The Room

Seoul Searching

 


 
Song Ji Hyo's face bloomed like a red rose when she saw Kim Jong Kook smiling at her like that. She looked at him without turning away. She tried to control her tears, but her tears flowed without her commanding them again. She saw Jong Kook's surprised reaction when her tears kept on running down her face. "What's wrong?" asked Jong Kook, now close to where she is standing. She shook her head. "Are you like a fool crying with no reason?" said Jong Kook still wanting to know the real reason behind her tears. "What's wrong?" he asked again.
 
"Get me a case of soju." she ordered him. "A case?" he asked. "Hurry up and get me a case of soju. Why do you ask a lot of questions? Are we doing a variety show or something? I want a case of soju, so I could drown myself." she shouted with exasperation. Jong Kook carried her and put her down on the sofa. "Ya! What do you think you're doing?" she shouted while she was being carried. "Sit down. Calm down. I'll give you the case of soju that you need and make sure that you'll get drown well. What you need to do is to wait here. Understand?" 
 
Jong Kook took a rope out of his pocket and put it on Ji Hyo's body. "What is this?" asked Ji Hyo. "That's a rope." answered Jong Kook. "Ya! You son of a -- " before she could curse completely, Jong Kook looked at her intensely. "Stop cursing!" said Jong Kook. "And why would I do that when you treat me like a fool in here?" she asked. Jong Kook did not answer her question, instead, he rolled the rope to her body tightly. "Ya! What kind of bodyguard are you? You're treating me like a hostage." said Ji Hyo. Jong Kook smiled at her words.
 
"That's what I am famous of, Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi." he said making her heart skips a beat seeing him answer with a smile. "I'll go buy the case of soju that you need, so wait here quietly." told Jong Kook. Jong Kook left the room and after almost thirty minutes of waiting, he came back with the promised case of soju. She smiled brightly at Jong Kook when she saw the liquor. Actually, the rope was tied up to her painlessly. It didn't hurt her at all. But then, she couldn't get away with the rope even if it wasn't that painful. 
 
Jong Kook releases her from the rope. She took one bottle from the case and she's glad Jong Kook didn't utter a sound. She sat down on the dining chair, and Jong Kook did the same. She didn't have a hard time opening the bottle, so she took a gulp straight from the bottle's mouth. Jong Kook looked at her. "Why?" she asked with curiousity. Jong Kook didn't answer her, but he still keeps on looking at her, so she smiled. "I was in tears earlier because I don't know what to do anymore." she told Jong Kook. She saw Jong Kook's confused reaction, so she continued talking.
 
"I don't know if my boyfriend still loves me or not. Out of the blue, he left me without saying goodbye. It was a month before our wedding. I love him so much that it tears me apart not knowing how he is, where he is, what he's doing, what's he's thinking, what's he's feeling.. I didn't know why we ended up like this when he was not that man that I knew." she said in a sad voice. "He's such a kind-hearted man, although he didn't have much money, I loved him, I have loved, I've been loving him, and I will be loving him.. forever." she said as she gulped another one.
 
In no time, Ji Hyo was able to drink five bottles of soju, but she's still trying to act that she's still fine and not drunk at all. Her face is almost on the glass dining table if not of the support of her arm on the table. Jong Kook didn't take a single shot of soju. It's not that he doesn't want to, but it is because he can't. He looks at Ji Hyo's face without the woman seeing it. Ji Hyo's eyes are closed, but he knows her mind is still wide awake. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi --" Ji Hyo called. he was astonished when she called his name thinking he was caught looking at her. 
 
"Are you looking at me?" she asked with her eyes closed. His heart beats faster when Ji Hyo opened her eyes and caught his eyes looking at her beautiful face. "I thought so." Ji Hyo uttered. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi, do you know how to sing?" she asked him still looking in his eyes. "Can you sing me a song before I sleep?" she added. "My boyfriend used to sing me a song over the phone whenever I go to sleep.. can you do that for me?" she continued. "It won't be considered as cheating, right?" she asked again.
 
"I think you've had enough of soju. You should wash yourself now, so you could go to bed properly." Jong Kook told Ji Hyo when he was asked. "I don't want to." Ji Hyo said stubbornly. "Please sing me a song." she requested. "Please get a hold of yourself now. If you can wash yourself now, please do so." Jong Kook reminded Ji Hyo. "Are you stupid? How could I get a hold of myself where I am in this state?" asked Ji Hyo. "Why don't you wash me instead?" 
 
His eyes grew wide with Ji Hyo's question. It has been 37 years since he has been living this world, but it is just the first time that he felt he'll melt. "Do you think I'm that stupid to ask you that? You son of a -- " before Ji Hyo could finish her words, he cut it with "Stop cursing!". "Why, why, why? You son of a--" Ji Hyo shouted, but was cut once again when she heard what Jong Kook said.
 
"Stop cursing, you fool. The badness of your words will ruin the goodness of your face." Ji Hyo looked at him when he bursted out what he had on his mind. He wanted to take back his words, but it's too late. His words were already spilled. Ji Hyo didn't seem to hear his words when she stood up and lost her balance. His quickness made him caught Ji Hyo's body from falling down and placed her on the bed. Ji Hyo's eyes are now fully closed. His eyes, however, are on Ji Hyo's face, "Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi, I don't know which one is false and which one is true, I hope you can give me an answer, I don't know if you can give me answer -- " he whispered while caressing Ji Hyo's face until he asked, "--- but what is this unexplainable feeling that I have for you?"