First Day

Young Master

Kyungsoo hopped off the bus and began walking towards the spacious garden of the Kim manor. Kyungsoo whistled and gawked in amazment at the sight. Never had he seen such a luxurious place. He squeezed his hand nervously and pressed the buzzer.

"Who is it?" a deep adn husky voice came from the speaker.

"Um... I-I'm Kyungsoo. I'm the new hired butler?" Kyungsoo gulped, his hands shaking at the intimidating voice. But his feet stayed perfectedly planted on the ground.

"You may come inside." the voice became gentler and the large gates opened. Kyungsoo hesitantly stepped inside, the breeze caressing his face. Kyungsoo took a deep breath and squeezed the necklace his deceased mother had given him. It's going to be okay...

 

 

 

"You must be Do Kyungsoo." the man before Kyungsoo was tall and skinny, but his muscles were unmistakable. It was clear that even for his age, Mr.Kim was as healthy as a horse.

"Uh, Yes Sir." Kyungsoo quickly responded and bowed 90 degrees.

"You will be my son's, Jongin's butler. You will cook, clean, and wake him in the mornings for school. Of course you will be attending the same college as to watch over him and restrict his behaviors. Understood?"

"Yes Sir." Kyungsoo bowed again and mental notes. Wait, attend college?! "Wait, Sir! You said I would be attending college?"

Mr.Kim was taken back at Kyungsoo's sudden outburst. "Of course, you need to watch Jongin closely while you are his butler. I've heard you attended college for 1 year but dropped out because of family circumstances?" Kyungsoo nodded shyly and hung his head down. That was when his mother had passed away in an accident. The accident had also caused Hyori's blindness. "Then it will also be a good opportunity for you get a good education too."

Kyungsoo was baffled at Mr.Kim's kindness. He had always thought rich people were snobby and rude. I guess it won't be so bad...

Kyungsoo glanced at the grandfather clock that stood proudly in the spacious living room. 7:33AM. In about 30 minutes, he would have to wake young master Jongin for breakfast. It was a Sunday morning and there was a lot for Kyungsoo to do. He curiously went upstairs and saw the hall full of unoccupied rooms.

"There must be a dozen rooms in this house..." Kyungsoo said under his breath in awe as he ran his fingers over the carvings on the wall. The craftsmanship amazed him, every detail was so precise and intricate. Kyungsoo let out a soft whistle and stopped in front of a grand marble door. "This must be young master Jongin's room." he checked his watch, 7:58AM. It was time to wake the young master and prepare his bath and breakfast. He quickly knocked and waited outside the room for an answer.

Tick Tock Tick Tock

No answer. He knocked again. No answer. Kyungsoo sighed and twisted the doorhandle. He slowly creaked the door open and peered inside. "Young master?" Kyungsoo examined the room and spotted a young boy buried beneath the blankets and pillows. The young boy mumbled something and tossed and turned in his bed.

Kyungsoo spotted the bathroom door and made his way across the clothes that had been abandoned on the floor. He turned the handle of the hot bath water and let it pour into the bath. Steam rose from the large bathtub and Kyungsoo turned off the hot water when it was filled to the rim. He stepped out and stood in front of the sleeping boy. Kyungsoo cringed in disgust at Jongin. Jongin turned over, revealing his bare sun-kissed skin. He was sleeping ! Kyungsoo couldn't believe his eyes, he was standing before a boy and had to wake him up.

"Ugh..." Kyungsoo groaned as he leaned over to wake Jongin. "Young master Jongin, it's time to get up. Wake up." Jongin mumbled and squinted his eyes at the stranger before him.

"Who the hell are you? Go away and let me sleep..." he swatted the air and shifted his body deeper into the bed. Kyungsoo had no tolerance for laziness and spoiled rich boys. He grabbed one of the free pillows and threw it at Jongin's face.

"What th-"

"Wake up." Kyungsoo's voice was stern and cold.

"Who do you think you are?! Throwing a pillow at my beautiful face!!!" Jongin shouted at Kyungsoo who had his arms crossed and his foot tapping impatiently against the marble flooring.

"I'm Do Kyungsoo, you're new butler. Your bath is ready, I'll be preparing breakfast soon, so get off your lazy and clean up." and with that, Kyungsoo turn of his heel and swiftly went of the room and closed the bedroom door. Jongin was left speechless and dumbfounded. How could a mere butler speak to him like that?

Meanwhile, as Jongin swung his legs off his bed and headed towards the bathroom, Kyungsoo was in the kitchen putting on an apron. He searched each cabinet and refrigerator. There was enough food stored in one cabinet to feed a family of 6 for weeks! Kyungsoo's eyes seemed to twinkle as he ran his fingers over the stainless steel countertops.

"I'd work for a spoil rich kid any day if it means that I can use an amazing kitchen like this." he grinned to himself and started preparing breakfast.

 

 

 

"Babo Appa and his stupid ideas and his stupid butler-" Jongin stopped in mid sentence when he thought abou the boy from earlier. His eyes furrowed and he frowned. "Just what was with that butler? Hitting my perfect face with a pillow, and not to mention he was rude and cold. So unlike those beautiful maids who would wake me up with a kiss... Ugh! I miss my damn maids!" he cried like a child. "Just how in the world am I suppose to get along with a stupid butler?"

Jongin slowly stepped downstairs and the aroma of eggs and bacon lifted up his spirits. He peeked into the kitchen where the sweet smells were alluring from. He saw a figure cutting up what seemed like potatoes and humming a soft tune. "Sangsanghebwasso hamkkeramyon ottolkka yeah~" his voice was soft and soothing. Jongin leaned on the wall and slowly closed his eyes, taking in the sweet melodic voice that caressed his ears.

"Oh, you're ready. Well, don't just stand there, go eat some breakfast." the soothing singing had stopped and Kyungsoo settled a plate of eggs and bacon with toast on the large dining table in the other room and motioned for Jongin to take a seat. "Don't worry, I didn't poison it." Kyungsoo laughed.

Jongin slowly took a seat and bit into the crispy bacon. "Omo! It's really good!" Even better than any of the maids cooking...

Kyungsoo smiled and watched as Jongin ate the rest of his breakfast.

Maybe having a butler isn't so bad afterall... Jongin thought as he glanced from his plate to the smiling man before him.