The Demise

Seoul Searching
 
"Kang Gary, please answer me." she asked in a soft yet innocent way. He wanted to seal Jong Kook's secret until his rival tells Ji Hyo who he really is, but looking at the woman who is requesting for an answer, he couldn't control himself. Just as he was about to open his mouth to tell the answer to Ji Hyo's question, Kwang Soo ran in a rush outside. Both Ji Hyo and him looked at each other when they realized what's going on. "I-It can't be -- " Ji Hyo murmured as she was reacting blankly, but before he could even call her name, she had went in already.
 
"Oppa! Oppa!" Ji Hyo, who was controlling her tears, called Jong Kook. Jong Kook's machine is on a roll. It goes up, down, up, down, up, and down with sounds not too pleasing to her ears. "Jong Kook Oppa! Don't you die on me!" she shouted thinking that Jong Kook might give up and leave her. "Don't you dare die on me for I'll follow you!" she shouted again making Jae Suk, Ha Ha, and Gary looked at one another. Jong Kook's machine stopped its roll. It became stable. Ji Hyo smiled sadly and told the unconscious Jong Kook, "You have to remember that, so you better wake up soon."
 
Kwang Soo came back in the hospital with the doctor, so the doctor checked Jong Kook's condition quickly. "How's he? Will he be able to wake up soon?" she asked. The doctor looked at her and said, "We are trying to wake him up soon." She bowed down knowing her man's condition isn't any better. She looked at the men who are looking at her wet face. She bowed at all of them when she realized that she was too carried away earlier and that she forgot that all of them were there. 
 
Gary, who was sitting on a chair inside Jong Kook's room, stood up all of a sudden. His sudden action made her and the other SPA agents surprised. She saw Gary's hand with his phone open. "Is there something wrong?" she asked. Gary looked at her with his unusual sad and mad face. "Kang Gary, what's wrong?" she asked worriedly when the latter punched the table. Gary continued to punch the table and it scared the hell of her. It was obvious on her face, so Jae Suk tried to calm him down. "Whatever it is, it will be alright." Jae Suk said. 
 
Gary grabbed Jae Suk's collared shirt and cried as he spoke the words she never wished to hear. "Alright? How could you tell me that whatever the matter is, it will be alright?" "Kang Gary -- " she called Gary's attention, but he ignored her. "My best friend just died. And you are telling me that everything will be alright? How could that be alright? Why did he have to be the one who should die? Why can't it be Kim Jong Kook? Why? Why? Why?" he asked angrily, but she didn't know why she was able to reach him with a slap on the face. 
 
"Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi -- " called Jae Suk when all of them became silent for a while. All of them were surprised to see her slapped Kang Gary. Gary looked at her blankly. "The slap that you gave me is not that painful as the pain I'm feeling for losing my best friend who thinks that of all the women here in the world, you are the most wonderful." he said with obvious pain in his words. "How could you just rotate your world on just one person when all the people in the world are trying to rotate theirs on you? Don't you think you are too selfish for that?" he asked her as he turned his back around her.
 
"Ya!" she called him softly making him stop from walking away. "You must have forgotten that it was not just you who lost someone dear to you. Yes, he is your best friend. But, he is my cousin. My one and only cousin. An older-brother like to me. So, don't you compare your relationship to him with the relationship that I have with him. Seung Hun Oppa is -- " she stopped talking when all the words hit her. She belatedly realized the words from Gary. She couldn't believe what she has heard about her cousin, so she ran towards where his room is. 
 
"He's dead." the doctor confirmed them about the bad news. His fists clenched at the same time. He wanted to grab the doctor and asked him to say that he's lying, but Ji Hyo grabbed the doctor by his arm and asked, "Please tell me you're lying. You're lying. You're lying." Ji Hyo asked while sobbing in tears. Ji Hyo looked at him and told him as she broke down in tears, "Gary-ah, please tell him to tell us it's a lie. Seung Hun Oppa is not yet dead. He is not dead. He can't be dead." He knows the reason why, and he lets his tears fall from his face.
 
"The reason for his death is from the effect of the fatal wounds of the shots. He was shot terribly bad twice, and his body was not that strong to fight." the doctor calmly told them. Ji Hyo's eyes glared at the doctor and screamed, "How could you be so calm telling us the reason of his death?". Ji Hyo almost fainted, but Gary caught her. He let Ji Hyo sit on the chair and he silently looked at her. All the staff went out of the hospital room, so the two of them hurriedly ran towards the famous actor Song Seung Hun. 
 
"Seung Hun Oppa!" cried Ji Hyo as she hugged her dead cousin. "Ya! Seung Hun Oppa! Wake up!" she screamed. "Seung Hun Oppa! Seung Hun Oppa! Open your eyes." she commanded continuously, but her cousin didn't react. "Oooooooooooopppppppppppppaaaaaaaa!!" she cried out loud realizing that her only cousin is now a no-life man. She looked at Gary who was just standing beside his cousin while silently crying. Moments later, loads of camera flashes were seen oustide Seung Hun's room, but what's visible to her now aside from her dead cousin is the image of his cousin's best friend Kang Gary who is in deep thought angrily.