The Daughter

Seoul Searching

 

 
"Song Ji Hyo! Song Ji Hyo! Song Ji Hyo!" screams were heard outside the hotel room and the hotel itself when they heard that the daughter of the top business man in East Asia will be getting married in a month to an ordinary man. When the news broke out, many people were surprised to hear it. The heiress of the Song Eduphone Incorporated, a publishing company that has made a name in Asia in a very short time, will only wed a commoner. They have never thought that this kind of luck can also happen in reality. 
 
Song Ji Hyo is not an actress nor a show business personality, however, because of her parent's popularity, she became an instant celebrity. People said that Ji Hyo can make it through the limelight for she has the beauty and the brain, but then her famous father and mother don't allow her to do it. If her father is known all over Asia, her mother was a well-known commercial film (CF) model. Her mother stopped filming commercials when she married her father who was just a normal guy way back then. 
 
There were so many faces that she could see inside the hotel room and she was not used to it. She didn't know why her father had asked her to do the press conference of her upcoming wedding. She almost got blinded by the camera flashes, but remembering what her mother told her, she did what she wanted her to do - to be just herself. She smiles at the reporters who are very curious about her. This is the first time that she'll do a press conference without knowing the reason. She is just thankful that her parents allowed her to marry the man she loves in exchange of this live interview.
 
"Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi, how do you feel being here?" asked one of the reporters. She looked at the reporter and answered, "I'm nervously fine." She saw that the reporter who asked her blushed when she smiled at him brightly after she answered his question. "We are curious Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi, why did you just come out tonight? Is there a special reason for you doing this press conference?" asked one of the reporters standing at the back corner of the first reporter who had asked her. She was seen blank by the question.
 
"Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi.. Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi.." a lady called her from the back. "Ah ahjumma --" she said when she realized she was watching the television again. It has been a month since she has been watching the said recorded interview. It was her first interview and she promised herself that she will never ever do another live interview again. "Mr. Song is looking for you. He's in the living room waiting for you." said Bong Sun who has been serving the Song family for almost three decades now. "Please tell Dad that I'll be there in a while." said she.
 
She pressed the fast forward button of the remote control and stopped at the scene where she was asked about something. "There's this one of the two quotes that I like, "One day, you'll be surprised to see yourself smiling at the thought of caring for someone so much who used to be just an ordinary person." She smiled a little when she heard what she had said before. Her smile became bitter when she thought of something. She was there to announce that she'll wed a normal guy, but the wedding didn't take place at all. 
 
She was about to press another button when she heard "Ms. Song Ji Hyo-ssi -- " coming from Bong Sun again. She sighed deeply and nodded at the faithful nanny of hers. She followed Bong Sun and saw her dad waiting for her exactly as what the ahjumma said. "Hi Dad!" she greeted in a low tone of voice. "Are you watching again?" asked Mr. Song. "Yes, I am." she answered honestly. "What for? That man -- " she cut her dad's sentence by saying, "Dad, could you please allow me to find him?" 
 
Her father seemed surprised with her question. "Why? Have you forgotten what he did to you?" asked Mr. Song. "I want to know his reason for doing that, Dad." she answered. "You will just be hurt, Ji Hyo-ya." said her father. "I've always been hurting since he left me, Dad." she said in a soft-mannered voice. Her father sighed. He loves his only daughter  so much that he can't say 'no' to all her demands and pleas. "All right. But, you need to promise me something." Ji Hyo's eyes became alive again, so she hurriedly asked her dad what it is before her mother hears them and asks her dad to change his mind. 
 
"I'll hire you a very professional bodyguard." said Mr. Song. "But, Dad --" her sentence was cut this time when her father butted in - "Take it or leave it?" She pouted her lips in front of her dad which made her dad sigh. "That's the only condition that you need to do if you want to find the man who had dumped you." said the ever-supportive father of hers. "I'll be getting you a bodyguard from the Security Protection Agency (SPA) as soon as possible, so you can go back to being you once again as soon as possible." 
 
She nodded at her dad. "Please hire the best one, Dad." she asked. "I definitely will." Mr. Song affirmed her. "Make sure that you'll be careful, so your bodyguard will not lose his precious job, okay?" "Dad?" she said in a cute way. "Thank you, Dad." she told him as she hugged him tight. "What will you do first, then?" her father asked scooping for an information. "I'll meet the best bodyguard of SPA, so we can start searching... -" "What kind of searching would that be?" She smiled at her father and answered, "I'll find him in Seoul, Dad. My bodyguard and I will do the Seoul Searching."