The Home Truth

Seoul Searching
 

Song Ji Hyo bowed at the men inside Kim Jong Kook's private room. She rushed her way to the hospital as soon as the doctor from where she had stayed told her that she's out of danger anymore. Song Joong Ki, the man who accidentally shot her, drove her all the way to where she is now. She doesn't know why she's not even mad at the young man who almost cut her life. As soon as she bowed down, Joong Ki's image was seen by the men. Gary, who has sharp eyes, recogized the young man easily. "Ya! What are you doing here? It was you who shot Ji Hyo." 
 
Gary's scream made the four men angry, but Ji Hyo was fast to stop them just by saying, "Please stop!". The four men halted their actions when she was heard. "I already asked him to repent, so he won't dare to lay a finger on him." she sais referring to Jong Kook. "Ji Hyo-yah, you shouldn't trust him." Gary warned. She shook her head for she knows she can see an innocent man who has lost its way and is now trying to walk the right way. "He seems like a nice guy." she told them not realizing that Joong Ki choked for her unawareness of Jong Kook's relationship with him. 
 
"How is he?" she asked remembering the reason why she's there. "Not good." Jae Suk answered. "Where are his parents? I want to talk to them." she asked them which made the men worried. "Why?" she asked when she noticed their reactions. "They just came here." Gwang Soo answered. "Really?" she asked once again. "If they just came here, I bet they are still on their way, aren't they?" she asked and turned her back around to chase Jong Kook's parents, but Ha Ha stopped her from doing so. "Please don't stop me. I have never heard Jong Kook Oppa mentioned something about his parents, so I would really be happy to see them, so please don't stop me." 
 
Ha Ha's unusual softness showed off when she heard Ji Hyo. But when they belatedly realized that something wrong happened, they all opened their mouths due to the problem that it might bring. Gary, who was confused of the men's gestures broke their moments when he said, "Are you all close to Kim Jong Kook personally?". The men looked at him. "I know who he is." he told them. "Come on, I'm not a bad guy. I know he's rich. In fact, richer than me." he added. "But I didn't tell it to Song Ji Hyo because I think that man there deserves to tell her that." he continued as he pointed Jong Kook with his eyes covering up the pain he's feeling. 
 
He didn't let the men answer his question for their reactions are already an obvious answer. Jae Suk sighed when he noticed Gary's reaction. "He's having a hard time, I guess." he answered the curious looks of the three SPA agents. "Hyung, what will we do with Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi now?" Ha Ha asked. "Ya! Why did you answer like that about Jong Kook's parents?" Jae Suk asked Gwang Soo in a frustrated manner. "Ya! Didn't I tell you to use your brain sometimes? Why are you always clueless all the time? Why?" Suk Jin asked Gwang Soo with a really frustrated tone of voice. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I promise I will use it better the next time, I'll make you all proud." Gwang Soo told them after seeing and hearing Ha Ha, Jae Suk, and Suk Jin's reactions. 
 
"Gary-ssi, what are you doing outside?" Ji Hyo asked her ex-boyfriend when she saw him sitting outside Jong Kook's room. Gary looked at him with watery eyes. Ji Hyo went near him when she noticed his wet eyes. "Ya! Are you okay? Are you sick somewhere? Are you hurt?" she asked as she touched his forehead to check his temperature. Gary bit his lips and tried to control his tears from falling down when he felt Ji Hyo's carressing touch. God knows how much he misses everything about the woman who is checking on him now. "It's good, you're okay." she asked.
 
'I'm not.' he answered on his thoughts. "Aren't you going in?" she asked him again. He shook his head as an answer which Ji Hyo understood as she nodded at him. "I'll be going inside, then." she said as she turned around, but before she could step inside Jong Kook's room, Gary has grabbed her arm and asked, "If I lose everything I have, will you come back to me?". Ji Hyo seemed to be surprised with his question. "Gary-ssi, please don't be like this." she said as she removed her arm from Gary's grip. She turned around to go inside Jong Kook's room, but she halted halfway when she heard what Kang Gary had to say.
 
"I - I would live a simple life with you if that's what you asked me to. If you asked me to. I - I regret being born on a rich family when I lost you, Ji Hyo-yah. I even regret being rich, but not as rich as the person you are with now." Gary, who thought Ji Hyo had already went in, uttered the words on the air, venting out his sober mood. He has already decided to love Ji Hyo in silence, but her existence affects him more than anyone else. It's not his intention to ruin what Jong Kook and Ji Hyo have now.
 
He just wanted some air to breathe, but to his astonishment, Song Ji Hyo stood up in front of him with a very concerned and curious looks on her face as she asked him the question he would never ever answer. "Not as rich as the person I am with now? What are you trying to convey? -- " Ji Hyo cut her words in disbelief. "G-Gary-ssi -- are you perhaps saying that the person who is richer than you -- is -- Kim Jong Kook-ssi?" she asked confirming what she just heard. He closed his eyes feeling guilty, hoping that Ji Hyo has left already, but when he opened his eyes, he saw Ji Hyo, still standing in front of him. "Kang Gary, please answer me."