The Guys

Seoul Searching

 

 
Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo are smiling happily when they left the said Running Man Date Cafe. "I didn't know SBS has that kind of show." Song Ji Hyo commented. Jong Kook halted when he heard Ji Hyo's comment. "What do you think of that show?" he asked. Ji Hyo looked at him. "It was cool, I guess." she answered. "You guess?" asked Jong Kook. Ji Hyo nodded. "That kind of variety show makes me wonder if there will be romance between two strangers who don't know each other." she added. 
 
"What do you mean?" asked Jong Kook. Ji Hyo smiled at him and said, "Come to think of it, two persons from different worlds will be made up as a pair. I think they should at least know a lot about each other before they enter into a romantic relationship, right?" she answered. Jong Kook looked confused with her answer, so she added, "It's a good thing that we know who we really are. I'm happy that I have come to know you on who you really are. And you know what? I am really happy. I am so happy to know that I can really live a simple life with you forever." she said. 
 
Jong Kook choked when he heard her thoughts. He remained blank for a second. "Are you okay?" Ji Hyo asked. "H-huh?" he asked not hearing his fiancee's question. "Are you sick?" Ji Hyo asked again. "N-no." Jong Kook answered. Ji Hyo smiled at him and gave him a light kiss on the lips as she said, "Take that as your medicine if you feel sick or something." Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo with a very intense look. "Ya! Kim Jong Kook, are you really okay? You look pale." she told him with a worried look.
 
"Ji Hyo-yah, I actually have something to tell you." he said courageously. "Sure, tell me. What is it?" she asked with a curious look. "I am actually..." he cut his words. Ji Hyo looked confused, so he decided to provoke a question, "curious about something." "About what?" she asked. "Kang Gary.. why did you two break up?" he asked. Ji Hyo smiled with a sigh. "You've got me nervous there, Oppa." she said. "We broke up because he didn't have much time for me. We were in a relationship, but I felt so alone." she said. 
 
"He needed a lot of things to do because his background needed him to do those things.. Is it bad, Kim Jong Kook Oppa? When all I wanted was to be taken for better or for worse, not for granted." she answered in a serious tone. She looked at him and smiled, "That's why I am so into you. Not because you are the exact opposite of Kang Gary, but it's because my heart and my mind tell me that a simple man like you is the perfect one for a woman like me. I don't need a rich man, I need someone who has a rich heart. That, for me, is enough. So, thank you for coming my way, Oppa." she said.
 
"So, what will you tell me?" Song Ji Hyo asked him. Jong Kook was about to open his mouth when a black car stopped on their side. The couple stopped walking. The black car's door opened making both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo startled. "What are you doing here?" Jong Kook asked in a worried tone while automatically blocking Ji Hyo's body. The man signaled his assistants to get Ji Hyo off Jong Kook. The two well-built men went to get Ji Hyo, but was blocked by Jong Kook. "Don't touch her." he shouted. 
 
Of all the chaos that is happening, she doesn't have any idea why it is all happening. But it doesn't bother her, all that she cares about is her fiance Kim Jong Kook. He is now fighting with the two well-built men. She knows Jong Kook can take care of the men since Jong Kook is the top agent of the Security Protection Agency. An agent like Jong Kook can't be beaten with just two amateur men. She was about to run to Jong Kook when her man defeated the two, but a familiar car caught her eyes. 
 
"Seung Hun Oppa!" she shouted with excitement. Glad that a help arrived. She wanted to greet her cousin, but the leader of the two defeated men approached her cousin first. "What is this about?" her cousin asked the man who has scary good looks. The three of them knew who the man is, but she's not sure why that man is here in South Korea. All the while she thought he's living a good life somewhere out of the country. "What is this about?" mimicked the man. Seung Hun stepped backwards when the man stepped forward. 
 
"Ji Hyo, run away." Seung Hun told her. She was blank when she heard it, so she wasn't able to follow. "Run away!!" Seung Hun shouted which brought her back to senses. The man looked at her and smirked. "If you run away, shall I take your popular cousin away?" he asked her. "Why are you doing this?" she asked. "There's a reason." he answered with a smile. Seung Hun took the chance to get his gun and aims it at the man, but the man was quick enough to pull the trigger of his gun. 
 
"Seung Hun OOooooppppppppaaaaaaaaa!!!!" Ji Hyo shouted when Seung Hun fell to the ground. Jong Kook made his way to the man, but the man was more skilled than him. The two men fought amidst the chaos. While Jong Kook and the man were fighting, a familiar man went out of the black car. "Do your job now, Song Joong Ki." the man, who was holding Kim Jong Kook's arms, shouted. Joong Ki, who was waiting for a chance, grabbed his gun, and aimed at the defenseless Kim Jong Kook. 
 
Song Ji Hyo saw Joong Ki's preparation and out of the blue, when the gun was fired, she was able to block the view. A man, who was secretly listening from behind, got out of his hiding place with what just happened. "Ji Hyooooooooooooooo ---- " loud screams were heard. The owners of the screams looked at one another when they saw Ji Hyo took the shot for Kim Jong Kook. The men, who are involved and would like to be involved in Song Ji Hyo's life shared furious looks at one another. The four men: Kim Jong Kook, Song Seung Hun, Kang Gary, and Lee Seo Jin -- each one of them says something in their eyes as they were surprised to see each other at the same place... at the same time.