The Restaurant

Seoul Searching
 
At the restaurant, Kim Jong Kook waved his hand when he saw Song Ji Hyo from outside. Earlier, they decided to meet at a certain place, so they can have a talk. He looked at Ji Hyo who smiled at him a little. Ever since he woke up from unconsciousness, he felt like something has changed between their relationship. He knows he is not in the position to question what's happening, but he knows this happening shouldn't really be happening. It was not that long for Ji Hyo to sit in front of him. They are now looking at each other without saying anything. 
 
"What is that something important that you want to tell me?" she asked him with a low voice. His heart jumped in pain when he confirmed that indeed something is wrong with their relationship. He wonders if it's an effect of Seung Hun's death, but he knows there's more. "Have you been well?" he asked. "I'd be lying if I say yes." Ji Hyo answered. "What's the matter?" he asked. Ji Hyo looked at him. She looked at him knowing what she has on mind, "Are you stupid enough not to know the answer with that question?". 
 
"Ji Hyo-yah, I'm sorry for causing you trouble." he said. "I'm sorry that it was because of me that Seung Hun died." he added. "I'm sorry that because of me, you couldn't be well." he continued. "I didn't know why things are being like this, but I know you don't deserve these, so I am really sorry. I am really sorry that I couldn't be the man who can protect you whenever you're in trouble. As what you have mentioned, I am just an ordinary man. And that's what I am really sorry about. I am not an ordinary man, Ji Hyo-yah. I am not just an ordinary man."
 
Ji Hyo looked at him intently. "What are you trying to say?" she asked with a curious look on her face. "I am not an ordinary man. I didn't come from a poor family. I came from the famous Kim's clan. My brothers are the famous Kim Myung Min and Kim Soo Ro. I am one of the owners of the Security Protection Agency. We own the SBS, KBS, and MBC. We own more lands and we can get everything we want. I am not an ordinary man, Ji Hyo. I am a very rich man. I am capable of anything and everything especially if it involves money." he revealed. 
 
Ji Hyo's face became blank. She remembered his two famous brothers and how they seriously looked at her back when they were all in the hospital. She looked back at Kim Jong Kook and asked, "Why did you just say it to me now?" Kim Jong Kook looked at her and said, "I tried my best to tell it to you, but everytime I tried, there's always these troubles." he answered. She couldn't believe what's she's hearing. "I guess Song Joong Ki is much more a real ordinary man than you." she commented out of the blue.
 
"Ya! Ji Hyo-ya! What are you trying to convey with that?" he raised his voice when he asked. "Don't you know who Song Joong Ki is?" he asked. "I know who he is. He doesn't have a family, he needs attentions, he loves to --- " she stopped when Jong Kook punched the table. "That Song Joong Ki caused me to have you forgotten." he shouted. Ji Hyo's eyes widened when he heard what Kim Jong Kook told her. "He was the one responsible for that?" she asked. He nodded at her when he was able to calm himself. 
 
Ji Hyo stood up. She was about to walk out, but Kim Jong Kook stopped her. "He's repenting, right?" he asked making Ji Hyo sits where she was sitting earlier. "He's not the issue here, Ji Hyo-yah." he said. "The issue is us." he added. "Will you still walk down the aisle with me knowing that I am not the ordinary man that you have known all along?" he asked hoping for a positive response. "Why didn't you correct me when I have been taking you as an ordinary man?" she asked. "What's the use? My feelings are just the same." he said. 
 
"When I saw you with Kang Gary, I fell in love with you. When I saw you on the plane and heard you murmur that it would be nice to be loved by an ordinary man, I have decided to be just one. But you know what? As time goes by, I realized that I am just an ordinary man. No matter how rich a person is, when it comes to someone that he loves, he is just like an ordinary man wishing and hoping that his feelings will be reciprocated. That's how I am. Ji Hyo-yah, I maybe rich, but my feelings for you are richer than my status." he said. 
 
Ji Hyo looked at him with a very intense look. "Didn't you think that if I find out about this, I will cancel the wedding?" she asked with a strange look in her eyes. He choked looking at how serious Ji Hyo is. "Ji Hyo-yah..." he softly called her name. "Don't be like this." he requested. "You're telling me not to be like this when my cousin died because of me? Knowing that I have fallen in love with an ordinary man like you?" she asked. "Seung Hun knew about my background. He knew and he asked me to live for you." he answered.
 
"You're lying." she said. "He told me that I am welcome in your family even though I came from a good family. I think he knew it a long time ago even right before I had a selective amnesia." he replied. Ji Hyo smiled a little when Seung Hun was brought up as a topic, but her smile disappeared when she said,  "Please let me think about it." Kim Jong Kook's hand held her hands as he proposed once again, "Ji Hyo-yah, please walk in the aisle with me. Marry me. I'd like you to be my wife for the rest of my life." Ji Hyo removed his hand from her hands and looked at him blankly as she stood up and made her way out of the restaurant.