The Supplication

Seoul Searching
 
 
When Kim Jong Kook was about to follow her from walking away, she was surprised to see Kang Gary in front of her. She looked at her ex-boyfriend and looked at Jong Kook who is now at her back. "What are you doing here?" Ji Hyo asked. Gary looked at her and answered, "I'm not the only one who's here." With that answer, two more persons appeared in front of her. Her eyes grew bigger as she saw them. "M-mom.. D-dad.." were the words she uttered when her parents came to where they are. 
 
"My daughter, why are you walking away from the man whom I agreed that you'll be wed?" Mr. Song Kang Ho asked. "D-dad.." she uttered as she couldn't believe that her dad is really saying those words. "Ya! Song Ji Hyo, do you think walking away from someone who has all the riches in the world is a good thing?" her mother asked. "Don't you think it's a good thing that your man is physically, mentally, and financially rich?" her mother asked in a joking manner. "M-mom?" she asked with a curious face. 
 
She looked at Kim Jong Kook and she saw him bowing his head towards her parents. "Thank you for coming Mom, Dad." he said addressing his future in-laws. Her eyes grew wider again. She looked back at her parents who are smiling at him. And she looked at Kang Gary who's also smiling. "Do you know that he is -- " she wasn't able to finish her sentence when her parents answered in chorus, "Yes." making her eyes grew bigger than it were. "My daughter, your eyes are going to pop out." said Mr. Song. 
 
She smiled at them when she heard what her father said. "D-dad." she said when she felt embarrassed. "Why are you turning red, my daughter? My son-in-law doesn't mind that, right?" her father asked her and asked Jong Kook at the same time. She smiled at Jong Kook and accepted his offer for a hug as she said, "You got me." Jong Kook flashed his toothpaste-commercial-film-like smile as he said, "That's why you don't have any choice, but to marry me." They exchanged sweet smile without noticing that Kang Gary has been staring at the two of them for quite some time. 
 
The restaurant, which was empty earlier, is now filled with important people. Aside from Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo, not to mention the presence of Song Ji Hyo's parents, the popular Mr. Song Kang Ho and the retired reigning CF queen Mrs. Song Ok-sook, the politician's son Kang Gary, the SPA Head Yu Jae Suk, the three SPA agents are also there - Ha Ha, Lee Kwang Soo, and Ji Suk Jin, and the uncomfortable young man Song Joong Ki. In addition to Ji Hyo's surprise, two more men entered the restaurant. Kim Jong Kook was delighted to see them as he greeted them, "Hyung!" 
 
Kim Myung Min and Kim Soo Ro bowed when they saw Ji Hyo's respective parents. They headed where the four of them are. "Nice to meet you." Myung Min said as he bowed to her. "It's my pleasure to meet you." she said in a shy tone. "Don't be nervous, my sister-in-law. We won't bite." Soo Ro said to her. "That's my job." Jong Kook said in a joking manner making her face blushed when she belatedly realized the meaning. "Ya!" she called out Jong Kook, but all of them just laughed. 
 
Meanwhile, Jae Suk and Suk Jin are both looking at the two-closed friends. "I think Joong Ki has found his home." Jae Suk said to Suk Jin. "I'm glad that he has found the light." Suk Jin commented. "I'm proud that Jong Kook has let all bygones be bygones. " Jae Suk added. "Look how happy Kwang Soo and Joong Ki are. It makes me teary." Suk Jin told Jae Suk. "Why are your eyes wet?" Suk Jin asked Jae Suk as he saw his watery eyes. "Just look how happy Jong Kook is. It's good to see the Songs and the Kims happy like this." he answered. 
 
"Joong Ki-ah, what's the one thing you're scared of in this world?" asked Kwang Soo. Joong Ki looked at the man who has the same age with him. He feels very blessed to have all of the people inside the restaurant to forgive him. "There's nothing that I'm afraid of." he said when he couldn't think of an answer. Kwang Soo smiled at him and offered a bottle of soju. "What's this?" he asked. "It's a congratulatory remark. I'd like to congratulate you for choosing the right path. Welcome to the club." he told him with a smile. "Thank you." he replied. 
 
After some time, Kim Jong Kook, Song Ji Hyo, Song Ji Hyo's parents, Kim Myung Min, Kim Soo Ro, Kang Gary, Yu Jae Suk, Ha Ha, Lee Kwang Soo, Ji Suk Jin, and Song Joong Ki are facing one another through a long table. Kim Jong Kook has prepared everything today right after he told Jae Suk that it's time to reveal everything. He knew Ji Hyo would think things over and he's scared that if Ji Hyo does it, she might change her mind, so he made plans and met all the people who are with them right now. He smiled at Ji Hyo as he signaled something to the restaurant manager. 
 
The lights suddenly turned off and all they could see is the image of them. He asked for Ji Hyo's hand and Ji Hyo accepted it with a very moved expression. He doesn't know why he feels nervously happy seeing her reaction, but he didn't let it hinder what he has plan to do. He assisted Ji Hyo to sit down on a high chair as he kneeled on both knees in front of her to Ji Hyo and everyone's surprise. "In front of the people who are dear to us, I am kneeling in front of you to let you know and to let them know, that I have never seen someone as special as you. I am devoting you all my life as my partner and as my modern queen. I love you."
 
Ji Hyo hurriedly stood from where Jong Kook placed her to hug the man who is kneeling in front of him. She was so touched that she didn't notice that her face is all wet because of her tears of joy. The brothers of Jong Kook and the parents of Ji Hyo are both touched by Jong Kook's way of proposing in front of them. The SPA agents and the awkward Gary and Joong Ki smiled with all their best when they witnessed a wonderful proposal to their upcoming wedding in a week, but they've gotten serious when they heard what Ji Hyo said.
 
"Ya! Kim Jong Kook, why are you kneeling like that in front of me? Don't you know how embarrassing it is? Don't you know how it makes me want to kiss you like there will be no tomorrow? Don't you know how it moves me to tears knowing that all of them know just how much I love you? I love you Kim Jong Kook. I love you, love you, love you." she said while in tears. And hearing those words, the toothpaste-commercial-film-like smile of Kim Jong Kook was seen once again. He pulled Ji Hyo closer to his as he gave her a soft and gentle kiss on the lips as he snapped his fingers to make a signal to the restaurant's manager. 
 
As soon as the signal was seen, the song 'So Pretty' was played in the background. The soon-to-be-married couple is still on a high with each other's lips as the people around them watch in excitement. All of them shrugged their shoulders as they went back to where they are sitting to celebrate the upcoming wedding of the two richest people in South Korea. They partied all night and enjoyed every moment that they have until one by one, the people inside the restaurant have gone where only darkness and the word 'Closed' could be seen.