The Effect

Seoul Searching
Song Ji Hyo came rushing to the hospital when she heard what happened. A while ago, when she returned the call, the caller told her that her man was shot and is now in a critical condition. She arrived at the hospital and was surprised to see six persons outside the emergency room. The six people looked at her curiously. She bowed at them without her knowing why her head automatically bowed down. "How is Kim Jong Kook-ssi doing?" she asked them worriedly. "He is an agent under your agency, right? Could you please tell me how's he's doing? I am his girlfriend, Song Ji Hyo." she said introducing herself. 
 
The six SPA men looked at one another before they looked at her. "Kim Jong Kook is under operation. He was shot with a gun without bullets. The blank gun still made an impact. He bled all over. He'll be fine soon. Don't worry. Kim Jong Kook is a tough man." the oldest of them all told her. Her tears fell when she heard what he said. "I hope. How did he end up here?" she asked them confused. "Because he was on his way to meet you." a scary looking man told her making her feel guilty. "H-hyung.." another man spoke. 
 
The two men left the place without saying goodbye to her. The only thing they did was looked at her while her head was bowed down. She doesn't know why she felt some worries about the way they stare at her. It's as if she has done something wrong to Kim Jong Kook that's why he was in the emergency room, but she thought 'Come to think of it, if he wasn't on his way to meet me, he would not have gotten himself into this manner. How stupid you are Song Ji Hyo for thinking that too late.' to herself while her head was down. 
 
The four men hurried their way to where the doctor is. The doctor went out from the emergency room and it's a sign that the operation was already over. She saw them right in front of the doctor, blocking her way. She tried to move closer to hear what the doctor will say, but a man wearing eyeglasses, stopped her. "Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi, I wish you'd understand that we'd love to hear his condition first before you." he said politely. She nodded to the seemingly kind-hearted man. "We'll let you know what we'll know." he added.
 
It has been weeks since Kim Jong Kook has been comatosed inside his own private room. She remembered how the man with the eyeglasses told her about her man's condition. The doctor told them that he's already out of danger, however, he's still unconscious. It will take him weeks to be fully recovered. She's thankful that her man's bosses and co-agents were there to support him as if he was a real member of the family. She's inside the room where Jong Kook is lying when she saw his index and middle fingers moved a little. 
 
She smiled openly when she saw him moved. "Kim Jong Kook Oppa." she called his name with teary eyes. Kim Jong Kook slowly opened his eyes and looked at her blankly. She smiled at him happily thinking that he'll really be well anytime soon. "Kim Jong Kook Oppa.." she uttered his name again and hugged him. Jae Suk, Ha Ha, Kwang Soo, and Suk Jin witnessed her hugging the-now-conscious Kim Jong Kook. They looked at one another and smiled seeing their youngest boss back to being stable once again. 
 
Kim Jong Kook stared at the woman who hugged him. His peripheral vision caught the images of their agency's top agents. He smiled looking at them, but his smile disappeared when he saw the smiling woman's pretty face again. "How are you now?" she asked him with her perfect smile. He moved his hand and touched her face. He moved her face from side to side, but he doesn't know why he did it to the woman in front of her. He looked at his agents again and saw them anticipating his reaction. "Who are you?" he asked the woman all of a sudden. 
 
"Ya! Kim Jong Kook. What are you doing? Are you joking?" she asked him with a forced smile. His forehead scrunched once again. "Hyung, what is she saying?" he asked Yu Jae Suk. Jae Suk signaled Suk Jin to take Ji Hyo out of the room which the oldest agent followed. "W-w-why?" the woman asked the oldest agent of them in confusion. He looked at Jae Suk with the same confusion as well. "Please excuse us for a while, Kim Jong Kook-ssi." said Jae Suk as he followed Suk Jin and the woman outside his private patient room. 
 
Song Ji Hyo was stunned to hear that Kim Jong Kook has a selective amnesia. The kind-hearted man informed them that selective amnesia is a  loss of memory for a group of related events but not for other events occurring during the same period of time. And it's too unfortunate for Song Ji Hyo since she was the last person or something about her was the last thing on his mind before he ran out of his consciousness. She felt her world stopped spinning when she heard it and it almost made her fall, but the tallest agent caught her. 
 
SPA Head Yu Jae Suk looked at the woman whom his boss loves the most. He sighed thinking why the two of them should be separated for a while like this. "I am sorry if I will be rude, Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi, but I think it will be better if you will not force yourself to be remembered by Kim Jong Kook-ssi. Let him remember you by his own, I think it will be good for him, for you, and for the two of you." Jae Suk, who didn't introduce himself, told her. She's trying to compose herself even if it's hurting her inside, but she's smart enough to know that what he said was true, so she organized her thoughts. 
 
"I understand. Please take care of him while I am away. I'll give him a month or two, but if he can't still seem to remember me, please don't forbid me of what I'll do, no matter how good or bad it might be." she told him while staring straight into his eyes. Inside her car, where she's sobbing loudly, she remembered his last words to her - "Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi, no matter what, please let him introduce himself to you even if it kills you being blue." 'Alright, if things won't work out well, I'll remind you where we started to be together, where we started to share this wonderful feeling, I will remind you.. through Seoul.. Seoul searching..' she told herself after she was able to redeem the energy she lost in the situation she's in and started driving her car out of the hospital.