New Job

Young Master

"Awwhh..."

The stifled cries of the maid filled the many empty rooms of the Kim manor.

Click Clack Click Clack

The steps of Mr.Kim came closer to the room where young master Jongin settled.

"Jongin!" his father's husky voice shouted, startling the maid that had her clothes and hair in disarray. She stumbled across the white marble floor and made her way out the door after bowing to Mr.Kim. "You're fired. Make sure you never come across my sight again." the venom in his voice leaking out into the thin awkward air. The maid nodded and nervously left with tears in her eyes.

Jongin layed his back on the headboard of his luxurious bed. "You didn't have to fire her. We were only having some fun." Kai laughed and rested his arms behind his head. His father scoffed in disgust at his sons inexcusable behavior.

"You will not be having anymore fun, Jongin. I have fired all the maids in this household."

"What?! You can't just fire them all! Who will cook and clean for me?! And not to mention there are still a few maids I haven't touched yet..." he whispered the last part as to not upset his father who was already furious to catch his son in such an act.

"I have already thought those matters out. Instead, I have hired a butler to take place of those many maids you so desire."

"A butler... A BUTLER?!" Jongin shouted in disbelief and flailed his arms around, throwing a small tantrum. "You mean one of those old english dudes with those ugly mustaches?! Aish! You can't do this to me! You can't leave me with an old dude! Appa!" Jongin begged and pleaded his father.

"Enough." Mr.Kim's voice was cold and poisonous. "Your butler will arrive here tomorrow at 7AM. There will be no fooling around anymore, Jongin. Do you hear me?" Jongin froze in place and nodded stiffly as his father stepped out of his room.

"Aish! Stupid old man! Leaving me with some old prune!" Jongin shouted when his father was out of hearing range. "How can he take away all those girls?! Aish..." he ruffled his hair in fustration and fell back on to his bed. "Tomorrow is going to be horrible... Ugh!"

 

 

 

~At Kyungsoo's House~

"Oppa." Kyungsoo's little sister, Hyori, called out. She placed her hands on the wall and slowly made her way into the kitchen.

"Hyori!" Kyungsoo shouted softly as to not scare his sister. "I've told you before, be careful." he seated her at the dining table and placed her walking stick in her hand.

"Gomawa, Oppa." Hyori smiled at her brother faintly and tapped her stick on the wooden floor. "Oppa, you'll be late tomorrow again won't you?" Hyori said, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice.

"Yes, I'll be home later than usual, mianhe." he crouched down and took her hands in his. He rubbed the top of her palm and smiled kindly at her. "I just got a new job at the Kim manor and won't be home until late."

Hyori hung her head down and pouted. She slowly brought her hand up to Kyungsoo's face and cupped his cheek. "I'll miss you Oppa."

Kyungsoo laughed softly and place his hand over hers which cupped his face. "I'm not going anywhere far away, I'll just be at home less often than now." he tried to make it sound less sad but couldn't help but choke on his words.

His sister was helpless by herself and it worried Kyungsoo a lot. His only chance of helping his sister is to raise enough money for her operation. It was only Hyori and Kyungsoo at the Do resident. Their father had left them when he was only 8. Their mother joined the clouds just a few years ago. Kyungsoo desperately needed money to cover the costs of home and food expenses.

"It'll be okay. This job pays really well, I'll even be able to make your favorite kimchi pasta after I get paid." Kyungsoo smiled and patted his little sisters head. "Everything will be okay."

 

 

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo woke up at 6AM and began getting ready for his new job. He quietly walked to the bathroom as to not awaken Hyori. He quickly peeked in her room and saw her sleeping soundlessly and peacefully. He leaned over her and placed a kiss on her forehead as he brushed her hair back.

Glancing at the clock, it read 6:28AM. Kyungsoo had to be at the Kim manor at 7AM sharp. He hurriedly ran out of his apartment and dashed for the bus stop. People gave him strange glances and judged him. He was in a butler suit with a tail coat and tie. Of course he would attract stares, he was dressed funny in the eyes of others. Kyungsoo shrugged off their stares and began looking out of one of the bus windows. I wonder how this job will go...