Chapter 35

In Love With My Cousin

The next day, since it’s weekend, Sungyeol didn’t go to Myungsoo house instead he only stay in his room, surfing the internet. He logged in into his facebook and accidentally Myungsoo’s status shown on his timeline.

                ‘Always one step behind….. – feeling sad L

                Suddenly Sungyeol felt sad too. Since last night he didn’t contact Myungoo because he know Myungsoo need some time. Sungyeol stared at his phone while reread Myungsoo’s status over and over again.

                “Maybe I should watsapp him?” he asked himself before he open watsapp application in his phone and typing something to Myungsoo. Before he finish typing suddenly, he thought about something, “What if he don’t reply me later?” he said to himself sadly. He erase his message on the watsapp, “But… at least he can see my effort to reconcile with him,” he said to himself again. He end up typing again the message before and sent it to Myungsoo.

               

                Myungsoo grabbed his phone when his phone vibrated on the table. He looked at his phone and surprised when he see Sungyeol sent watsapp to him.

                ‘Myunggie~ are you okay now? I saw you facebook status just now, don’t feel sad Myunggie. I’m here for you…’

                Myungoo smile to himself while reading Sungyeol’s watsapp. He’s about to reply before suddenly a thought popped up in his mind, “I shouldn’t reply him. I still not ready to face him.”

 

                Sungyeol stared at his phone, ‘the tick changed from a single tick to double tick and now it changed to blue! That’s mean Myungsoo already read my message. But why he didn’t reply me? is he still sulking at me?” Sungyeol pouted at his own thought. He put his phone on the bedside table and pulled his blanket until his head. He need to stay away from the reality for a while. He closed his eyes and fall asleep a few minutes later.

                Myungsoo stay in his room for the next three days, only come out for eating and when his parents need him. He stay away from Sungyeol becaue he can’t bear his broken heart. He would go to his room if Sungyeol and Woohyun came to his house. He know he hurt Sungyeol but he is hurting too. However he is thankful toward Sungyeol for not disturb him for the past 3 days. Although he is hurting, he is dying to see Sungyeol but his ego wont allow him to go and see Sungyeol.

*knock*knock*

                Myungsoo looked up from his book when he heard a knocking on the door.

                “Yes? Wait a minute~” he said and walk toward the door. He open the door, he almost closed the door back when he saw the person behind Hoya.

                “What you want Howon-ah?” he said, ignored Sungyeol behind his baby brother.

                “I want you two to talk right now. You need to hear Yeollie-hyung’s explaination. Understand? Hyunnie and I will go out to meet Dongwoo and Sunggyu-hyung.”

                Myungsoo just nodded his head, don’t want to argue with Hoya. He, himself also want to settle the problem.

                “Come in,” Myungsoo move his body slightly to allow Sungyeol to come into his room. He closed the door once Sungyeol sat on his bed. He sat beside Sungyeol on the bed.

                “I’m ready now Yeol. Spill all what you want to say to me.”

                Sungyeol looked down, “What you want to hear from me?”

                “Anything Yeol. I want to settle this matter. I don’t want any one of us to keep hurting. Lets settle all of this problem and forget about it after this.”

                “Okay. On that day, after school end, Jiyeon asked me to meet her at the library after school. Once I reached there, she pulled me to the corner of the library, away from other people. Then suddenly she asked me to be her boyfriend. Before I could open my mouth, she pulled me into a kiss,” Sungyeol tilted his head slightly looking at Myungsoo, “I swear Myunggie, I didn’t kissed her back. I swear!”

                Myungsoo just looked ahead, didn’t tilted his head to look at Sungyeol, hurting his cousin a little bit. Sungyeol turned his head and looked down again, his face showed that his heart is hurt.

                “And then, you are there, witnessed the incident. I try to explain but you walk away from me….”

                Silenced filled the room. None of them willing to open their mouth to break the silence. Sungyeol kept playing with his finger while Myungsoo stay still, in his own thought. Sungyeol turned his gaze from his finger to Myungsoo’s face.

                “What are you thinking Myunggie?”

                “Did you accept her?”

                “No.”

                “Why?”

                “Because… I..” Sungyeol suddenly felt shy to mutter the magical words.

                “Because?”

                “Because I don’t love her.”

                Myungsoo nodded his head, “Okay.”

                “Are we okay now Myunggie?”

                “I don’t know Yeol. My heart still hurt. Everytime I looked at you, I will always think about that incident. It hurt me so much.”

                Sungyeol’s heart felt hurt hearing that. Why did it so hard to forgive me? “So… does it mean that you don’t want to see me again Myungie,” Sungyeol said. Sadness is evident from his voice.

                Myungsoo kept silence. It was half-true. It’s true he don’t want to meet Sungyeol for the time being, but not forever.

                Sungyeol felt disappointed, he get up and walk to the door. Before he open the door, “You are so selfish Myunggie. You only think about yourself. You’re not the only one that hurt. I’m hurting also. It hurt me when you avoid me, it hurt me when I can’t see you, and…. It hurt me to love you.” Sungyeol opened the door, and walked out from the room without looking back at Myungsoo. He didn’t know that Myungsoo is looking up, stared at his back. He didn’t know that Myungsoo is trying to reach his hand when he open the door and he didn’t know that Myungsoo is crying silently after he know that he is hurting his love.