The Bodyguard

Seoul Searching

 

 
SECURITY PROTECTION AGENCY (SPA)
 
The agents of the famous and well-trusted security agency made way to Mr. Song and his daughter. Mr. Song is in the SPA to fulfill his promise to his beloved daughter. Mr. Song greeted the agents as a reply. He went inside the main office where the head of the said security protection agency is staying. As soon as her father and her went inside the room, the head of SPA stood up and greeted her father. She noticed that the head of SPA took a glance at her. "She's my daughter." said her father. She bowed to the SPA head when she was introduced.
 
"Nice to meet you, Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi." said the head while he was asking her for a handshake. "Nice to meet you, too, Mr. -- " she stopped when she realized she doesn't know his name. "Yu Jae Suk." said the SPA Head. "Mr. Yu Jae Suk-ssi." she finished her greeting when he mentioned his name. "Your daughter is very nice, Mr. Song." said Yu Jae Suk to her father. "Thank you." her father and her thanked the SPA Head in chorus. She smiled at her father when they realized they spoke the same thing at the same time. 
 
"How can I help you, Mr. Song?" asked Yu Jae Suk. "I'd like to hire your top agent as my daughter's personal bodyguard." Mr. Song answered. "That's not a problem." said Jae Suk. "Is he around?" she asked all of a sudden. "Yes, he is." answered Jae Suk. "Are you sure he's the best? If he's the best, how come he's not on duty?" she asked without hesitating. Jae Suk smiled at his frank attitude. "That question will be answered soon." said by the head of SPA. "Why not now? How will I be assured of his capabilities just by you saying that?" she asked.
 
Yu Jae Suk looked at Mr. Song. Mr. Song shrugged his shoulders with Jae Suk's curious face. "He was actually on duty a while ago." said Jae Suk. "And?" asked her. "And he was able to finish in one snap." said by the SPA Head whom she thinks is fond of the green color. "He is what you think is not. He is our agency's top agent." assured Jae Suk. "Can he start now?" asked Mr. Song. "Yes, of course." Jae Suk answered her respective father. "I want to see him." said Mr. Song which Jae Suk quickly granted. 
 
A muscular man with a pair of small eyes, a little wavy hair, a pointed nose, and small lips came inside the main office when he got a signal from their head. Mr. Song looked at the man who will be her precious daughter's bodyguard. "Is this man a professional one?" asked Mr. Song. Jae Suk nodded at Mr. Song and said, "Absolutely, Mr. Song." Mr. Song nodded and said, "All right, then. You can start now. This is my daughter. And I want you to take care of her with all your might." The man bowed at her father lightly, so his father smiled a little. 
 
"Please excuse us." Jae Suk told the two of them. Jae Suk and her father went out. She knew that her dad will pay for their service, and her dad doesn't want to let her know how much it would cost them for this kind of service. She looked at the muscled man who is looking at her intensely. "My name is Song Ji Hyo. And you are?" said she asking him to do a hand shake. The man quickly reached for her hand, but to her surprise, the man had put something on her hand. 'How did he get his calling card quickly inside his jacket? It was so fast.'
 
She looked at the man waiting for him to answer, but she didn't get any answer from him. "I was asking for your name. Your name is?" she repeated her question, however, his answer was a total silence. Her right eyebrow inches upwards, but she was able to put it right away before the muscled man in front of her sees it. "Don't you have a tongue?" she asked again. "Are you mute?" she asked another one. She looked at the man who is not answering her questions. "Are you deaf?" she asked one more time. 
 
"Kim Jong Kook-ssi.." called by a familiar voice before she could see the calling card that was given to her in a quick way. The man looked at the owner of that familiar voice. She looked at the owner as well and saw her father smiling while walking towards them. "Your name is Kim Jong Kook?" she asked the man, but the man didn't answer her. She pouted her lips and her dad didn't miss to see it. "What's wrong, my daughter?" her dad asked. "He doesn't talk to me." she said. "I'm sorry, but he's a reserved one." Jae Suk butted in. "You mean, an introvert?" she clarified what she just heard from the head of SPA. 
 
Jae Suk tried his best to keep his smile with Ji Hyo's question, but it made the daughter of the famous Mr. Song blank. "He rarely talks, Ms. Ji Hyo-ssi." answered Jae Suk. "So, he is, then." confirmed by her. "I guess it's good. I just want him to listen to me all the time. It's not a problem, afterall. Just please tell this Kim Jong Kook man to answer basic questions such as "What is your name?". Even a five-year-old kid can answer it without being reserved." Ji Hyo told them in a loud but calm voice. 
 
"Ji Hyo-ya, let's go home together. Please pack your things now, Kim Jong Kook-ssi. You'll be joining us already." said Mr. Song. She bowed to Yu Jae Suk before she went out of the room with her dad and after she had rolled her eyes at the muscled man who cannot answer that his name is Kim Jong Kook. A few minutes later, Mr. Song excused himself for he has to attend a meeting. Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were left alone, so Ji Hyo bombarded Jong Kook with questions such as, "What is this?" "What is that?" "What are these?" "What are those?",  but these questions were never answered at all.
 
"Ya! Don't you know who I am? I am Song Ji Hyo. Song. Ji. Hyo. S-o-n-g J-i- H-y-o, arasso? I am Song Ji Hyo." she yelled at him while trying to calm herself. "Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi, I know who you are and by saying that it means that I already know everything about you. I even know that you look so charming and pretty, but then again, you're so noisy." the muscled man spoke to her with a half grin on his half smile, and she didn't know why her face became hot when she felt that something is wrong in the beating of her heart.