A Date

Young Master
"No way."
 
"I can't believe it."
 
"No, Oppa, how could you?"
 
The girls continuously murmured through the halls as Kai and his friends walked to class. They stared at Kai with mournful eyes.
 
"What's going on? I know I'm handsome and all but why do they keep looking at me like that?"
 
"Uh..." Chanyeol nervously scratched his cheek. "I might have, well, said something about you falling in love a little too loudly this morning..." Chanyeol awkwardly laughed and adverted his eyes from Kai's glares. "Hehe... Please don't kill me." Chanyeol hid behind Baekhyun.
 
"I can still see you, you know. There's no way Baekhyun hyung's height could ever hide a giant like you." Kai shook his head and sighed. "I just hope Kyungsoo hasn't heard yet..."
 
"Why?" Chen asked.
 
"Huh?" Kai turned to face Chen.
 
"Why don't you want Kyungsoo to know? Wouldn't he be overjoyed that she has the possibility of dating someone that's rich? Money wouldn't be an issues anymore for him and his sister." Chen reasoned.
 
Kai blinked at the thought. Just why didn't he want Kyungsoo to find out? Was it because he would kill Kai if he did find out? Or was it because of something else...?
 
Kai shook his head and disbanded the thought of it being anything else.
 
"Kyungsoo will kill me if he finds out."
 
"I'll kill you if I find out what?"
 
Kai's eyes widened as the voice behind him pierced his ears.
 
"K-Kyungsoo! Since when did you get here?"
 
"Just now. What can't I know though?" Kyungsoo tilted his head to the side and peered at Kai.
 
"Uh..."
 
"That Kai broke your new stainless pots." Kris interrupted.
 
"You what?!" Kyungsoo looked at Kai in disbelief.
 
"I what?" Kai looked at Kris with wide eyes. 
 
"You broke his new pots, remember?" Kris emphasized the remember.
 
"I-I mean yes I did... I didn't want you to find out this way. Mianhe." Kai said, catching on.
 
"I thought I told you never to step a foot inside my kitchen!" Kyungsoo yelled.
 
Kai flinched. "Mianhe!" Kai clapped his hands together and begged for forgiveness.
 
"Aish, and I just got those last week at discount price." Kyungsoo closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Well, I do have to go to the store anyways for Hyori's dinner..." Kyungsoo opened one eye and peered at Kai. "You can help me go shopping after classes end."
 
Kai's eyes brightened up and nodded. "Sure!"
 
"Great, wait for me by the water fountain when classes end." Kyungsoo checked his wrist watch and sighed. "Damn, I have Mr.Choi's class next, can't be late. Remember, by the water fountain!" Kyungsoo shouted behind him as he ran for class.
 
"Looks like you have a date with your butler." Kris rested his arm on Kai's shoulder and watched as Kyungsoo ran off.
 
"A date..." Kai's face flushed and his ears grew hot.
 
"Too bad it isn't with Hyori instead." Xiumin teased and poked Kai's stomach.
 
"Haha... Yeah... Too bad..." Kai nervously laughed and rubbed the back of his neck.
 
"Come on, let's get to class." Suho said as he pushed the others towards the lecture halls.
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was 2PM, classes were shortened for the day and Kai was waiting by the water fountain like Kyungsoo had told him to earlier.
 
"Where is he? He shoud be done with classes by now." Kai snuck a glance at his wrist watch and sighed for the uptinth time. "Wait, I'm the master and he's the butler. Why am I anticipating waiting for him? He should be waiting for me!" Kai spoke to himself, ignoring the stares around him.
 
"Because my classes let me out late and because you're being seen as a weirdo talking to himself in the middle of campus." Kyungsoo stood behind Kai and chuckled at Kai who was now flustered and lying on the ground.
 
"Wha-When did you get here? Stop sneaking behind me like some sort of ninja!" Kai placed a hand over his racing heart.
 
"Mianhe, but we should hurry while it's still broad daylight out."
 
"Okay." Kai sad as the two made their way off of campus grounds.
 
 
 
 
 
Kai couldn't help but peek at Kyungsoo every so often while they walked to the super market. His black locks, the way it fell perfectly on his face. His bug round eyes that seemed to glisten. It had been 20 minutes since Kyungsoo had scared him twice that day but his heart was still beating like mad.
 
"Are you listening to me?"
 
"What?" Kai blinked and bit his lip. "O-Of course I was listening. I heard every word loud and clear."
 
"Oh really? Then what did I just say?" Kyungsoo questioned.
 
"Uh... Um..." Kai bit on his lip harder and looked around him for an answer. "You said... That... Oh please don't act like those stingy professors. I get enough of that stuck up attitude at school." Kai pleaded.
 
Kyungsoo rolled his eyes in annoyance but a smile crept on his face. "I said we have to get new pots, rice, eggs, pepper, carrots..." Kyungsoo counted his fingers as he listed off the items.
 
So much for going on a date... Kai pouted and swayed side to side like a child. Wait, this isn't a date! Babo! There's no way this could be a date. Kai scolded himself. "Why do we even need to get this stuff anyways?" Kai groaned as he followed Kyungsoo into the utensils aisle.
 
"Because. Someone broke my new pots, remember?" Kyungsoo spoke coldly as he glanced at Kai. Kai stiffened and stuffed his hands in his pocket, avoiding Kyungsoo's icy glares.
 
"Oh my Krisus..." Kai's eyes widened. "Chocopie! Let's get some chocopie!" Kai tugged on Kyungsoo's sleeve like a child.
 
"No, we came here for only the stuff we need. We don't need chocopies. You'll get cavities." Kyungsoo said, not looking away from the stainless steel pot he held in his hands.
 
"Please? Please Umma?" Kai joked and poked Kyungsoo.
 
"Did you just call me-?" Kyungsoo turned to face Kai with wide eyes.
 
"You finally looked my way." Kai laughed and stood standing in front of Kyungsoo with several boxes of sweets.
 
"When did you...? How did you...? Aish, and you call me a ninja..." Kyungsoo shook his head and sighed. "One box. No more than that." Kyungsoo gave in to Kai's desire and continued to study the pots and pans in front of him.
 
 
 
 
 
"Ooh! Ice cream!" Kai jumped up and down. "Let's get some ice cream."
 
"Ice cream? You just finished off an entire box of chocopies a while ago!" Kyungsoo stared at Kai in disbelief.
 
"That was then. This is now. I want ice cream now." Kai said nanchalantly and made his way to the ice cream stand. "Come on, it'll be my treat."
 
"Fine, I can't ever win against you." Kyungsoo sighed for the uptinth time.
 
"What flavor did you get?" Kai asked curiously.
 
"Strawberry." Kyungsoo simply answered.
 
Strawberry... It fits his image. Kai thought and chuckled to himself.
 
"What flavor is yours?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Chocolate." Kai the side of his cone to prevent the ice cream from dripping.
 
"Really? Let me taste." Kyungsoo swiftly leaned towards Kai and snatched a taste of his ice cream which was now dripping on to his fingers. "Chocolate is good. Maybe I'll get it next time." Kyungsoo spoke but Kai wasn't listening to a word he said. Kai stood frozen with wide eyes. His face burned red up to his ears and a smile slowly crept on his face. His heart was practically jumping out of his chest.
 
His heart was melting just like the ice cream he held in his hand.