The Prologue

Seoul Searching

 

 
POHANG AIRPORT. 
 
"What?" a loud voice was heard inside the airport. Her boyfriend looked at her feeling sorry. "But you promise you'll be with me today. It's your off, right?" she said to her boyfriend who happens to be the son of a famous politician, a skilled fighter, and a very prominent man, Kang Gary. "Song Ji Hyo, I'm sorry. I just need to attend to some important matters." he told her. "Don't you consider me as an important matter, too?" she asked trying to make him guilty, but it didn't affect him. 
 
Gary glared at her when she tried to appear pitiful just for her to have his time. "Ji Hyo-yah, you don't need to act like that. It won't do anything. You should hear me out first, okay? I'll come and follow you in Seoul. Just go there first and rest. I have already talked to Seung Hun about this. Please understand." Gary told her. He pulled her to give her a hug, and Ji Hyo hugged him back. "When will you arrive in Seoul?" she asked her charming boyfriend. "As soon as I can, I'll be there. I'll call you." he said. 
 
She waved goodbye to Gary before she boarded the plane from Pohang to Seoul. When she turned around, a tear fell from her eye. She thought that it really feels good to have someone who has everything, but it could have been better if that someone has all his time for her. Selfish it might sound, but she's only a woman. And she wants to spend time with the man she loves, but unfortunately, her man for a year and a half never had that time for her. ''How nice it is to be loved by an ordinary man.'' she murmered to herself before she closed her eyes beside her plane seatmate. 
 
It has been a week, but Gary is still not calling her. She checked her mobile phone and scanned the phone logs. She saw her dial box with 82 attempts of calling her boyfriend, but those calls weren't answered. She checked her sent items only to find out that her 51 text messages weren't answered as well. She threw her phone on the bed and lied down. She sighed thinking about the numerous time that this situation had happened. She felt like she needed some air, so she got up and went oustide to feel the wind.
 
She walked and walked without knowing where she's going. When she got tired, she sat at the coast of the famous Han River. The coolness of the wind gave her peace of mind. She was about to close her eyes to feel more wind, but she heard footsteps coming towards her. She looked at the direction and saw a familiar face. The familiar face smiled at her. She was blank as to why the man seemed to know her, but her blankness was cut when he was asked by the man. "Excuse me. Do you know the way to Namsan Tower?" She stared blankly at the man with a solid face structure. "Excuse me?" 
 
She turned away when the man called her attention. She shook her head as a response. The man was smart enough to get what she meant, so he bowed at her lightly. "Thank you." he told her. The man left her in awe. Her heart thumped a beat, so she scolded herself. 'Ya! What was that thumping?' she asked herself. She closed her eyes as what she was planning to do earlier. Just then, the moment she opened her eyes, the sun is already gone and it's the moon who's greeting her. She wandered around and saw no one. 
 
She walked her way home, but she doesn't know the way. She checked for her phone, but she remembered that she left it on her bed. The silence of the night makes her worry. She's not familiar with the environment and she doesn't have anything with her. She continued walking until she reached a small cafe. She wanted to order, but she doesn't have her purse. She wanted to use the phone, but she doesn't know how she will pay for its service. She sighed and turned around when she saw the man again. 
 
She took time to get some courage, and when she was able to get it, she approached the man who approached her earlier. The man looked at her when she appeared in front of him all of a sudden. She bowed lightly to the man and started to say what she wanted to say, "Excuse me, but could you please lend me your mobile phone? I lost my way, and I don't have any thing with me." The man looked at her again. He looked at her from head to toe. "Is this your way of asking me out for the night?" he asked. 
 
Her eyes grew bigger upon hearing his question. "Huh?" she asked. "I already know your cover, Miss." he told her. "Ya!" she yelled at him. "I don't think you need to do this kind of job. With your looks and body, you can get all the man you want." he added. The woman looked at her angrily. Just as she saw the glass of water on his table, she grabbed it and poured it to him. The warm water is now all over his face. "You should know how to watch your mouth like how you watch those muscles of yours."
 
"Just so you know, I am lost. I don't know the way home, so I am seeking for your help since I answered your question earlier. And you know what? My cover? Huh. Cover your face. Oh, thanks anyway. May you find that woman who will ask you out for tonight." she said continuously. He smiled at her guts. He put his handcuffs on her much to her surprise. "Then you should explain yourself to us." he said while looking at her blank face. "Ya! Ya! Let go of me! What do you think are you doing? Ya! Ya!" she yelled non-stop. Jong Kook looked at her showing his toothpaste-commercial-film-like smile.