The City

Seoul Searching

 


SEOUL. 
 
After a long time of traveling, they arrived at their destination - the rich city of Seoul. Song Ji Hyo saw the tired Kim Jong Kook. She knows he's tired of driving for hours. She opened her backpack, took her mineral water with her, and gave it to her personal bodyguard. "Here." she said while offering the bottled mineral water. Jong Kook looked at the mineral water and looked at her. He told her nothing while he pointed at his bottled water. Ji Hyo smiled at Jong Kook and said, "Don't you even know how to say "Thank you?"".
 
She got off from the car which was parked near the coast. It's winter, so it is no wonder that the cool breeze of the wind welcomed her. The cold wind and the sound of the waves are still the same.  She let her eyes wander around the winter coast. She opened up her arms and embraced the coolness of the wind. She closed her eyes and yelled, "Where are you now? Can you hear me? I am here where we used to be. The place is still the same, but you are not here. Where are you now? Please let me hear you call my name." 
 
"I wish you were with me. I wish we could always be together always and forever." These were the words he heard by Song Ji Hyo's whisper. He heard her scream earlier, and he had heard her whispered her wish when he got closer to her. He is still looking at the woman whom he knows is crying inside. Seoul is too big and looking for a man all over this big city is like looking for a needle in a haystack. He continued to look at her until the woman caught him looking at her. 
 
Song Ji Hyo smiled at him. Her open arms are still in the air. She faced Jong Kook and asked him to give her a hug. "Would you mind if you hug me?" she asked. He went blank when he heard her question. Before he could answer, she said, "I know you would decline. It's okay, never mind." Ji Hyo turned around and closed her eyes again, still feeling the coldness of the winter coast. "We used to go here when we were dating. This place gives me lots of memories to remember. Do you think he still remember me?" she asked with her eyes closed. 
 
Jong Kook didn't utter a word. He just keeps his gaze at the woman whom he has to take really good care of. "Do you think he still think of me? Like I think of him? Do you think he regret not seeing me a month before our wedding? Do you think he'll come back to see me again?" Ji Hyo asked without a pause. He listened well to all her questions. He can feel the heaviness of Ji Hyo's feelings. He moved an inch closer to where Ji Hyo is and he was taken aback when Ji Hyo stepped inches forward. 
 
Ji Hyo opened her eyes and was stunned to see Jong Kook's face near her face. She felt her face blushed when she felt Jong Kook's breath. She knows that Jong Kook was as stunned as her. She doesn't want Jong Kook to think that she's uncomfortable, so she didn't take her stare away from him. Jong Kook might have thought the same thing as neither one of them wants to look away. They have been looking at each other for quite some time now without saying a word. 
 
The wind must have been so playful that its strong blow made Ji Hyo's stand unstable, but Jong Kook's reflexes were so quick that he was able to get a hold of Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo felt embarrassed when Jong Kook held her waist, and it made the two of them stumbled. As if it was a scene in a drama, Ji Hyo ended up on Jong Kook's chest. She didn't know that Jong Kook could actually reverse their position. Her heart beats really fast when she saw the way Jong Kook looks at her. "I'm sorry." she uttered and she quickly gets up from their state. 
 
Jong Kook bowed at Ji Hyo when both of them were able to stand again. "Let's go." said Ji Hyo. "We'll head to the hotel where we will stay." she added. Ji Hyo walked passed him, so he was able to get a look from the woman who made his heart increased its beat earlier. It was his first time feeling that kind of beat while he's on duty. 'You can't fall in love with Song Ji Hyo. Let me repeat that. You can't fall in love with Song Ji Hyo.' words reminded him when he saw a picture of Song Seung Hun on one of the buses that passes by on the road near the coast. 
 
Inside the car, Ji Hyo doesn't let herself blink while looking for the man who dumped her. She's hoping that she can find him in Seoul, their favorite place. She was too focused on the road that she didn't notice his intense stare at her using the car's rear-view mirror. He's curious as to why Ji Hyo is still looking for the man who had never shown since he disappeared. He looks at the road that they are taking. He doesn't know where their destination is, but Ji Hyo just told them to drive and drive until they get a result. 
 
"Please stop the car." Ji Hyo requested Jong Kook all of a sudden. Jong Kook granted her request, so he stopped the car on the corner of the road. Ji Hyo got off from the car and asked Jong Kook to get out of it. Although he was unaware of the situation, he followed Ji Hyo's request. "Let me drive, so you can rest for a while." she told him. His heart beats faster than usual when he heard her spoke the reason on why she had requested him to stop the car all of a sudden. 
 
It didn't occur to him that Ji Hyo would still see him stretching his arms due to long hours of driving, but before he can say a thing, Ji Hyo's eyes grew bigger. He turned around to see where she's looking at and a figure of a man appeared on his eyes. The man, who's not aware that he and Ji Hyo are looking at him, is busy talking with someone else. Just then, when he looked back at Ji Hyo, she is now making her way to the man across the street without noticing a bus passing by. His eyes widened just as he shouted, "Song Ji Hyo!!!"