Chapter 24

One More Time

 

 

“Aaahhh! Girl can’t you get me a picture with Hyun joong next time?” Lee was drooling over his picture with Kyu jong. Though both of them was lacking some needed sleep, they still went to work after eating breakfast.


“Work.” Min Ah hit his head with the roll of blueprints she was holding and went to table to continue working on the model she was building. 


“Meanie.” Lee said and continued to drool over Kyu jong’s image.


“Addict. .” Min Ah replied with a smile.


“Ya! Who’s a ?” Lee said and went to run after her.


“Wae?” Min Ah was laughing and their staff was just watching them with amusement as their boss was running like a kid around outside their office. Running from one cubicle to another.


---


“So why did you ask me to meet you up?” Soo Rin said with one eyebrow arching up. 


“Like I told you, I have some business with you in relation to Jungmin.” Xin said, not affected by her.


“Can you please hurry up? I still have to go to the spa.” She said and Xin just smiled at her.


“Get out of Jungmin’s life.” Xin said strongly. Wanting to scare her off.


“Bwoh?!” Soo Rin exclaimed, anger starting to flare.


“I’m giving you a chance to walk away silently.” Xin told her when Soo Rin attempted to stand up.


“Why would I do that?” Soo Rin said gathering her things, about ready to leave.


“Because that child is not Jungmin’s. You tricked him and I have all the evidence I need.” Xin said, stressing on the word ‘evidence’ as she calmly crossed her legs and sipped her tea.


“This is Jungmin’s child. This is oppa’s child.” Soo Rin said trying to convince her, suddenly feeling nervous. Xin gave out a heavy sigh before speaking.


“I gave you the chance but you won’t take it.” Xin took a tape and some pictures from her bag and slapped it on the table.


“How could you intrude into my privacy like that?! These are confidential files!” Soo Rin said as she saw the ultrasound of the baby, some pictures of her at a bar in Japan and a tape.


“I didn’t intrude. The father of that baby took it so it was legal. As for the bar, I own that place and the hotel you took him too.” Xin said and at the word father a Japanese guy approached them.


“How...aren’t you suppose to be in New York filming?” Soo Rin stammered at the sight of her boyfriend who was a famous Japanese actor.


“Ms. Yan contacted me a week before. Informing me of your new hobby while I was gone.” He said as he took a seat in their private room of a certain Korean restaurant.


“I was there at the bar that night, that’s why you seemed familiar the moment I saw you when we met a few weeks ago. You asked Kimmy, the bartender to put some sleeping drugs on a drink but she won’t do it, so you did it yourself.” Xin started and Soo Rin was shaking her head in attempt to reassure her fiancé that it was just a lie.


“I didn’t care back then because it was not my business but the situation right now is different. So I had my men investigate what really happened that night and it turns out that NOTHING happened. I saw it all. You. Framed. Him.” Xin continued.


“That’s a lie. Fujiki don’t listen to her. I didn’t do anything.” Soo Rin interrupted her.


“Be quiet!” Fujiki silenced her.


“You attempted to seduce him but he was too passed out to cooperate, so you took off all his clothes, sprayed some of your perfume in his clothes and left your undergarments in an attempt to make it look like something happened. Everything is captured in this tape that my men retrieved for me.” Xin said and stood up.


“I’ll give you a day to say goodbye and pack your things. Or else we’ll sue you. You can have that if you want, I have the original copy with me.” She told Soo Rin then faced Soo Rin’s fiancé.


“I’ll leave things to you as we promised. Thank you for helping me. I’ll see you around Fujiki Naohito-san.” Xin bowed to him as he returned it then faced Soo Rin with angry eyes.


“One down, one more to go.” Xin said to herself as she went out of the private room that she had requested from the restaurant’s owner.


---


“Si Yun oppa what is really going on?” Haien was whining on the phone. She was back in Singapore.


“I’ll tell you soon. But do me a favor and try to avoid going to our company in Japan for now. Don’t worry about he knows the situation already.” Si Yun told her, referring to her father the Prime Minister and ended the call a few moments later.


“Xin I hope your plan works. If anything happens to you, even if it means being imprisoned, I’ll kill Uncle Yi.” He said to himself as he walked towards his window, eyeing the busy streets of Seoul.


---


“Good work kids. You’re comeback was a success. Only preparations are left for your upcoming Asia tour but that would be a month or two from now more or less.” Their manager told them as the y got off the stage after their last performance that day.


“Really?” Hyung joon beamed at the mention of the words Asian tour.


“Ei, where’s Youngsaeng?” their manager looked around the dressing room.


“He already left hyung.” Kyu jong replied while putting on his jacket.


