The Buss

Seoul Searching

 

Ji Hyo looked at him without a reaction on her face and asked, "Do you just stick with me out of duty and responsibilty?" while getting her face a centimeter away from his face and continued with "Don't you have any feelings towards me at all?".  His face is so close to Ji Hyo's face. It has been a lot of times since they have their faces so close with each other, but this kind of face-to-face situation is different. The woman in front of him is asking if it's just out of work that he sticks with her. He was about to answer when Ji Hyo turned around. 
 
"I think that's why Security Protection Agency (SPA) is so popular. Their agents sure know how to not mix business with pleasure." she told him while walking towards the room. "Come, please help me pack." she said to him with a smile. "Seung Hun Oppa wanted to go the the amusement park. I told him it won't be possible for him to do it since he's that famous." she told him. "Why in amusement park?" he asked Ji Hyo. "He's a kid at heart." she told him again to which he laughed when he heard. "Ya! Why are you laughing?"asked she. 
 
"I just didn't know that he's like that." he said still laughing out loud. Ji Hyo looked at the laughing Jong Kook. Her face became sad when she remembered something. Jong Kook was quick enough to notice her sadness, so he stopped laughing. "Is there something wrong?" he asked. "I wonder if he had laughed like that because of me." she told Jong Kook. "So, he's still in your mind?" he asked. Ji Hyo looked at him and asked, "Huh?" He sighed and curiously asked, "Do I remind you of your ex-boyfriend?"
 
Ji Hyo looked at the curious Kim Jong Kook and answered his question with a, "He's still my boyfriend." Jong Kook's reaction was unreadable. "O-oh.." he uttered. "Why are we even talking about him? Come on and let's do this quickly before Seung Hun Oppa gets mad." she told him. "Are you that close with Seung Hun?" he asked once again. "Seung Hun?" she asked mimicking what Jong Kook called him. "Yes, Seung Hun, your cousin." he said. "Don't you think you're calling him informally?" asked Ji Hyo to which he replied with, "I just want to." 
 
Ji Hyo shrugged her shoulders. "Well, it doesn't matter. You can just call me Song Ji Hyo instead. You can call whoever you want the way you want them to be called." she answered. "He is my cousin and he's very close to me. He seems like an older brother to me. You are older than Seung Hun Oppa, right?" she asked him to where he asked back, "Does that mean I seem like an older brother to you, too?" Ji Hyo nodded. "Of course." she said without hesitation. "You're like an older brother to me and -- " she cut her sentence.
 
Jong Kook was disappointed when Ji Hyo didn't finish her sentence. He was anticipating what she'll tell him, but to his dismay, she cut her sentence. He looked at Ji Hyo who's so busy preparing her things. He wondered why she needed to pack things when she'll just go to an amusement park with Seung Hun. 'Song Ji Hyo-ssi, why didn't you answer me if I remind you of your boyfriend?' he asked himself still looking at the woman. 'Is he that important to you that you keep on ignoring my obviously confessing heart?' he asked himself again.
 
When she asked him earlier on whether he sticks with her out of duty and responsibilty, he was ready to confess all his feelings. It was by the time when Seung Hun asked him not to meddle that he was able to realize the reason of his daze. It became clear  to him what he has for the woman. And he meant it when he said that Song Ji Hyo's business is his for he won't allow others to interrupt their complicated relationship. For now, his feelings are kept inside and he knows sooner or later, he'll be confessing to the woman in front of him. 
 
Song Ji Hyo looked at Kim Jong Kook who has a lot of thoughts in mind. She was smart enough to know that the man in front of her is thinking about too many things. She touched her chest and felt her heartbeat. The beat of her heart towards the man in front of her is really unusual. She knows that the last time she had felt like that was when she was with her second boyfriend. She looked up to stop her tears from falling when she thought about the reason of why they are doing the literal Seoul searching and looked down when she was able to compose herself. 
 
"Are you okay?" Jong Kook asked him. "Do you only know how to ask 'Are you okay?' when you see me in this kind of situation? Don't you have any other questions to ask?" she asked through a yell with a glare. He was surprised to see her acting like that. "A-are you okay?" his words left his mouth before he could stop them. Ji Hyo sighed as a disappointment hearing the same question from the man in front of her. She's so pissed that she couldn't even understand why she's pissed. "You really piss me off Kim Jong Kook-ssi." said she. 
 
Song Ji Hyo stood up from where she packed her things, but Jong Kook's quick reaction made her really surprised. Kim Jong Kook blocked her way out. Ji Hyo looked at him. He knows the way he looks at her now makes her wonder why. "Do you really want me to ask you a different question other than 'Are you okay?', so you won't be pissed with me?" he asked while looking at her keenly. "Okay, then. I'd like to ask you one question. And I want you to be honest with me - I am like an older brother to you and?" he asked without letting Ji Hyo know that he's so nervous deep inside. 
 
Her eyes widened when she heard him asked. She wonders why the man in front of her is asking her differently now. Did she piss him off by saying he's pissing her off? Did he get mad at her because of that? If that so, does that mean that the man in front of her is a shallow-minded-type of a person? She smiled at him halfly thinking about these thoughts. "Don't you think I can't answer that simple question?" she asked him daringly. Jong Kook didn't give her any reaction at all, however, his keen look became more intense while waiting for her answer. "I am like an older brother to you and?" he asked her again. 
 
She smiled brightly at him and said, "You are like an older brother to me and you are like a --" she paused. "A?" pressed Jong Kook. "A lover." she told him with her perfect smile and left Jong Kook in awe. "I do know how to express my feelings unlike you who's such a coward to confess it." she said making her way out of Jong Kook's sight, but her words made Jong Kook grabbed her arms, looked into her eyes, and put his lips on her lips. "I'd loved to be the man who'll be romantically inclined with you and I have already made up my mind, so would you allow me to press your lips against mine?" he said as he docked his lips onto her lusciously-red lips making both of them closed their eyes as the coolness of the wind blows perfectly.