The Deep Water

Seoul Searching

 

 
Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo let go of their intertwined hands when they almost reached the food junction near the Flume Ride. They smiled at each other before they walked towards the eight people who are waiting for them. Song Ji Hyo was welcomed back by her father with a hug.  "Happy Birthday, my daughter." She bowed at her father after she hugged him. She hugged her mother afterwards. "Happy Birtday." her mother said. Seung Hun and Gary were looking at her when she looked back at them.
 
"Let's go the next location." said Seung Hun. Ji Hyo smiled at him. "Where is it?" she asked. "The next location will sure bring us fun." Seung Hun continued not answering her question. "But, she seemed to have enjoyed already." Gary butted in. She looked at Gary and smiled, "Do you think so?" Gary gave her a look, but she didn't mind. She looked at Jong Kook who is now in the table with his co-SPA agents. She can see SPA Head Jae Suk, Jong Kook, Ha Ha, Gwang Soo, and Suk Jin discussing about some things seriously. 
 
Her parents came near her when she was looking at her man. "Ji Hyo-yah, is there a need for you to look for that man here in Seoul?" Mr. Song asked. She was surprised with her father's question. She looked at her father who is now looking at Kim Jong Kook. "I've known you more than anyone else, Ji Hyo-yah. I just have to remind you this once again. Make sure that you'll be careful if you don't want your bodyguard to lose his job." "D-dad..." she called. "You are blooming Ji Hyo-yah, do you have something to tell us?" her mother asked. 
 
Before she could tell something to her parents, Seung Hun appeared in front of them. "Let's go Uncle, Aunt, Ji Hyo-yah. The car is ready." he told them. Seung Hun signaled his bodyguards, so the SPA staff stood up quickly. "Ji Hyo will take the car of Kang Gary." he added. Ji Hyo looked at her parents and they nodded back at her. She looked at Gary who is so excited to have a drive with her. "Let's go, then." she said. "Ji Hyo-yah, we can't go to the next location anymore. We do have an urgent meeting." said her father. 
 
"Why is that meeting all of a sudden, Dad?" she asked while puffing her cheeks. "Ji Hyo-yah, your dad said it's urgent." her mother answered her. "Just have fun with them, okay? Your cousin will take good care of you. Let's just celebrate your birthday when you get back at home." Mrs. Song continued. "But Mom, I am staying here in Seoul." she whined. "Then shall we stop the meeting with 2,500 staffs for your birthday?" said Mrs. Song. She sighed and told her parents, "All right. See you when I see you, then. Take care. I love you two." she told them. 
 
A while after her parents left the amusement park with Yu Jae Suk, she was assisted by Gary. He showed her the way towards the parking lot where her car was also parked. Seung Hun and his three bodyguards went to a different way to go to the site where his car was parked. Gary opened his car's door for her when they reached the said parking area. She opened Gary's backseat door and told Jong Kook to come in to Gary's surprise. "He should be with us since he's my bodyguard." she said to the surprised Gary. 
 
Kang Gary is the first boyfriend of Song Ji Hyo. He is a son of a rich politician. He is known as a person who is skilled at fighting. He went to the United States when Ji Hyo and him broke up and came back to Seoul a week ago. - These were some of the information that he got from the SPA Database. Gary is now sitting beside his woman. "Ji Hyo-yah, I heard your boyriend after me dumped you a month before your wedding." he said all of a sudden. "Do you think we can be together again?" he looked at Ji Hyo when he asked the question. 
 
Ji Hyo looked at Gary. She gave him a little smile. "You know that's not possible, Gary-yah." she answered. "What made you say it's not possible? That man doesn't have the guts to come to you. He had dumped you, so why won't it be possible for you to just forget that man?" Gary asked her. "There must be a reason why he's not coming to me yet. And I want to know that reason." she told him. "You dumped me because of that man, but that man dumped you. Don't you think it's a sign that you two are not meant to be together?" he asked again. 
 
"Gary-yah, let's not talk about him." she requested. Ji Hyo looked at Jong Kook. He smiled back at her. When Ji Hyo turned away, he saw Gary's glare at him through the rearview mirror. He smiled at the glaring Kang Gary which made the latter stopped the car. "What's the matter?" Ji Hyo asked when Gary halted to drive. "I'm tired. Let that bodyguard of yours drive for us." he hissed. Jong Kook heard him, so he got off from the car. Gary smirked and drove the car away leaving him dumbfounded standing on a street unknown to him. 
 
"Ya! Kang Gary! What do you think you are doing?" Song Ji Hyo shouted at Gary when he started the car's engine leaving Kim Jong Kook standing on the street. "Stop the car!" she yelled, but her words fell on deaf ears. "I said stop the car!" she screamed again. "If you won't stop the car, I'll jump." she angrily shouted at Gary. Gary heard her yelling at him angrily, so he stopped the car. "Why the hell do you care about that stupid bodyguard of yours?" he asked madly that made Ji Hyo glared at him.
 
"Be careful of your words. He is not just a stupid bodyguard of mine. Kim Jong Kook is my boyfriend. Do you hear it? Kim Jong Kook is my man!" she shouted as an answer to Gary's question. She got off from the car and spoke to him these words "Let me repeat myself. Kim Jong Kook is not just my bodyguard. Kim Jong Kook is my man, so don't you dare ruin our relationship again, Kang Gary-ssi." as she slammed the car's door of the furious Kang Gary. Gary looked at her ran towards Jong Kook's direction as he uttered with a smirk, "We'll see."