Together

Young Master

DING DONG DING DONG

"That must be Kai back with the snacks." Luhan said not looking away from the television screen.

"I'll go help him carry them in." Suho got up and walked towards the front door. "Finally! You're back, you took forev-" Suho was cut off by the sight of an empty handed Kai. "Where are the snacks?" Suho asked.

"Um... Well you see... I might have forgot..." Kai scratched the back of this neck and laughed nervously.

Suho sighed and crossed his arms. "I knew something like this would happen."

"Don't worry though, I did bring something, or should I say someone..."

"What?" Suho eyes widened when Kyungsoo appeared behind Kai.

"Hi." Kyungsoo waved sheepishly.

"I brought Kyungsoo!" Kai beamed proudly.

"And just who is that behind Kyungsoo?" Suho leaned to the right for a better view of Hyori, who was holding on to the hem of Kyungsoo's jacket.

"Oh, I also brought Kyungsoo's sister, Hyori." Kai answered.

"He-Hello." Hyori greeted Suho.

"Hello..." Suho greeted back and turned to Kai with a quizzical expression. "What are they doing here? I thought Kyungsoo went home because he's done working. And why did you bring his sister?" Suho asked.

"It's a long story actually..." Kai trailed off, avoiding Suho's stare and playing with his fingers nervously.

"Go on."

"Well, you see..."

 

 

As Kai told his Hyung about the incidents that occurred earlier, Kyungsoo and Hyori were still standing outside.

"Oppa." Hyori spoke softly.

"What?" Kyungsoo turned to his sister who held a tight grip on his jacket.

"Is it really okay if we live here?" Hyori asked with her head hung down. "I don't mind our old home."

"It's okay, Hyori. I promise you'll like it here." Kyungsoo smiled and cupped his sister's face in his warm gentle hands. Hyori fluttered her eyes close and smiled at the contact.

"Ahem..." Suho coughed, interrupting Kyungsoo and Hyori. "You should come inside already. It's pretty cold outside."

"Right, come on Hyori." Kyungsoo gently grasped Hyori's wrist and led her up the steps into the manor.

"Hyung, what's taking so long? I thought you were helping Kai with the sna-" Sehun stopped in his tracks when he saw Kyungsoo and Hyori. "I thought you were buying snacks, not a girl." Sehun looked at Kai and arched an eyebrow. "Ow! What was that for Hyung?!" Suho smacked the maknaes arm and shook his head.

"This is Kyungsoo's sister, uh..."

"H-Hyori." Hyori stuttered and bowed shyly.

"Hyori." Sehun said. "That's a pretty name, almost as pretty as you." Sehun flirted and smiled but to his disappointment, he got no reaction from her. Usually that pick up line works, weird.

"Keep your flirting away from my sister." Kyungsoo warned and blocked Hyori from Sehun's view.

"I was just being kind." Sehun pouted.

"Yeah, yeah, we all know you're just as much as a playboy as Kai here." Suho patted his hand on Kai's shoulder.

"Anyways," Kai said, ignoring Suho. "Pick any room you like upstairs."

"Thank you." Kyungsoo smiled gently at Kai. Kai felt his heart skip a beat and turned his gaze away shyly. "Maybe you're not like those snobby rich kids after all. I like the new you." Kyungsoo whispered in Kai's ear as he carefully led Hyori up the stair steps. Kai's face flushed and his cheeks were glowing red.

"Are you okay, Kai? Your face is all red..." Suho put his hand on Kai's forehead. "Hello?" Suho waved a hand in front of Kai's face. Kai was too preoccupied by Kyungsoo's warmth breath that still lingered on his ears.

 

 

Kyungsoo held Hyori's hand in his and walked quietly through the empty dark hallway of the Kim manor. Tap Tap Tap. Hyori's walking stick hitting the ground every few seconds.

"Oppa," Hyori said, breaking the silence. "You seem really happy just now. What did you tell Kai Oppa?" 

I like the new you.

Kyungsoo's cheeks burned red and the sides of his mouth curled into a smile. He was relieved that Hyori couldn't see his face at the moment. "It's nothing. I'm just happy that I can spend more time with you." Kyungsoo wasn't lying completely, he really did miss being there for his sister.

"Thank you, Oppa." Hyori smiled, her voice soft. She extended her arms out in the air and slowly wrapped her arms around his waist for a hug. The tears built up in Kyungsoo's big eyes, threatening to fall.

"You're welcome, Hyori. You're welcome." Kyungsoo hugged her tighter. The two siblings standing in the hallway in silence.