The Songs

Seoul Searching

 


It was Kim Jong Kook who drove her and her father home. When he was able to park the car in the garage, she saw him wanders his gaze around their house. She noticed that Kim Jong Kook was never in awe when he saw their big house. And to her amazement, a smile was seen on her face. It was obviously seen by Mrs. Song who was about to welcome them back home. "What's with that smile?" her mom asked with a smile. Her father looked at her. "It's nothing, Mom." she answered while looking at her bodyguard who was also looking at her.
 
Mr. Song toured Jong Kook around their huge house. It took them a while and now they are back to the balcony where she and her mother were waiting. Mr. Song asked Jong Kook to sit with them, and so he did. Her father looked at her and looked at her personal bodyguard. "I want you to meet my wife. Honey, he'll be the one responsible for our daughter in Seoul." said her father to her anxious mother. "I told you not to allow our daughter with this." Mrs. Song told her dad. "Do you want her to be gloomy for years?" asked Mr. Song. 
 
"Honey, if she takes risks in Seoul, won't she be gloomy afterwards? I am just worried that she'll just waste her time there. And I'm afraid that she will be sadder if the result turns out negatively." commented Mrs. Song. She looks at her parents talking about matters in front of her and Kim Jong Kook. She knows her parents very well. They love to discuss things and it makes their love and respect for each other grow more and more. That's the kind of love that she wanted to have. The love that she'd love to give and to receive from someone she loves dearly were influenced by them.
 
"Even if it's the case, don't you think it will be better for her wasting her time doing something than wasting her time doing nothing?" Mr. Song asked his wife. And he knows his wife has surrendered debating over their daughter's request. "I bet your point was right." Mrs. Song smiled at her husband when she thought about what her husband just said. She looked at Ji Hyo and said, "Your Dad might have spoiled you that much - " Ji Hyo looked at her and she continued with, "and you'll be definitely spoiled by me, too." with a smile.
 
"Thank you, Mom. Thank you, Dad. I love you two. So much." Ji Hyo told them happily. "I promise that I will be better when I come back here. It won't be long, Mom and Dad. I'll find him as soon as I can." she promised these to her parents. "You're so in love, my daughter." said Mr. Song. "Love is really powerful, isn't it?" said she. Her parents smiled at her bubbly attitude. Mrs. Song examined Kim Jong Kook who was looking at them for the entire time. She smiled at her daughter's personal bodyguard before she said, "Please introduce yourself."
 
Kim Jong Kook bowed to her parents when her mother asked him to introduce himself. Jong Kook stood up from where he was sitting and bowed again. She was surprised with the man's good manners. She was smiling when Jong Kook looked at her. She tried to stop herself from smiling, but Jong Kook didn't mind as he just bowed at her. Then, she noticed Jong Kook looked through the eyes of her mother. "I am the toughest Security Protection Agency's Top Agent, Kim Jong Kook. It's my pleasure to meet you all, Song family." he introduced himself with respect even without smiling.
 
"How old are you, Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi?" asked Mrs. Song. "I am 37 years old." he answered quickly. "I see." said Mrs. Song. "You are five-year-older than my daughter, so I hope that you can treat her well while both of you are in Seoul." continued Mrs. Song. "As you know she is our only daughter, so we are hoping for the best of your SPA service." added Mrs. Song. "Don't worry about everything, Mr. and Mrs. Song. Everything will be fine about your daughter." he answered. "Please guard her well." Mr. Song said suddenly to which Jong Kook replied with a bow.
 
Kim Jong Kook is now inside his designated room. Tomorrow, he and Song Ji Hyo will go to Seoul to look for the man who had dumped her a month before their wedding. Few hours before Mr. Song and Song Ji Hyo went to their main office, he was already called by Yu Jae Suk to be prepared. In preparation for his task, he searched and gathered all information about his new assignment - the only daughter of the popular Mr. Song of Song Eduphone Incorporated and Mrs. Song who was and still is the reigning CF model of all time. 
 
Seung Im was supposed to be Song Ji Hyo's name, but her mother thought that the name Ji Hyo would be better for her daughter. Ji Hyo was born on August 15, 1981 and was raised in Pohang. She topped academically when she was a student from kindergarten, elementary, middle school, high school, and university. She was born beautiful, rich, and brainy. She only had one boyfriend whom she was supposed to be married to, but that boyfriend of hers didn't appear exactly a month before their said wedding date. The data that he gathered were all positive. There was no negative thing about the new customer of their SPA. He looked at one of the data and saw a familiar name on it. 
 
The loud sound of the alarm woke him up. He stood up quickly and opened the windows. The view from the Songs' home is so beautiful. The beauty of nature could be seen even from afar. He was about to prepare for their journey today when a familiar figure caught his attention. He saw Song Ji Hyo running towards the gate excitedly. He shut down the windows to prepare quickly, but before he could prepare, he heard Song Ji Hyo yelled, "Song Seung Hun Oppa, I missed you." He clenched his fist upon hearing the woman's yell and he didn't know why his face became hot when he felt that something is wrong in the beating of his heart.