Arrangements

Young Master

"I'm home..." Kyungsoo whispered as to not wake up his sister.

"O-Oppa...?" a soft voice called out followed by Hyori peeking her head out her bedroom door. She clung to the door frame for support and slowly walked towards Kyungsoo's direction

"Hyori, it's late, you should be in bed by now."

"Mianhe Oppa," Hyori hung her head down and pouted. "But I wanted to know about your first day back to college." Kyungsoo sighed and led Hyori back to her bedroom. He placed her walking stick by her bedside and sat at the corner of her bed. "How was it? Was it fun?" Hyori asked.

Kyungsoo laughed and patted his sister's head, running his fingers through her hair. "It was interesting..." Kyungsoo paused, recalling the events of earlier today. "I met some people who are nice, some rough, and the boy I work, Kai, for is definitely a strange one."

"You seem happier Oppa." Hyori smiled.

"What?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at his sister's words.

"Lately you seem happier, even if I can't see, I can tell you've been smiling more," Hyori continued, "I think it's because of Kai Oppa."

"Because of Kai..." Kyungsoo whispered under his breath. Images of Kai popped into Kyungsoo's head. His cocky smirk, his pouty face, his shy smile.

"Oppa," Hyori interrupted Kyungsoo's thoughts. "Can I go with you to work?"

"W-What?" Kyungsoo's eyes widened. "Why would you want to come to work with me? You know you can't."

Hyori pouted. "Mianhe, I just wanted to ask. It's so boring at home Oppa. It's lonely now that your gone all day." Hyori spoke softly, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice.

Kyungsoo bit his lip and looked out the window where the luminescent light of the moon crept through. He didn't like seeing his sister feeling so lonely and sad. "Mianhe, Hyori." was all Kyungsoo could say. He kissed her goodnight and walked out of her bedroom.

Kyungsoo stepped inside the small kitchen and opened the fridge. He peered his head inside and sighed. There was nothing he could use to make food for Hyori. He stepped back and closed the fridge door. He plucked his jacket from the couch and grabbed his keys. "Time to go shopping."

 

 

 

"Truth or dare?" Lay asked Kai as the bottle stopped in his direction.

"This is so girly, why are we even doing this?" Kris complained.

"Shut up, it's not your turn anyways, it's Kai's. So, truth or dare?" Chanyeol turned to face Kai.

"Uh... Truth." Kai answered.

"Who are you in love with?" all 10 pair of eyes were on Kai, anticipating his answer.

"Ugh, not this again." Kai groaned and rolled his eyes. "I change my mind. I pick dare instead."

"You can't pick dare after you picked truth!" Baekhyun shouted and threw his arms in the air. "Can he?" he turned to ask his hyung, Suho.

"Nope, since he refuses to do truth though, he'll have to do a punishment."

"Aww." the others groaned in disappointment that they wouldn't find out who Kai's mysterious love is.

"Okay, I dare you to go to the store and get more snacks, Xiumin Hyung and Tao finished them all."

"Psh, easy. That's not even a punishment."

"It is when you have to buy everything on this list by yourself." Xiumin smirked and handed Kai a rolled sheet of paper. Kai's eyes widened as he unrolled it and the end of the sheet hit the floor.

"Kimchi, chocopie, pepero, bibimbap, gobchang, bulgogi, tteokbokki..." Kai read some of the contents off the list. "You want me to buy the whole store or something?! How am I going to carry it all? Can't one of you help me?"

"Nope, it's a dare, you have to get everything on the list and carry it all back by yourself." Lay said as he put a hand on Kai's shoulder in pity.

"Aish..." Kai's shoulders sank as he walked out the front door and headed off to the store.

 

 

 

"Stupid Hyungs, making me do hard labor and carry all their food just for some stupid game." Kai huffed into his jacket collar. He stepped into the store and sighed as the cool conditioner hit his face. "Now where do they keep all their chocopies..." Kai pulled out the crumpled list in his pocket and scanned over the items. "Aish, really, this is too much, Hyungs." Kai was about to turn in on an aisle when he heard a familiar voice singing.

"I don't know why, joldejogin igamjong nega senggakjocha hesseulkka, ne gyote isseultte nan jomjom dedanhan manjaga dwedo, bitnaneum gol~"

Kai his heel and walked towards the fruit section where the soft tune was coming from. "Kyungsoo?"

"Y-Young Master Kai?" Kyungsoo stood in the middle of the fruit section holding up oranges with wide eyes. "What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I have to get Xiumin Hyung and the others snacks as punishment for not answering a stupid question..." Kai pouted.

