Oh No

Young Master

It had been several days since Kai had met with his mother for dinner. Kyungsoo grew anxious as the days passed, Kai had been oddly quiet and even more clingy, if that was possible. Wherever Kyungsoo went, Kai followed. When Kyungsoo was cooking in the kithcen, Kai sat at the table watching him, when Kyungsoo was doing laundry, Kai stood beside him and helped fold too. Kyungsoo thought it was cute, but also kind of creepy.

"Why don't you hang out with the guys or something?" Kyungsoo asked one evening as he stirred a pot full of potatoes and carrots soaking in broth. "It's been a while since you've gone outside and relaxed."

"I'm fine here. You don't want me anymore?" Kai stared at Kyungsoo with puppy eyes and pouted. The look melted Kyungsoo on the spot and he blushed.

"N-no, it's not that..." Kyungsoo turned back to stir his pot, hoping that his cheeks would cool down. "It's just that you seem different lately..." Kyungsoo's voice lowered into a whisper when he noticed Kai stiffen and shift awkwardly in his seat. Obviously something had happened that night at dinner with his mother that he wasn't telling Kyungsoo. In fact, Kai never said a word about that night. When Kyungsoo tried to ask, Kai merely changed the subject and continued as if Kyungsoo had never even asked in the first place.

Kai forced a smile upon his face, his eyes looking everywhere else but on Kyungsoo. "What do you mean? I'm still the same as ever. I'm as gorgeous and charming as ever, that won't ever change." Kai winked and wiggled his eyebrows.

"Egotistical and cocky as ever too." Kyungsoo added, smiling when Kai laughed genuinely for the first time in days. But all humor left Kai when his phone began to ring. He glaneced at the screen and narrowed his eyes. "Aren't you going to get that?" Kyungsoo asked when the phone continued to ring.

"Maybe," Kai replied, his stare was cold as the phone stopped ringing, only to ring again. Obviously someone wanted to talk to Kai.

"Kai..."

Kai sighed, "Yeah?" he walked away into the living room but Kyungsoo could still hear bits of his conversation with the mystery person on the other side of the phone call.

"What the hell do you want?" Kai asked, sounding tired and aggravated. "No, I don't ever want to see your face again. Don't you dare show up here." Silence. Kyungsoo strained to hear more when Kai shouted-whispered, "Fiancee or not, I don't care. I don't want anything to do with you."

Fiancee? This news had Kyungsoo stumbling away from the door and sinking to his knees on the floor. Kyungsoo knew that Kai had went to an arranged marriage meeting but he didn't know that Kai had a fiancee. God, it felt like his heart was being crushed and the air in his lungs had vanished.

"This conversation is over with." Kai's tone was final and harsh. Kyungsoo quickly got up on his feet before Kai came back, obviously aggravated, running his hand through his dark brown hair.

"Is every thing okay?" Kyungsoo asked, feigning cluelessness as to why Kai wouldn't be okay. If Kai knew that Kyungsoo knew about all this drama, Kai would feel like the biggest jerk that didn't deserve Kyungsoo.

"Yeah," Kai slowly exhaled a ragged breath, running his hands down his face, as if scrubbing away drama and problems. "It's nothing you have to worry about." Kai smiled but it didn't reach his eyes and it only made Kyungsoo worry about it even more. He never thought he'd admit this but he missed the silly, carefree, flirty, fun Kai. Kyungsoo leaned into Kai and took his hand into his own and squeezed. Kai let out a small shakey breath and lifted their laced fingers to his lips and closed his eyes in peace. It melted and broke Kyungsoo's heart at the same time. Kyungsoo loved this man. He would do anything for him. Even if it meant standing up to the wicked witch of all South Korea, Kai's mom.