The Last Chapter

Seoul Searching
 
Two loud sounds were heard to the surprise of the many people inside the hotel's hall. Kim Jong Kook automatically blocked Song Ji Hyo's body as the sound that he heard seemed to be so familiar and he's hating it already. "Joong Ki-yahhhhhhh" "Kwang Soo-yahhhhhh" were screamed by the SPA agents. Back to their senses, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo looked down and saw the two men lying. "Ya! Lee Kwang Soo, what happened? Be strong." Jong Kook yelled full of concern. "Hyung, please check on Joong Ki, he's much hurt than me." said Kwang Soo.
 
"Song Joong Ki!" called Ji Hyo. "Ya! Open your eyes." she ordered in panic. Joong Ki heard her and as he opened his eyes, her eyes started to tear up. His eyes are watery and lonely. "I-Im sorry for always causing you trouble." he said while gasping a breath. "Ya! Get a hold of yourself." Ji Hyo told him. "This can't be helped. Ji Hyo-ssi, can I call you noona for the first and the last time? You're the first person who treated me like a family. And I will always be grateful to you." Joong Ki asked with tears streaming down his face. 
 
Just as he was about to call her Noona, Kwang Soo made his way to touch Joong Ki's hand. "Joong Ki-yah, you don't need to be scared. When I asked you about the thing you're scared of, you said you're scared of nothing. But when you were drunk, you were able to confess that you're scared to die alone in this world. That's why I am telling you not to be scared for I will come with you as your best friend. Let's drink more soju when we meet again, Joong Ki-yah. Don't be afraid anymore. For you are no longer alone." Kwang Soo said trying to look strong to Joong Ki who can barely open his eyes. 
 
Joong Ki, who can barely open his eyes, closed his eyes. He placed one of his hand on top of Kwang Soo's hand. "Kwang Soo-yah, why didn't you use your brain and saved me from another shot? You should have let the shot hit me. That way.. that way I won't be guilty to tag you along with me." he said feeling sorry. "Joong Ki-ah, why do I have to use my brain when I have to save someone who is like a brother to me? No, it's not actually the right term, you are my brother. So, a reason for saving you is no longer needed. Heart sometimes dictates what mind has been controlling. We're a family. So, don't forget that. Don't be scared. You can rest now. I'll be your buddy forever." Kwang Soo said trying to be in a cheerful manner.
 
Joong Ki smiled as he whispered his words, "Kwang Soo-yah, I may have not tell you this, but I am thankful and sorry to you, too. Thank you for wanting to come with me. Live your life, Kwang Soo-yah. Don't come with me now. It's not your time yet. I am no longer scared to die alone for I know there'll be someone out there who will remember me, right? I am actually at my happiest now. Thanks to you most Kwang Soo-yah, and Ji Hyo-noona. He pressed Kwang Soo's hand as he said, "Kwang Soo-yah, could you pour me a soju on a certain place where I would be? Pour me a bottle of soju whenever you're free, my best buddy." Both Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo's eyes widened as Joong Ki's hand dropped.
 
Things happened fast as four more shots were heard. Two men from behind fell and it was terrifying to see Seo Jin and Seung Gi blooded. Seo Jin died right away as he was shot once by Myung Min and once by Soo Ro. Seung Gi was then shot by Suk Jin and Jae Suk. Seung Gi wasn't that shot badly, but his fall was bad. He tried to make way to find his dead brother as he hugged him and smiled, "Thank you. My hyung will have his peace of mind now. Thank you." Seung Gi smiled remembering how he kept his promise that he'll be with his older brother even in death. "Let's live happily somewhere, Hyung." he said as he closed his eyes with a smile still seen on his face.
 
They ran to Kwang Soo, who was shot, but was more hurt because of the death of his newly found best friend. "Kwang Soo, you need to go to the hospital." Jong Kook told the youngest agent. Kwang Soo obliged as he took a last glance at Joong Ki. He knew this would happen, but he didn't know that it could really happen. When he went to follow Joong Ki earlier, he heard him spoke to Seung Gi about killing Jong Kook, but Joong Ki couldn't decide well by himself. He noticed the weariness of Joong Ki when the wedding was done. He read his words, and he could tell that Joong Ki has really changed into a good man. "I'm sorry, Joong Ki. Live peacefully from now on." he uttered. 
 
