The Beat

Seoul Searching

 


The sun is already shining brightly when she woke up. She touched her head when she felt a little pain. She was about to get off the bed, but she noticed something. Her eyes grew bigger when she saw that her clothes were changed. She hurriedly looked for the person who's responsible for her. She saw the person reading a newspaper while sitting on the couch near the bed. "Ya! Kim Jong Kook!" she shouted with all her might. Jong Kook looked at her without a reaction when he heard her shout. 
 
"Why did you change my clothes without my permission?" Ji Hyo asked him. "Because you are my responsibility. The smell won't be good if you rest like you were last night." Jong Kook answered. "So, you really changed my clothes?" Ji Hyo asked him with her face red. "As I told you, you're my responsibility." he said. "Ya! How could you be so heartless? Does that mean that you see... you see..." her words couldn't be finished, so he finished it with "Everything." Ji Hyo looked at him making her eyes bigger than usual. 
 
Kim Jong Kook couldn't hide his happiness with Ji Hyo's reaction. Her face blushed in front of him and the giddiness that he felt was priceless. He liked it so much knowing he was the reason behind Ji Hyo's blushing face. He was smiling to himself when he remembered what happened last night. He remembered he asked Ji Hyo about the unexplainable feeling that he is feeling towards her when he was caressing her beautiful face before he heard a soft knock on the door. He opened the door and saw a woman. The woman bowed at him. 
 
He was the one who called Shin Yi, the one responsible in the hotel, to help Ji Hyo changed her clothes. Although he feels tempted to do it, he doesn't have the urge to do it. He respects the woman so much, so he had called Shin Yi over the phone. "Good evening, Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi." greeted by the woman. He bowed at Shin Yi and pointed Ji Hyo. Shin Yi smiled at him. "Please stay out for a while. I'll change her clothes now." she said. He nodded and took a glimpse of Ji Hyo. "Please don't wake her up. Be careful and be gentle as much as possible." he said.
 
Shin Yi bowed at him lightly. She turned around to change Ji Hyo's outfit. "She is so beautiful in person." she exclaimed which made him halt his way towards the door. Shin Yi felt that he had stopped from walking, so she gave him a smile when she turned around to see him. "Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi, are you by any chance, attracted to Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi?" she asked teasingly. Jong Kook smiled at Shin Yi and asked, "How could that be?" he asked as he turned around. Shin Yi's smile on her face was gone. She shrugged her shoulders in the air and went to where Ji Hyo is lying.
 
He is now inside his room. 'Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi, are you by any chance, attracted to Ms. Song Ji Hyo?' This question has been running on his head for quite some time. He touched his chest where the heart is close and when he thought of Ji Hyo's blushing face, he felt the sudden change of speed of his heartbeat. "Is this unexplainable feeling called attraction?" he asked to himself. He sighed not knowing the answer to his question after he recalled what the famous actor Seung Hun said, 'You can't fall in love with Song Ji Hyo. Let me repeat that. You can't fall in love with Song Ji Hyo.'
 
Shin Yi knocked on his door, so he assumed that Shin Yi was able to change Ji Hyo's clothes already. He went as fast as he could when he saw Shin Yi nodding at him. The sleeping Song Ji Hyo is really pleasing in his eyes. He memorized her face structure when he sat near the bed where Ji Hyo is sleeping. He smiled at the thought of having Ji Hyo beside his bed every morning when he wakes up, every night when he sleeps, and every time of his every day. 'What are you thinking about Kim Jong Kook? She's your client. Be professional.' he thought to stop himself from daydreaming.
 
Ji Hyo ran towards the bathroom, so she could hide her embarrassment. Before she could reach the bathroom, a woman came out from the room. She was shocked when she saw the woman. She smiled naughtily when she thought of something. "Good morning, Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi. I am Shin Yi, the hotel's head manager. It's good to see your bright face on this bright morning." said Shin Yi. When Shin Yi was about to leave, she asked her something. Her naughty smile became more evident. 'Kim Jong Kook, you're so dead.' she told herself. 
 
When Shin Yi bid the two of them goodbye, she was left with Kim Jong Kook. She looked at Jong Kook who is looking at her without saying something. "Ya! Kim Jong Kook." she called his name. Jong Kook looked at her with an expression of 'What is it?' on his face. She smiled a little and told him, "Since I was 10 years old, only my mom and some women could see and touch my precious body. But now, you saw everything and I feel that life is treating me so unfair because of this." she said in a soft voice."So what do you want me to do? I was left alone to do that last night." Jong Kook said while trying to get the glass of water on the table near the couch. 
 
He was able to get the glass of water and took a gulp of it when Ji Hyo suddenly said, "I want to see your body, too. When I say body.. that means.. your everything.. including your... -- " He almost threw up all the water on his mouth at Ji Hyo when she lowered her gaze onto his sleeping buddy. "Ya! Song Ji Hyo! Where do you think you are looking?" he asked with a face turned red. Ji Hyo smiled at him sweetly, and by that, he felt his world had stopped revolving. "I like you when your face is so damn red, Mr. Kim Jong Kook-ssi." she said to him while sticking her tongue out. Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were both surprised with their gestures. They looked at each other without saying anything. However, both of them could definitely hear the sound of their hearts beating fastly.