The Consciousness

Seoul Searching

Kim Jong Kook blinked when he felt a drop of liquid on his cheek. He didn't close his eyes to see the owner of it. He knows it is the woman whom he has been eager to see even if he almost lost his life. His vision saw the beautiful face f his woman. His woman who seems to be all tears seeing him awake. He is still weak, so he couldn't reach her face even if he's dying to hold it. Ji Hyo must have been so smart for she put her face on his hand making his hand cups her small yet pretty face. He slowly wipes her tears as he slowly recalled what happened among the four of them. Four - meaning - Him, Seung Hun, Gary, and Seo Jin.
 
When Joong Ki drove Ji Hyo to the hospital, the four of them exchanged glances. He wasn't that worried at Ji Hyo anymore for he knows that Seo Jin wouldn't do anything bad to her. He saw Ji Hyo's precious cousin's shot earlier on his abdomen, so he quickly ran towards his and Gary's direction. Their distance wasn't that far, so he was able to come close. To their surprise, Kang Gary was shot first. Gary, who was unprepared, accidentally hit his head on the car when he was astonishingly shot and aimed to shoot Seo Jin as soon as he collapsed, but the gunshot was caught by him while he was coming closer to them. 
 
Seo Jin smirked as he moved his right hand beside his left hand making two guns pointing at one direction. Since he was shot accidentally by Gary, his body became heavier than usual. He was shot through his chest and his breathing becomes heavier as well. Just as Seo Jin was about to fire another shot at him, Seung Hun looked at him. Without saying nothing, the man quickly stepped up to shield him from the gunshot. There were two gunshots heard much to his surprise. First, he was surprised to see Seo Jin's hands shot by him despite of his condition. And lastly, he was more surprised and worried to see Seung Hun breathing heavier than him.
 
He wanted to take Seung Hun to the hospital as quickly as possible, but he couldn't move. He wanted to seek Gary's help, but Gary hit his head accidentally when he was surprised of the shot and is now unconscious. Seo Jin, whom he hit on both hands, couldn't even move as well. It was a piece of cake for him to do since he's a skilled shooter, but he couldn't let it be seen by Ji Hyo earlier. Back to his senses, Seung Hun and him looked at each other. The two of them were not close to begin with, but his heart shouted joy and pain when Seung Hun smiled at him. 
 
'Please remember this smile. I want you to send this to Ji Hyo when you see her again. That woman has been through a lot of stress, she needs someone who can make her smile. And that's why I am sending her this smile through you .. ' he stopped as he tries to hold more breath. 'But she also needs someone who will make her happy all her life, that's why I am sending you. Please be safe. I don't want my Song Ji Hyo lonely. It will kill me if she's unhappy. When you're almost on your way to give her this smile, I will watch over you two. And I will smile. And I will be happy.' 
 
Seung Hun told him those words without fading a smile. He couldn't utter a word, so he knows Seung Hun was really trying his best to communicate with him and he doesn't want the feeling it's giving. 'Kim Jong Kook, I know that you came from a good family, although this may sound a bit late.. I want you to know that I am happy to welcome you in our family. Please make her happy for me and for the both of you.' he said as his eyes shut momentarily, but he managed to hear the last words  he said, 'I will leave, so you must live.' before his own eyes closed by their own. 
 
He blinked again when he felt another liquid on his cheek. The feeling gave him goosebumps for he knows it wasn't Ji Hyo's but his. He looked at Ji Hyo and did what he had just recalled. To send Ji Hyo the smile Seung Hun wanted to send her. He smiled at her and Ji Hyo's face became wry. He knows the woman knows whom he's trying to imitate. "Ji Hyo-yah.." he called Ji Hyo's name which Ji Hyo took notice of. She smiled at him when he called her name, but her smiled disappeared and was changed into a loud sob when he asked, "Where is Seung Hun? I need to say 'Thank you' to him for saving my life." 
 
Ji Hyo hugged him tightly when she heard his question. He saw the three men who are close to him shaking their heads. They shake their heads without stopping until he realized its meaning. "D-don't tell me -- " he asked in disbelief, but he was answered by the three men's nod. Ji Hyo's hug became more tight when he couldn't continue what he wanted to say. He closed his eyes for he doesn't know how would he react knowing that the man who just had an open talk with him on the wrong time would be actually gone on that time. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.." he told Ji Hyo with his eyes closed as he slowly tapped her back.
 
A week later, Kim Jong Kook was able to recover. He's now back to his old healthy and strong condition. Jae Suk approached him inside the SPA office. He looked at Jae Suk who's in thoughts whether he'd tell Jong Kook something or not. "What is it?" he asked Jae Suk. "Jong Kook-ah, do you know Song Joong Ki?" he asked. Hearing the name, his reaction became dry. "What's with him?" he asked not caring. "He's actually with Song Ji Hyo." answered Jae Suk. "What?" he asked in a surprised reaction. "Back when you were in the hospital, Ji Hyo took care of Joong Ki." Jae Suk answered. "What?" he asked again. 
 
"I don't think he is a bad man." Jae Suk commented. "What?" Jong Kook asked the same question for the third time. "Give him a chance Jong Kook-ah." Jae Suk added. "Hyung, are you telling me to trust a man who tried to kill me not just once, but twice?" he asked with a pissed face. "Hyung, why did you side with that young man all of a sudden?" he asked. "He's sorry." Jae Suk answered him shortly but in a serious tone. Looking at Yu Jae Suk, he knows he has proven the young man's motive already. "I understand." he said as he dialed a number.
 
"Ji Hyo-yah.." he said when the line was connected. "Where are you?" he asked. "I'll be there in a while." he said when he heard that Ji Hyo is at home. Ji Hyo told him to just meet at a certain place, so he agreed. "I have something important to tell you." he said to his woman. "I don't know if you'll be mad at me about this, but I have been keeping secrets for such a long time now. I don't want to hide anymore. I want to show you what I am, how I am, and who I really am." he said in a serious tone before he put down the phone. He looked at Jae Suk and said with obvious seriousness in his eyes, "It's time."