Three years after, Jae Suk, Ha Ha, Kwang Soo, and Suk Jin went to pick the couple at the airport. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo went to Indonesia as soon as Joong Ki was buried three years ago. It was unforgettable for the two of them as they learned something special with what happened. They have learned that being a family doesn't require you to be related in blood. It's the way you show your love and affection towards each other. No matter how many ups and downs, a family is a family. Joong Ki made them realized that all in love is fair. The people they met during their Seoul Searching thingy made them more matured and open-minded. 
 
Kwang Soo bid them goodbye first. The couple smiled at him for they know where he's going. Today is Joong Ki's birthday, and knowing what he's been doing for the last three years, they know that he will stay where Joong Ki was buried and will pour a soju on his grave. "Say Hi to Joong Ki from us." Jong Kook told the ready-to-go Kwang Soo. "Hyung--" Kwang Soo gratefully smiled. "Don't let him be that drunk." Ji Hyo jokingly added. "I can't beat him, Ji Hyo-noona. No matter how many bottles of soju I pour, he doesn't seem to be drunk at all." Kwang Soo joined the fun making all of them laughed. 
 
After few hours of bonding with the SPA agents, Ji Hyo and Jong Kook decided to go to the coast where everything between them started. The wind of the coast seems to blow at them peacefully. As the two of them stand on the coast, Jong Kook filled in the spaces of Ji Hyo's fingers with his fingers. They are now holding hands. "Say Ji Hyo-yah.. do you ever regret falling in love with me?" Jong Kook asked all of a sudden. Ji Hyo tightened her grip on Jong Kook's hand. "I regret that I didn't get to know you sooner. If I had known you're existing way back before then, we might have had a better love story than what we have now. But, I am not regretting everything."
 
"I am not regretting that I have fallen in love with someone like you. You bring out all the best in me. You made me feel all the feelings that are known into this world. Whether feelings that are good or bad, even feelings that others might have never known. Having you in my life is like a lesson that I have to study forever. And as I devoted myself to you three years ago, I am still as devoted to you as ever. With all that we have been through, I know all is worth it because I love you so much, and because I know you love me, too." Ji Hyo said as she looked at her husband's overwhelmed face. 
 
Jong Kook smiled at him. He moved her closer to him and positioned himself to give her a back hug while their hands are intertwined. "Thank you so much, Ji Hyo-yah. You don't have any idea on how happy I am to have you as my wife in my whole entire life. And I would even be happier to see my wife for the entire life as the mother of my child." Jong Kook said as he touched his wife's stomach while still giving her a back hug. The one-month-pregnant mom Ji Hyo smiled wholeheartedly as she held Jong Kook's arms tighter than his hug. 
 
Reminiscing what they had on their literally Seoul searching, they found out that there's no easy way to break someone's heart, or to reconcile with someone who broke a heart. The wind blows swiftly at them once again. They looked at each other and they know that it's time for them to go. Seoul Searching has helped them a lot to invest something on their relationship. Before they go, Jong Kook moved his face closer to Ji Hyo's face. He kissed her on the lips as he whispered the words, "No matter which road we take, I will always be happy walking with you. You have to remember that you're my life, my forever wife, and I love you."
 
Ji Hyo smiled at her husband, "What's that for? You're so cheesy. Although this is the end of our Seoul Searching story, having you near me will always be a different story. We're now a family, my yeobo. I couldn't ask for more. And you must also remember that I love you more." Jong Kook's face blushed as he heard his wife's sweet and heartfelt words. Ji Hyo kissed her overwhelmed husband and said, "Let's go." Jong Kook smiled as Ji Hyo smiled. They walked hand in hand happily as the background of this story started to play the song - "So pretty." 
 
 
 
 
Thank you everyone for reading this third fan fiction of mine. From "Up Where We Belong" to "Top Secret" to "Seoul Searching", I thank you all for reading, anticipating, and commenting. Thank you for all the subscribers and the voters of this. I'm really glad that I was able to finish this story after a long time. I hope to see and hear something from all of you again next time. :)