The Real Effect

Seoul Searching
Kim Jong Kook looked at the four serious SPA men. Unlike his brothers Myung Min and Soo Ro, he has a close relationship with the four of them. While his brothers were busy living abroad, he was stuck in South Korea under their company. Suk Jin is like a father and an older brother to him, while Jae Suk is like his older brother Kim Soo Ro, and the two men who are younger than him are his playmates when they were young. If it wasn't for their status differences, he knows they would have a much more good relationship with one another. 
 
"Is there something wrong?" he asked the four of them. All of them shook their heads. Although the four of them are close to him, he knows they still treat him as one of their bosses. It is a rule implied in their SPA by his father. His strict brother Kim Myung Min married Yu Jae Suk's sister, but the strictness of the rule is still there. "Hyung, what's wrong?" he asked Jae Suk who seemed to be the most lonely person inside his room. Jae Suk shook his head to answer his question. "N-nothing is wrong. All is well." he answered him in a soft voice without looking. 
 
When Jong Kook closed his eyes, the four of them went out of the room. "Hyung, don't you feel sad about Ms. Song Ji Hyo?" Kwang Soo, the tallest of them, asked Jae Suk. "I think Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi should be here talking with Kim Jong Kook-ssi hyung." Ha Ha butted in not knowing whether to be formal or informal with Jong Kook's name. "I think Jong Kook-ssi should know her as soon as he can." Suk Jin said. "Ya! You three! Don't forget what Myung Min-ssi told us. We have to stick with their rules even if we are so close with Jong Kook-ssi. It's for his own good." 
 
The four of them became quiet as they remembered what Jong Kook's brothers told them. It was the powerful Myung Min who said, "Do not tell Kim Jong Kook any thing about Song Ji Hyo. His selective amnesia was triggered because of that woman. Don't mess his life by saying something about his relationship with Song Ji Hyo. If he really loves her, he will remember her. On his own." He continued with, "If I find out that one of you talk something behind our backs, no matter how close you are with him, you have to pay the price. Don't you all forget that." 
 
Kim Soo Ro coughed a little. The four men knew that Soo Ro's heart is much warmer than Myung Min's, but they know that Myung Min's thoughts are always right and true, so they never disagree nor argue with him. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi is our youngest brother, I hope you all understand where Myung Min and I are coming from. We just want what's the best for him. Even if we have to put Song Ji Hyo in a dim." Soo Ro told them calmly. Myung Min told them another thing, "Quickly find out who did this to Jong Kook. When you find out who, call me right away, and I will have the final say." The three of them bowed down at them worriedly.
 
"But, I feel very bad about Ms. Song Ji Hyo." Jae Suk commented making their minds back to the reality. "I just wish that Jong Kook-ssi could remember everything that has happened, so we won't have to be guilty over these kinds of things." he added. The three men sighed in front oh him. Jae Suk remembered Ji Hyo's gloomy face and murmered, "Please hang on, Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi." All of them came back inside Kim Jong Kook's room with one thought in mind and that is to not tell anything about Song Ji Hyo or anything related to the said woman. 
 
"What did you say?" Mrs. Song was surprised to hear what Ji Hyo told them in the dining room. "Kim Jong Kook doesn't know who I am." she said sadly. "How could he get a selective amnesia and forget everything about you?" her mom asked again. She remained silent since she doesn't know the answer as well. "Honey, don't make it hard on her. Look at her. She's still coping." Mr. Song Kang Ho calmed his wife while looking at his only daughter Song Ji Hyo. He stood up and went towards Ji Hyo who's lost in mind. "It will be fine, my daughter. It will be fine." 
 
It has been a month, but Jong Kook is still far from nowhere. She recalled how her Dad and her used to talk a week ago when her dad came inside her bedroom. "Just consider that man as a man who had left and dumped you." She looked at her dad who said the words. "Ji Hyo-yah, it hurts me and your mom seeing you like this, so I have decided to take considerations both in a negative and a positive way. You said your boyfriend that you're about to marry and about to introduce to us is one of the Security Protection Agency's top agent, right?" he asked her to which she nodded.
 
Few days later, her faithful nanny called her. "Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi.. Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi..." "Ah, ahjumma--" she said when she realized she was watching the recorded interview of hers on television. "Mr. Song is looking for you. He's in the living room waiting for you." She smiled as she said that she'll be there in a while. True enough, she came and see her dad waiting for her. "Are you watching again?" her dad asked where she replied "Yes, I am." "What for? That man--" she cut her father's sentence by saying, "Dad, could you please allow me to find him?" 
 
Mr. Song Kang Ho seemed so surprise with her daughter's question. If she didn't cut his words, he should have revealed her man's secret identity. He just found out that the man that her daughter will introduce during her press conference was not just an ordinary man. He got upset at first, but when he talked to someone close to her daughter's soon-to-be husband, he realized how pure the man is. According to the man who revealed who Kim Jong Kook is, it was actually him who gave inspiration to Jong Kook since he started being an ordinary man to become an extra-ordinary man. 
 
The man also requested to keep Kim Jong Kook's secret a secret to her daughter. He said that he would like Jong Kook to find out who he is and tell who he really is to Song Ji Hyo. Knowing the men's intention was pure, he agreed to play along. That's why he acted out in front of his daughter. "Why? Have you forgotten what he did to you?" he asked. "I want to know his reason for doing that, Dad." she said. 'Ji Hyo yah, he did it all because of you.' he thought to himself, but what came out from his mouth was, "You will just be hurt, Ji Hyo-yah."
 
And because he couldn't take seeing his daughter in a gloomy mood, he agreed and suggested that she'll need to have her own personal bodyguard. He knows Jong Kook being the bodyguard of Ji Hyo will make everything easy. "I'll hire you a very professional bodyguard." said Mr. Song. "But, Dad --" her sentence was cut this time when her father butted in - "Take it or leave it?" She pouted her lips in front of her dad which made her dad sigh. "That's the only condition that you need to do if you want to find the man who had dumped you." said the ever-supportive father of hers. 
 
"I'll be getting you a bodygurad from the Security Protection Agency (SPA) as soon as possible, so you can go back to being you once again as soon as possible." She nodded at her dad knowing that he's just helping her to get close to Jong Kook once again. "Please hire the best one, Dad." she asked pertaining to take Jong Kook's service. "I definitely will." Mr. Song affirmed her. "Make sure that you'll be careful, so your bodyguard will not lose his precious job, okay?" "Dad?" she said in a cute way. "Thank you, Dad." she told him as she hugged him tight.
 
"What will you do first, then?" her father asked scooping for an information. "I'll meet the best bodyguard of SPA, so we can start searching... -" "What kind of searching would that be?" She smiled at her father and answered, "Seoul Searching." By hearing his daughter's answer, he told her with a serious face, "Ji Hyo-yah, if you really want to be remembered by him, you have to know how to start pretending. Just pretend that everything about him and about the things surrounding him are the first until he remembers you on his own. Be ready to feel the hurt when you start to do Seoul searching." Ji Hyo looked at his father and smiled sadly, "I'll do that until he gets to realize that I --" she cuts her sentence, but resumed it with - "am the owner of his heart."