"A question? What question?" Who are you in love with? The rememberence of the question made Kai blush and turn away from Kyungsoo.

"It-It's nothing. What are you doing here though? Do you live by here?"

"Um..." Kyungsoo hesitated to answer. "Y-Yeah." Kyungsoo gulped, immediately regretting his words when Kai's eyes seemed to lighten up like a puppy's.

"Can I visit your house? Please oh please!" Kai begged.

"Um... I don't know... It's late and all..."

"Please! I'm tired of all that walking I had to do to get here. I'm so thirsty too." Kai faked a cough and looked at Kyungsoo with pleading eyes. "Can't I visit for a cup of tea at least or something?"

Kyungsoo couldn't bare to look at Kai's pitiful state. In front of him was a grown man begging to visit his home. Just one little visit wouldn't hurt right?

"Fine... But onlu for one cup of tea and then you leave."

"Sure!" Kai bounced up and down in glee.

 

 

 

 

"You live here?" Kai asked with huge eyes as he examined the red door to Kyungsoo's apartment.

"Don't judge, it's my home." Kyungsoo fumbled for his keys in his pocket.

"I'm not judging... I'm just surprised."

"Right, now hurry and have your tea so you can go back to your luxurious home."

"Okay, okay, no need to rush." Kai sighed.

"Oppa?" Hyori asked when she heard the door unlock and open. To her surprise she didn't hear her brother's sweet greetings, but a stranger's voice instead.

"Oppa? Who's that?" Kai asked, pointing at Hyori. He stood in front of the open doorway and stared face to face with Hyori who looked lost and helpless.

"W-Who are you?" Hyori asked cautiously and slowly backed up into the chair in the small living room.

Crap, forgot about Hyori! Kyungsoo stepped in front of Kai and helped Hyori back up. "Um... Hyori, this is Kai, Mr.Kim's son. Kai, this is Hyori, my little sister."

"Kai? Ooh... Nice to meet you Kai Oppa. Oppa has told me so much about you." Hyori extended her hand out in front of her. Her small hand was trembling, searching for Kai's to shake. Kai noticed her offness and quickly connected their hands and shook.

"Nice to meet you too." Kai attempted to kiss Hyori's hand but Kyungsoo blocked him. Kyungsoo sent a death glare at Kai, almost senfing him a message with his eyes. Don't you dare touch my little sister.

"Please make yourself at home Kai Oppa." Hyori retracted her hand.

"I will." Kai smiled his infamous smile that caught all the ladies. But to his surprise, Hyori didn't react to it at all. She didn't shyly turn away or blush. She only walked away into her bedroom and closed the door shut.

"I can't believe it." Kai muttered to himself.

"Believe what?" Kyungsoo stood in the kitchen and boiled water for Kai's tea.

"Your sister. I smiled and put on the charm and yet she... She didn't even bat an eyelash. She must be blind if she's not attracted to all this." he said and pointed to himself and his best features.

"She is blind." Kyungsoo said.

"W-What?"

"She is blind." he repeated and slowly poured in the tea leaves.

"O-Oh... Mianhe, I didn't mean-"

"It's fine." Kyungsoo cut him off. The air was still and awkward. Kai leaned against the wall in silence as Kyungsoo finished the tea.

"This place isn't safe." Kai said after a while and poked at the paint that was chipping off the walls.

"It's all I have." Kyungsoo sighed and poured the tea in cups. "It's not like I can afford another place to live."

"Then why don't you live with me?" Kai said nonchalantly and stared at Kyungsoo.

"W-What?! Are you out of your mind? You have got to be kidding me." Kyungsoo spilled the tea and cursed himself under his breath.

"No, I mean it. Come live with me. Hyori too." Kai answered, his tone serious.

"I couldn't, it's not right to impose on you like that. We would be a bother." Kyungsoo stared around the room. The beatened furniture, the crumbling walls, the creaky floors. He looked back at Kai.

"No bother, and there are plenty of empty rooms, you've seen it yourself."

Kyungsoo bit his lip and adverted Kai's firm stares.

"Well..." Kyungsoo trailed off. As much as he didn't want to burden Kai, he had to admit, their current home isn't so safe for living standards.

"Just say yes, admit it, this place isn't exactly safe for you or your sister either." Kai pleaded.

"...Fine. But only until I get paid from your father and find another place to live."

"Eh..." Kai didn't like the fact that it would be temporary but it was better than Kyungsoo continuing to live in this hazard hole. "Fine, deal."