Your Worst Nightmare

Young Master

Kyungsoo squinted at the single spot light pointing down on him. The rest of the room was unseen, hidden by the pitch black darkness. Suddenly, a figure walked into the spotlight, only stopping a foot away from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's widened in shock or maybe fear? Before him, stood Kai. He was dressed in a suit just like he had earlier today. His hair was styled back with gel and everything about his appearance screamed money and riches. He looked nothing like the relaxed and laid back usual Kai that he knew. And yet, Kyungsoo's heart still raced at the sight of him.

Kai cocked his head to the side, as if he was studying Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo felt scrutinized under his stare. It was like Kai was sizing him up and belittling him. "Who the hell are you?" His voice was cold and seemed to thunder in the dark room. Kyungsoo was scared, this wasn't the same Kai he was used to.

"K-Kai? It's me, Kyungsoo," Kyungsoo grabbed his arms and shook them, pleading that he return to normal.

"Hah?" Kai sneered in disgust and threw Kyungsoo off him. "Kyungsoo?" He said his name as if it were a curse word. "I don't know who you are but get off me. Not just anyone can touch me." He dusted off his sleeves where Kyungsoo had touched him.

"How could you not know me?" Kyungsoo demanded in anger anger. "We love each other!"

"Love?" He snorted. "I don't love you." He stepped closer to Kyungsoo and bent down. "I will never love you." Soon two girls appeared around Kai's arms. A shattering sound broke out and the floor underneath Kyungsoo gave out. Kyungsoo fell into a black oblivion.

"No!" Kyungsoo screamed and jumped up out of bed. He was soaked in his own sweat and he felt clammy. "A nightmare?" He dropped his head in his hands and inhaled deeply. He hadn't had a nightmare since he was a child. He stripped off his sweaty shirt and tried to go back to bed. It was going to be a long night.

 

A few days later, all of the boys, excluding Kai and Kyungsoo sat in a cafe with frowns on their faces. It had been several days since they went to the "she-devil's" home and discovered that Kai was engaged.

 

"I can't believe Kai didn't even tell us. I thought we were his best friends!" Baekhyun yelled in outrage.

 

"It's not that unusual. Marriage between wealthy families are pretty common." Lay pointed out. He sipped his cup of tea, "But I do have to admit, I never thought Kai would get engaged either. It doesn't sound like something he would do..." the others nodded their heads in agreement.

 

"It has to be his mother, only she would do something like this." They nodded their heads again.

 

"Kyungsoo hasn't been like himself either," Chanyeol spun his straw around in his iced coffee. "When I came over to invite him to the world market, he said no. Normally he would jump at the chance to go."

 

"Poor Kyungsoo, Kai's engagement must have shocked him the most. He is the closest one to Kai afterall."

 

"What do you think, Kris?"

 

All heads turned to Kris, who had been oddly silent the whole time. He slowly looked up from his phone which he had been typing away at while the others conversed.

 

"I think," Kris turned off his phone and slide it into his pocket. "That it's time to finally put the old witch back in her place." He smiled deviously and whispered his plans to the others.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo moped around the Kim manor. His uniform was put on sloppy and his tie was untied. Dust began to collect everywhere but Kyungsoo didn't have it in him to clean. It was a miracle that he even got up from his bed and finally turned off the depressing music. Kai had not been in the manor for days, it was like he had disappeared from Kyungsoo's life. If only he could disappear from his heart...

 

"Oppa!" Kyungsoo jumped. He had forgotten Hyori in the midst of drowning in his feelings and heartache. "Let's go out, you and I could use the fresh air."

 

Kyungsoo was about to decline. He could feel the word "no" on the tip of his tongue when he forced himself to swallow it and say "okay" instead. It had been a while since he had hung out with his little sister. He owed her this much for putting up with his mopey self.

 

"Let's go." He said as he took her hand in his and left the manor.

 

 

 

Ring... Ring... Ring...

"This is the Kim Family, we are out at the moment but please leave a message after the beep."

Beeeeeep.

"Jongin? This is your father speaking, I am coming home in a few days from my trip overseas. I expect that you are no longer caught up in your shenanigans and have reformed into a capable gentleman. I will see to it personally otherwise. I will be back by Sunday morning, goodbye."

 

 

 

It was dark out by the time Kyungsoo and Hyori had arrived back at the Kim manor. Kyungsoo was about to lead Hyori to her room when he noticed the answering machine blinking a red light. He was tired and ready to go to bed but walked towards the machine anyways.

 

"Go on up, I'll be there in a second, Hyori." Hyori nodded and slid her hand up the railing of the stairs to guide her.

 

Kyungsoo walked to the answering machine and glared at it. What if it was Kai? Asking for his forgiveness? That he wasn't really going to get married? Or to tell him he didn't love him anymore and that it was really over? To ask if he would be a groomsman? Kyungsoo didn't know if he could even stand to hear Kai's voice again. He took a deep breath and exhaled loudly. Tears filled Kyungsoo's vision as he recalled the nightmare from a few days ago.

"I can't, not now. Just not now..." Kyungsoo sobbed. He was tired of being weak. Tired of crying. Tired of being sad. All because of Kai. He wiped away his tears and bit his lip from trembling. Before he could change his mind, he deleted the blinking message without hearing it. "It's time to man up," he told himself. "No more tears, no more sad songs, no more Kai." He repeated this to himself as he walked up the stairs, down the hall and into his bedroom.