“Are their acting turning into a real one?” their manager said out loud and the two HJ froze and nervously glanced at Jungmin who was busy drying his hair with a blower.


“Aiggoo that was close.” Hyun joong clasped his heart when they realized Jungmin hadn’t heard it since there was no reaction coming from him. Well that’s what they thought anyway.


---


“Ahjumma can I have the usual?” Youngsaeng said to the owner of the bakery shop that he always goes to for two months now.


“Arasso. My, your girlfriend sure likes to eat cakes doesn’t she?” the owner said as she went to prepare their specialty that day along with some drinks that she recommends.


“That’s because you never failed to give us something tasty.” Youngsaeng replied with a smile. Referring to the different cakes and sweets she recommends every time he comes in. Not one cake was similar to before.


“Aiggooo such sweet swords. Here you go.” She smiled back and gave him his order and change.


“Kamsamnida. Bye.” He waved at her and went back to his car and drove to Min Ah’s workplace, which were just a few blocks away.


“Oh! Looks like it’s going to rain.” Youngsaeng said as he went down of his car and headed towards the firm’s lobby.


“Annyeong Youngsaeng oppa.” Meggie greeted him as he went inside.


“Annyeong. Here are for you and your officemates.” Youngsaeng greeted back the general assistant of Min Ah and Lee. They were already close with the entire staff of the office since they were often there to visit.


“Kamsamnida.” Meggie took the box and bag of drinks and bowed a little to show her gratitude.


---


“If you guys need anything you know where to find me.” Jungmin said as he alighted from their van and into the building where his art studio was located. Lately he had been going here more often, like it was a healing sanctuary for him.


“What should I do to pass some time tonight?” Jungmin asked himself as he punched the pass code of his studio and opened the door when he heard a click.


He walked inside but stopped when he saw Xin leaning on his table fast asleep. He smirked and went to grab a piece of white paper and drew something before going out of the studio again.


---


“Ya! You just broke the window!” Lee scolded Min Ah as he saw her fiddle with it but failed.


“I’m too sleepy.” She whined and handed him the parts to make another one.


“Give me that.” Lee said and took the materials then suddenly drew the words sleepyhead on her arm with a marker.


“Ei! How about I write drooling addict on yours?” Min Ah protested and took the marker from him for revenge.


Youngsaeng stopped at the door and chuckled when he saw the scene of Min Ah and Lee wrestling with a marker, each person had characters and smile’s drawn on their hands and arms.


“Ahem...” he cleared his throat and looked at them with an amused smile.


“Don’t even think about joining.” Min Ah told him as she successfully drew a childish stick person named Lee.


“Arasso. Arasso. Snacks?” He chuckled and held out the box and drinks he was holding.


“God I’m starving. You’re a savior.” Lee said and took the box and drinks from him to arrange it.


“You know you have been spending your money on us a lot lately. You’ll get broke if you keep spoiling that pig over there.” Min Ah pointed to Lee and yawned.


“Tired?” Youngsaeng asked.


“Not really, just sleepy.” She replied and rubbed her eyes and he just nodded and eyed the half-finished model they were working on.


“Wow! Your job is really interesting.” Youngsaeng exclaimed as he looks at the model, it was seeing a miniature building in the process of construction.


“I said the same thing when I was little while watching my father work.” She smiled and took the cake that Lee handed.


Youngsaeng accepted the cake Lee gave him and continued to study the model. Min Ah was just full of surprises for him. It took a while before he was able to figure out the mysterious side of her, like her family background, her simple way of thinking.


But what still bothers him was about what Min Ah had been doing the past years that made her so stressed out before and pressured right now that all she thinks about was winning this competition. Of course he understands that it is her dream but something was missing in the puzzle.


“Youngsaeng? Saeng?” He was pulled out of his thinking when he heard Min Ah’s voice.


“Oh! Mianhe. What were you asking?” 


“I was asking you about your performance. Lately you guys have been finishing more later than usual.” Min Ah repeated. 


“We did good, just have a tight schedule every now and then since it’s our comeback promotions.” He replied referring to the days when they would go home at dawn then leave again after four hours.


“Ah...Oh yeah, by the way you haven’t forgotten that Lee and I would be leaving in two days for the finals in Japan right?” Min Ah asked him.


“De. I didn’t. You’ll be staying there for a week right?” Youngsaeng confirmed but deep inside he was sad that he wouldn’t be seeing her for a week.


“Yep. Some of our friends would be performing at the orphanage that we both always helped out with there so we wanted to watch and support them.” Lee answered. Giving Youngsaeng a wink making him nervous suddenly.


“Ya! Stop being adulterous and eat that cake already. We still have to finish this model in two days.” Min Ah nudged him and smiled apologetically towards Youngsaeng.


~~~