditions? Surely you want something than killing us both.” Si Yun asked trying to figure out how to untangle the mess of their situation right now. He was about to loose his patience when he heard his twin being hurt.


“And why would I tell you?” He said with one gun pointing at Min Ah.


“Then I’ll kill you first.” Si Yun said and kick some sand into his eyes and tried to take the gun away from him.


“Fool! You think you can defeat me like that? Me? The master who taught you all you know in martial arts?” Yi said in a loud voice after kicking Si Yun. Making him land a few feet away.


“I will.” Si Yun replied and stood up.


“Well then, who ever wins get the prize.” Yi said and kick the boat sending it away from the shoreline, letting the strong waves take the boat with Xin on sway it away.


“Xin!” he yelled but he had to jump backwards to avoid the fist that came towards him.


“She can’t swim right? That boat would probably hold for only 10 minutes or so before it sinks. You have 10 minutes to win over me boy.” Yi said arrogantly as he waved the gun in his hand.


“Damn!” Si Yun cursed when he was the silencer in his uncle’s hand. He shot a hole in the boat!


---


Jungmin was in panic when he couldn’t find Xin so he opted to go back to the bon fire to see if she was back but he got surprised when he saw a man shot Si Yun after giving him a strong punch.


“Si Yun!” he yelled and kicked off the gun from the man’s hand.


“Jungmin what the hell are you doing here?” Si Yun scolded him as he stood up with Jungmin’s help, one hand holding his stomach to stop the bleeding.


“Xin...go help Xin.” He said weakly then as he pointed towards the boat that was too far in the deep sea. It was dark but all Jungmin could make out was her shadow.


“Not so fast.” Jungmin cringed in pain when he felt a feet connect to his stomach when he tried to go in the water.


---


“Andwae! Andwae!” Xin yelled in her mind, as all she can do was see her twin get shot and now Jungmin was there too.


She tried not to move too much as the more movement she made the faster was the water coming in which was half full already.


“Please. Somebody save them. I’ll give my life up, just let them be safe.” She prayed silently while she was still attempting to untie the ropes binding her. It was difficulty when you have to make small movements, and the level of the knot was not easy as expected from the man who taught them how to fight.


---


“They are not yet back.” Grandma Sebin was pacing worriedly.


“Halmeoni I’m sure they are fine. The police will be here soon right?” Kyu jong tried to calm her down while Youngsaeng’s parents tried to calm Hyun joong and Lee who wanted to go out.


“Saeng...” Min Ah worriedly looked at him.


“Sshh...They will be all right. Stop worrying, you’re not well yet.” Youngsaeng embraced her in an attempt to calm down her nerves despite the tense atmosphere.


---


“Now!” Si Yun yelled and Jungmin made a run for it towards the water as Si Yun lunged towards his uncle with the remaining strength he has.


“Dang! I can’t see the boat.” Jungmin cursed silently as he swam towards the direction he saw the boat was on a while ago.
“Let them be safe. Please.” Xin silently cried out as she tried to break free of the ropes as she sunk deeper into the water. Trying to save her air.


*Bang!*

Jungmin stopped swimming and looked back when he heard a gun shot. He wanted to cry when he saw two bodies slumped together on the ground, no one moved.


“Xin! Where are you?” Jungmin yelled mentally as he felt the edge of the boat hit his feet. But he couldn’t find her underwater; it was too dark to see.


“Xin! Give me a sign please!” Jungmin yelled this time not caring anymore. He was beginning to feel scared. He didn’t want to loose her; he couldn’t take loosing someone again.


---


“Si Yun!” Min Ah shouted when they arrived with the police at the beach. An officer shot Yi from a far but they got shocked when Si Yun slumped down on the ground too.


“Is that Jungmin?” Hyung joon said and pointed towards a figure shouting and diving under the water.


“Omo! Somebody get him please.” Lee asked the officers.


“Ms. Han is not here.” A Japanese officer said as he searched the parameters while their emergency team was aiding Si Yun’s injuries.


“That means...” Hyun joong stared widely at the water.


“Xin is in there.” Kyu jong finished for him. He was glad that Grandma Sebin and Youngsaeng’s parents were not with them right now as the officers insisted.


---


Xin slowly fell into unconsciousness as she opened and tried to mouth the words “please live.”


Her vision darkened as the ropes clung to her obstructing any movement she could possibly take to try and get some air. As the last breath of air escaped her lips her eyes closed as her unconscious body sank deeper every second.


Jungmin was trying to hold his tears as he frantically searched for her in the black night. It was the very first time that he felt scared of the darkness. His eyes moved instantly when he saw a pile of bubbles popped and as if a string of hope was handed to him he took a deep breath and dove under again into the dark cold water.


“Please let me find her. Let me show my love to her. One more time. Please let me fall deeper for her. Let me find her.” He silently prayed as he strained to conserve his breath as he swam deeper.


---


“Can someone accompany one of our men into sending Mr. Si Yun and Mr. Yi to the hospital?” An officer asked the group.


“I’ll go.” Lee volunteered and Hyung joon went with him.


“Jungmin found her!” Hyun joong exclaimed when he saw Jungmin surface with Xin in his arms as other officers were swimming towards them too to help.


Everything was a blur after then. Youngsaeng could just try to be brave and support Jungmin and try to lessen Min Ah’s worries. 


For Jungmin all he could comprehend was the feeling of someone taking Xin away from his arms as officers went who was in the water helped him take her to shore. 


The next thing he knew he was silently looking at the paramedics cut off the rope and gagged in as they tried to force air inside her lungs. He felt a towel and arms wrapped around him but his eyes were following the stretcher carrying Xin towards the waiting ambulance.


“No...Don’t take her! Give her back!” Jungmin cried suddenly and attempted to follow the ambulance.


“Jungmin kwenchana. They’re only taking her to the hospital.” Min Ah tried to calm him down as Kyu jong and Youngsaeng was restraining him.


“It’s over Jungmin. Everything will be all right. It’s all going to be all right.” Hyun joong said to him, more like a prayer.



~~~long update to hold you up before my next... ^^