The Preface

Seoul Searching

 

Security Protection Agency (SPA)
 
Yu Jae Suk, the head of the number one security agency in the country, received an anonymous phone call. When he received the call, a familiar voice was heard. "Hyungnim--" the caller on the other line greeted him. His eyes widened when the person on the other line greeted him. "Oh, it's you. Long time no nothing. What can I do for you?" he asked. "What did you say? You want that mission to be done by you? But you haven't done this so far?" he asked in sequence. "All right. I understand." he agreed. He called a number after the call and said with a smile, "Noted, my brother-in-law."
 
The person, who he called as his brother-in-law, is his sister's husband. His sister's husband is none other than Kim Myung Min, one of the owners of the Security Protection Agency (SPA). He is one of the two brothers of the one who gave him a call earlier alongside Kim Soo Ro. The caller told him that he wanted to do the mission of taking good care of the only daughter of the Song Eduphone Incorporated's owner, Mr. Song Kang Ho whose wife is the ever-so-famous CF model Song Ok-sook. It was a surprise to him as well as to his brother that he would like to participate as an agent of their agency for the first time. 
 
Before coming to Seoul, Suk Jin received a call from Head Jae Suk that his mission will be done by another person. He was confused as to why there's a need to change his duty all of a sudden. While he was thinking, a man sat beside him on the plane. To his shock, he almost collapsed. "Hyung, this is me." He looked carefully at the man. And upon recognizing the man who calls him 'Hyung' as he was able to watch him grow up since childhood, he gave him a bow. "Ya! Hyung! How many times do I have to tell you that you don't have to bow at me."
 
Suk Jin looked at him curiously. "What are you doing here? Are you out on a vacation again?" he asked him. "I was." he corrected him. "Eh?" Suk Jin reacted confused. "Look, the mission that you have for that woman, is my mission now." he told Suk Jin pouting his lips pointing to the woman who was his seatmate earlier.  "Say what?" Suk Jin asked in a loud voice, but the younger man in front of him was quick enough to cover his mouth. "Ya! Hyung! Be quiet." he told him carefully while his eyes are set on the beautiful woman who caught his attention. 
 
Cue to where it all started. He was sitting half-asleep on one of the waiting chairs in the airport when he heard a loud voice. He looked at the owner of the loud husky voice and saw a woman who was trying to be strong in front of her man. He knows the man too well. The man was Kang Gary, the son of a very powerful politician. The woman looks familiar to him, but he doesn't know who she really is, so he checked Gary's profile and saw her name - Song Ji Hyo. The woman who was born with a golden spoon on by her famous parents. 
 
At first, he didn't mind the couple discussing things until Ji Hyo waved her boyfriend goodbye. She was trying to be cool and tough, however, he witnessed how a tear fell from the eye of the beautiful woman who didn't even take notice of him. She boarded the plane first and much to his surprise, the woman will be sitting next to him. She didn't mind him as she murmered the words, "How nice it is to be loved by an ordinary man." She was not aware that her words affected him because she closed her eyes the moment she finished the murmur. 
 
When the plane landed to Seoul, he followed her quietly. He was successful enough to request the mission of Suk Jin to be transferred to him, but he doesn't know why he still feels unsuccessful. The woman whom he knows as Song Ji Hyo went to check in a five-star hotel in Seoul. He looked at where the woman's room is, so he could reserved the room next to hers. Days passed, but the woman hasn't appeared on his eyes yet. He doesn't know why he's doing this like a fool, but thinking about the woman makes him so enthusiastic all the time. 
 
He laid down on his bed, touched his chest where the heart is close, and when thought of Ji Hyo's  sleeping face on the plane, he felt the sudden change of speed of his heartbeat. 'What is this unexplainable feeling?' he asked himself. He sighed not knowing what has got into him. He quickly stood up from lying on the bed when he heard the sound of the other room's doorknob. He hurriedly took a glance and saw the woman whom he has been waiting for a week to see. She was on her out of the hallway, so he followed her silently until they reached the coast of Han River. 
 
Looking at the woman, he knows that something is troubling her mind. He waited for a moment to come, so he could talk to her. He grabbed the opportunity when he saw her enjoying the cool breeze of the wind, but to his ironically luck, Ji Hyo's eyes were about to close when he approached her. The woman looked at him blankly, so he asked her, "Excuse me, do you know the way to Namsan Tower?" He was hoping that Ji Hyo could answer him, so he could hear her voice again since Namsan Tower is quite famous in Seoul, but it was only silence who answered him. 
 
When he caught her attention, Ji Hyo's blank stare at him was transferred to the coast. Ji Hyo shook her head at him and just as smart as he is, he knows that the woman is not interested at him nor at his questions. Ji Hyo didn't even look at him when he said his thanks. When he turned around, he saw her closed her eyes just as she intended to do before she was interrupted by him. "Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi, what is this unexplainable feeling that I have for you?" he smiled as he asked himself while his heart pounded more faster than ever when he looked at the beauty of the sleeping heiress of Song Eduphone Incorporated near the Han River coast.