The Introductory

Seoul Searching

 

Her yelling stopped when she saw a familiar route. The man, who seemed to be arrogant for her, actually helped her find her way back to the five-star hotel where she's staying. The man unlocked her handcuffs and gave her a toothpaste-commercial-film-like smile which she saw earlier. The man moved inches closer to her and having a closer glimpse of the muscled man in front of her, she thought to herself, 'Why is this man annoyingly handsome?' and scolded herself afterwards.  
 
"Ya!" she shouted at the man who just turned his back at her. The man, whose back was facing her already, turned around to look at her when she called his attention. "T-thank you." she said nervously. The man in front of her smiled again. "Can you treat me a drink instead? I was drinking something earlier, but you poured it on me." he told her smiling. She blushed remembering what she did to him, but she remembered how he dealt with her earlier, so she felt a less guilty. "I'll just get my purse, then." she said. 
 
Inside the five-star hotel's food court, they sat across each other. She was looking at the man when he offered his hand and introduced himself. "My name is Kim Jong Kook. And you are?" he asked pretending not to know her name. The woman shook his hand and answered his question, "Song Ji Hyo." "Have we met before?" asked Ji Hyo. "I was the one sitting beside you on the plane from Pohang." he answered. "Oh, I see." her mouthed opened when she realized now why the man seemed so familiar to her.  Jong Kook smiled at her again and asked, "You see?", so they ended up smiling. 
 
"What shall I buy you?" she asked him all of a sudden. "Just water." he answered. "Eh?" she asked with confusion. "I don't drink something unhealthy." he added. Her eyes and mouth widened at the same time. "No wonder your body's like that." she said  looking at the big muscles of the man in front of her. Jong Kook's face blushed when he saw the way Ji Hyo stares at his body. Good thing they are sitting otherwise he won't know what he'll feel when her gaze would go lower than that. 'Ya!' he warned himself for thinking too much. 
 
It has been hours since they started to mingle with each other. A lot of questions were already asked and answered, and both of them felt like they have known each other for such a long time. They were able to exchange mobile numbers, but he felt a little sad when Ji Hyo told him, "I just have added another friend on my phone's contact list." Ji Hyo ordered a bottle of soju, so he asked why she needed to drink. "I came here in Seoul for nothing. I came him for him, but he already has everything, I guess that's why he's treating me like I'm nothing. I wish I could get to know an ordinary man who doesn't have everything, so I could be his everything. Am I being selfish?" she answered  and asked in a soft voice. 
 
"Oh, I'm sorry." she said as she realized she's making the mood melancholic as she quickly finished her second bottle of soju. She forced a smile at Jong Kook, but he knows there's more into that bitter smile. "Say, Kim Jong Kook, what do you do?" she asked him all of a sudden. He stopped and went blank when he thought of her question - "I am Kim Jong Kook, one of the three owners, the youngest owner of the Security Protection Agency (SPA). I came from a wealthy family and I can have everything I want." 
 
"Ya! Jong Kook-ssi, I was asking you a question." she asked him again when he wasn't able to utter his answer on his mind. He knew revealing his background won't make him have the chance to get close to Song Ji Hyo. So, he decided to put up a cover to be able to stay connected with the woman who just didn't get his attention, but also his interest. "I am an agent." he answered. "Agent? Which department?" she asked him. "Security Protection Agency (SPA)." he answered. "Daebak!" she mused proudly. 
 
"Do your job well, so your boss could promote you. I heard the bosses of SPA are really fierce. Wouldn't it be nice if you'll be promoted because of a job well done?" she told him not knowing she's already talking to one of the SPA bosses. He choked when he heard it, so he took the glass of water and drink what's inside. Ji Hyo laughed at his weird act. "Ya! Drink slowly. You won't run out of water." she smilingly said while looking at him. He saw her checked her mobile phone and saw how the smile on her face disappeared. "Is there something wrong?" he asked. She shook her head. "Let's go back. Thank you for today." she stood up, bowed at him, and left him wondering why. 
 
It was her first time to drink two straight bottles of soju trying to get rid of the pain that she's feeling because of Gary's busy schedule. It has been a year and a half, but never in her entire life that the two of them were able to spend a very long time together. It was good that Jong Kook was there to accompany her, but when Gary sent her the message, her world stumbled. She has waited for days, until days became a week, and now she needs to count the stars for months since Gary couldn't make it in Seoul as he's now heading overseas. 
 
Months have passed and the friendship of Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo is getting better day by day. As the relationship of Ji Hyo and Jong Kook blooms, Ji Hyo and Gary's relationship  glooms. Jong Kook helped her to enjoy her time without her world revolving only at Kang Gary. Then, just like being hit by a thunder, she was so surprised with Jong Kook's revelation. "Song Ji Hyo, I know this is wrong. But, I can't help it anymore. Would you give me a chance to be with you --- as your man?" he asked her making her blank. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi, I am still in  a relationship with Kang Gary." Jong Kook looked at her eyes as he said the words, "I'll wait for you no matter how long it takes. For I have already made up my mind that you'll be here ---" he said putting his hand on his chest as he finished his sentence with, "permanently."