The Beach

Young Master

"Is this why you didn't wanna go to the beach so bad? Because you can't swim?" Kai bit his lip, trying to contain his laughter.

"Shut up. I'm a human being, not a damn fish. I'm not meant for swimming." Kyungsoo hissed.

The two sat down on the beach towel Kyungsoo had laid down and stared into the sea. The other 10 boys and Hyori were at the food stands, filling their stomachs away.

"You know, the beach isn't so bad once you learn how to swim." Kai tried to coax Kyungsoo. "Come on, I'll teach you. It'll be alright." Kai took Kyungsoo's hand in his and led him towards the sea before he could object.

 

 

 

"First things first. You have to learn how to float." Kai clapped his hands together.

"First things first. You have to learn how to float. Blah blah blah." Kyungsoo mimicked Kai bitterly.

"I wonder, just who is the older, mature one here." Kai put his hands on his hips and stared at Kyungsoo.

"Age has nothing to do with maturity." Kyungsoo stuck out his tongue and hissed.

"Whatever, let's start where you can touch the ground in the water." Kai placed his hands on Kyungsoo's shoulders. "Don't be so tense. The water won't bite."

"But the things in the water might." Kyungsoo retorted as he tried to relax.

A smile played on Kai's lips as he watched Kyungsoo obediently try to loosen up his shoulders. "Okay, try to kick back your legs. You can hold on to me if you're that afraid." Kai teased.

"I hate this..." Kyungsoo grumbled under his breath, but continued to follow the latter's orders anyways. He clasped his hands on to Kai's arms and held on tight.

"How can you hate it when you're with me?" Kai grinned smugly and winked.

"You're so full of yourself." Kyungsoo scoffed. "But you're not wrong..." Kyungsoo whispered, the words barely audible to his own ears.

"

"See, it's not that bad." Kai said as Kyungsoo slowly retracted his hands off of Kai's arms.

"I guess not..." Kyungsoo mumbled.

"Kyaaa! Umma! Look a shark!" a nearby child squealed and ran out of the water.

"A SHARK?! WHAT?! WHERE?!" Kyungsoo's eyes grew as wide as saucer plates. "I KNEW THE OCEAN WAS NO GOOD!" Kyungsoo threw back his head and cried, waving his arms around like crazy. 

"Stop flailing around like that!" Kai shouted over Kyungsoo's panicked cries.

"I told you I'm not meant to swim! Me and the ocean just don't mix!" Kyungsoo snapped back.

"If you could just stop for one moment!" Kai latched his grip on to Kyungsoo's wrist and back and pulled him into his embrace hoping to calm him down. Kyungsoo's bare chest pressed against Kai's. The water dripping from their hair on to their faces. They were only a breath away from each other, their hearts racing like crazy. The heavy breaths of each other, filling the other's ears. Kyungsoo could feel his ears turn pink and his mind explode. He's so soft... Kai thought as he stared down at the pink owl before his eyes.

"H-Hello? Kai? Earth to Young Master!" Kyungsoo waved his free hand in front of Kai's face.

"Huh?" Kai snapped back to reality and blushed hard. His fingers released Kyungsoo's wrists and smacked them away on instinct.

"Ah! Wait! Don't let go so suddenly!" Kyungsoo shouted as Kai had pushed the latter back on accident.

Splash!

"Oh my Krisus! I'm drowning! Someone save me! I'm too young to die!" Kyungsoo cried.

"Ahem..." Kai coughed and stared at Kyungsoo. "Just stand up."

"Huh?" Kyungsoo stopped flailing his arms and stood up. "Oh..." his cheeks turned pink once he realized that he was "drowning" in the shallow water.

"Are you done now?" Kai teased.

"Shut up, I knew we were in the shallow end. I-I was just pretending to drown." Kyungsoo lied through his teeth.

"Uh huh..." Kai couldn't help but smile at Kyungsoo's stubbornness. "Oh, by the way, that "shark" that was going to get you..." Kai's voice trailed off as he lifted a flattened shark floatie from behind his back.

"Are you kidding me..." Kyungsoo buried his face in his hands as he sat in the shallow water. "I've had enough of the sea for one day..." Kyungsoo grumbled, ignoring Kai's laughter.

 

 

 

"Hey, isn't that Kai and Kyungsoo over there?" Chanyeol asked, squinting his eyes. The others had just come back from the food stands, now ready to swim in the ocean after filling their stomachs. Who waits an hour after eating to swim anyways?

"Look at those two kids having fun at the beach, reminds me of when I was young." Suho smiled and looked off into the distance.

"When you were young? You're only 23, your mind has really gotten old, Hyung..." Lay said and looked at Suho with concern.

"They sure are close though, aren't they?" Tao jumped into the conversation.

"Their relationship doesn't really seem that of a butler and master relationship." Chanyeol said as he scooped a spoonful of cherry snow cone in his mouth.

"It's more like friends? Best friends?" Baekhyun chimed in.

"Like lovers..." Hyori whispered to herself.

"Huh? Did you say something, Hyori?" Baekhyun asked.

"N-No, I was just thinking about what to get. Is that barbecue I smell? Let's go, Oppas!" Hyori ran towards the smell of fresh meat grilling on the barbecue, careful to not trip or bump into anyone.

"She's still hungry? We just came back from the food stalls though!" Kris said with wide eyes.

"For a tiny girl, she sure does eat a lot." Luhan shook his head in disbelief.

"Yeah, she eats more than you, Hyung." Sehun teased.

"Yah! What's that suppose to mean?" Luhan slapped the latters arm.

"Nothing~" Sehun laughed and rubbed his arm.

"Come on, let's go get her before she eats the whole grill." the 10 boys walked off and followed Hyori.

 

 

 

Author's Note: I was wondering if I should start a new fanfic. A version of Friend Zoned?(even though Friend Zone is still ongoing) If you guys haven't read it, you should check it out! I still haven't decided which shipping I should use. Maybe a Baekyeol or HunHan? Would you guys be interested? Anywho, thank you guys for reading so far, even though it's summer, I've been pretty lazy with the updates .__.|| Thank you for putting up with me!

Friend Zone