The Beginning

Seoul Searching

 

 
Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo were both startled with what they heard. Both of them could feel the pumping of their hearts without each one of them knowing. Silence ensued them, but Ji Hyo was brave enough to break it. "Did you just call me Song Ji Hyo?" she asked him. Jong Kook nodded at her. She smiled at Jong Kook's honesty. "Why?" she smilingly asked again. "Nothing special." he answered. Her smile disappeared when she heard his answer. She was disappointed when she heard his answer and she knows the reason why. 
 
"Excuse me." she said excusing herself from the situation where she thought she wouldn't be in. Jong Kook blocked her way, so she looked up to the man who is now so close to her. Because Jong Kook is taller than her, her eyes met his eyes right away. She choked feeling the heatness of her face once again. Jong Kook, on the other side, is still looking at her. "I said excuse me." she said still looking at the man who's eyes are set on her. "Where are you going?" he asked. "I'm going to eat." she said with a lie. "We are going to eat." he said emphasizing the word 'we' before he let Ji Hyo walked out of the door. 
 
They went to the hotel's cafeteria without any difficulty. "Did you memorize the rooms in this hotel?" she asked Jong Kook for he was the one who guided her through the cafeteria. "It is my duty." he answered. Soon enough they arrived at the cafeteria, so Jong Kook ordered Ji Hyo the food that she wanted. But, when the food was all set on the table, Ji Hyo's serious look at the food caught his attention. "Why? Don't you like the food?" he asked. Ji Hyo shook her head. "What's the problem, then?" he asked again. 
 
Ji Hyo smiled a little. "I used to eat this food with him." she answered and he didn't know why her answered pained him. Ji Hyo looked at him and asked, "Do you think there'll be a chance for us to eat this food together again?" Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo who is now looking at him seriously while trying to control her tears. "Kim Jong Kook-ssi, where shall I start looking for my man?" this time she asked it while in tears. Jong Kook looked at the crying Ji Hyo. He's so curious as to why seeing Ji Hyo cries makes his heart beats in pain.
 
Jong Kook offered the glass of bottle to Ji Hyo. Ji Hyo shook her head. "Can you please get me an Iced Americano?" she asked Jong Kook which he followed right away. When Jong Kook was still in line to buy an Iced Americano, she used it to run away from him. She ran as fast as she could, but she ended up somewhere she doesn't know. The city where they are is so noisy. No wonder it's called one of the busiest places in the world. She bit her lip when she remembered that she forgot her purse inside the room. 
 
She saw a waiting shed, so she sat down. She leaned her heard on the wall and started to think about things. She closed her eyes as her vision of what happened to her in the past enveloped her mind. Her thoughts of the past were neglected by her mind, so she started to think about how she ended up with Jong Kook in Seoul. Her father was the one who told her to pursue what she likes the most in the world even if she swallows her pride. Her dad inspired her to fight and look for the love of her life that is being lost for some reason. 
 
The person, whom she considered the greatest love of her life, was actually her second boyfriend. Her boyfriend used to be with her all the time. Even if the man was not wealthy, he has the guts to face her parents. She knows having that man in her life could make her really happy for she believes that finding a good man is better than having a rich man since a rich man can't buy the happiness and the faithfulness that a good man can give, however, her belief was shattered when her boyfriend dumped her before she could even walk down the aisle with him as the groom and the only man whom she'll be with forever.
 
She opened her eyes and saw a familiar face. The owner of the face makes her hearts beats differently again. She wanders her eyes and saw a familiar place. It is her room, so she looked back at him. "How did you find me?" she asked. Jong Kook smiled at him and answered, "I just know you'll be there."he said. "How?" she added. "That's the only path you can take when you're new to this place." he answered. Ji Hyo looked away when she heard the answer. 
 
"I see. Anyway, you can have a one-day off. I'll just stay here in the room. So, please tell me where you want to go." Ji Hyo told him when she heard his answer. He got confused as to why she asked him to have a day off when he was tasked to be her personal bodyguard. Ji Hyo, whom he put on the rocking chair when he saw her sleeping on the waiting shed, looked at him again. "You can go wherever you want to go. Just tell me where." she told him on a serious tone. He smiled when he looked at her. 
 
'You must have liked having a day off.' she thought to herself when she looked at him smiling like crazy. Jong Kook is still all smile when he was looking at her. "Are you that happy to have an off?" she asked curiously. Jong Kook smiled at her again. His smile is making her guilty of thinking about the man in front of her rather than the man who had dumped her. "Can I go wherever I want to go? And can I just go there alone?" Jong Kook asked in excitement. She nodded at Jong Kook as she said, "Don't worry, you'll just go there alone. You have my approval." "So, where do you want to go?" she asked one more time. Jong Kook looked at her and came closer to where the rocking chair where she's sitting is. "I-I want to go... --" he stopped his sentence and moved more closer to the surprised Ji Hyo as he spoke with his toothpaste-commercial-film-like smile once again- "in your heart."