The Real Cause

Seoul Searching

 

 

Kim Jong Kook scrunched his forehead when he saw Song Ji Hyo crying. He doesn't know why he feels that a part of him is crying seeing her cry. He hugged Ji Hyo tightly as she sobs freely. "Jong Kook Oppa, why couldn't you remember me?" Ji Hyo asked him while her face is facing his chest. He choked feeling different emotions. "Of all people, why did you choose to dump me out of your mind?" she asked again. "Am I the one responsible of what you're experiencing now?" he heard her asked and he wonders why he felt guilty hearing her question. 
 
Song Ji Hyo let go of Kim Jong Kook's tight hug. She looked in his much confused eyes as she asked, "Didn't you love me that much that you were able to forget all of me? Am I the one responsible for this, Kim Jong Kook?" she asked him again. This time, her tears are flowing like a faucet left open. "Ji Hyo-yah.. don't do this to me. I-I-I really can not understand what you're saying.. even.. myself." he told her making her sob in silence while looking at him. "Ji Hyo-yah, I'm sorry. I love you." he said as he hugged her tight once again.
 
Just as he said the words to comfort his woman, Jong Kook's vision became blurry. 'Ji Hyo-yah, I'm sorry. I love you.' "Jong Kook Oppa, are you okay?" Ji Hyo, who's still in tears, asked him when he touched his forehead only seconds after he hugged her. His head cries in pain, but he doesn't know why he can't scream the pain out. "Jong Kook Oppa - - Jong Kook Oppa --" he can hear Ji Hyo's voice clearly, but her face couldn't be seen by him vividly. "Kim Jong Kook Oppa. This is Song Ji Hyo. --" "Kim Jong Kook Oppa. This is Song Ji Hyo --".
 
He felt his body touched the ground as his vision is still unclear. He felt as if this has had happened to him in the past. Just as he was trying to control his eyes from closing, a strange scene appeared on his mind. When he felt that he fell on his knees, he felt like he had already saw darkness. "Kim Jong Kook Oppa. This is Song Ji Hyo. --" "Kim Jong Kook Oppa. This is Song Ji Hyo --". Hearing her words again gave him an instant slide show of what really happened to him on that night. It all started when he came out from their mansion and saw an unfamiliar car. It's new to their place, so he knew something is wrong there for he knows who lives in their area.
 
He didn't put on a malice for he thought he was just there trying to dig in information about their very private family, so he headed his way to where the woman he'd marry in a month is waiting on a live press conference. He had decided to tell her the truth about his real identity as he doesn't want her to be kept in the dark. However, he noticed that the unfamiliar car that he saw earlier kept on following him, so he chose the narrow and steep road as a place to confront the man. He bumped his car to the man's car as he got off quickly to face him. 
 
"Who are you?" he asked pointing his gun on the young man who dared to follow him. He spotted the young man's gun sitting on its passenger seat, but he pretended not to know. Seeing the man inside the car didn't make him a bit nervous at all for he knows that no one is much capable than him. The SPA is known for its fierceness and toughness, so messing with him was a very very big mistake. "Are you following me?" he asked pretentiously. "I'm not." said the young man inside the car. He wanted to pretend until the end, but his hot-headed temperament visited him again. "Don't take me for a fool, young man."
 
When he realized it's so stupid for him to stoop on the incapable young man's level, he decided to cut the stupidity and go to where Ji Hyo is waiting as soon as he can. However, before he could even take a step back to his car, the young man provoked him by saying things that he doesn't really want others to meddle with, especially if it concerns about his precious woman, Song Ji Hyo. Just then, trying to test the water, he attacked him first after he heard a confirmation of the young man's mission from the young man's mouth himself. 
 
Since he's confident enough that the young man is not as fierce nor as tough as he is, he pretended and fought him with pretension. The first few minutes of their 20-minute fight, he examined and identified who the young man is. The young man is so agile and enthusiastic. Seeing this man, he knows he's only assigned either a-day assassin or a-week assassin, and that the man is totally an amateur. Then, as he had expected, the young man tried to put his gun on his head, but he was quick to defend himself. He even managed to tell the young man, "You'll definitely regret messing with me, young man." 
 
He was about to stun the young man to teach him a lesson for playing games he shouldn't play, but his woman called him. He knew it's his woman for the special ringtone that he assigned whenever she'll communicate with him was both heard by him and the young man. He looked at the young man and looked to where his phone was ringing. He let go of the young man to answer Ji Hyo's call, but before he could say anything about his whereabouts, the young man placed the gun at the back of his head. He then decided to utter words he'd tell Ji Hyo about tonight, "Ji Hyo-yah, I'm sorry. I love you." before he ended the call. 
 
Before he could even face the young man, the young man was quick enough to pull the trigger of the gun on the side of his forehead. He fell on his feet scolding himself as to why he played along with the silly games the young man was playing, but he rejected that thought when he thought of seeing his assassin as a pure and kind-hearted man when he looked him in the eyes. He murmured the name of his woman when he started to see darker things which are darker than darkness. When he felt that the young man will be looking at him, he pretended to be unconscious. 
 
The young man dialed his boss's number as he heard the person on the other line. He overheard their short conversation which ended with, "I'm so proud of you. Good job Song Joong Ki!". His eyes were still closed even if the young man, whose name is Song Joong Ki, had already been gone. 'Song Joong Ki, I wonder what you'll do when you found out that you have just fired me with an empty gun.' he thought to himself remembering how he was able to remove all the bullets from Joong Ki's hand when he held Joong Ki's hand at the back during their encounter earlier.
 
He felt the thick liquid flowing from the side of his forehead, but his body became numb, so he couldn't do a thing. Feeling the blood all over his side, he uttered words as if he knew all the consequences that will bring him apart from his Song Ji Hyo due to the earlier clash with Song Joong Ki. So, these words were murmured before he, Kim Jong Kook, lost his consciousness totally.- 'Song Ji Hyo-yah, I will not die. What shot me was only a recoil. Don't worry about me, Song Ji Hyo-yah. This is just temporary, I'll be back to you soon, and we'll be together permanently. My Song Ji Hyo-yah, please wait for me.'