Heart Beat

Young Master

"Ow... Ow! Ow ow ow!" Kyungsoo cried as Kai tried to cleanse his wounds with rubbing alcohol.

"Stop moving so much!" Kai shouted over Kyungsoo's cries.

"Then stop missing so much! You poked my eye like 5 times already." Kyungsoo argued back.

"I can't help it, I've never done this before."

"And that is why I suggested that I do it myself." Kyungsoo sighed, reaching for the rubbing alcohol and cotton balls in Kai's hands.

"No! I said I wanted to do it." Kai backed away before Kyungsoo could snatch the disinfectant. "Now close your eyes and I'll do it properly this time." Kyungsoo sighed for the uptinth time and obediently closed his eyes.

"Yes young master." Kyungsoo teased and chuckled.

Time seemed to slow down, silence blanketing the two boys. Only the sound of the clock and their breaths could be heard. Kai lifted his trembling arm up to Kyungsoo's face, extending his nervous hand towards the cut near Kyungsoo's right eye.

He has long eyelashes... Kai thought as he slowly dabbed the wettened cotton ball on Kyungsoo's facial wound.

"Ow..." Kyungsoo silently hissed at the contact. Kai softly laughed and continued to treat his wounds. His face is really flawless... milky skin, pink full lips, and long eyelashes to compliment his big, round eyes...

"Are you finished yet?" Kyungsoo asked, disrupting Kai's train of thoughts.

"Um, yeah. I'm done." Kai nervously said and scratched the back of his neck. His cheeks turned slightly pink when Kyungsoo opened his eyes and looked at him.

"Didn't your Umma teach you it's rude to stare?" Kyungsoo joked. Kai's eyes widened and his face turned an even deeper shade of pink. Was he really staring that much? His heart beat raced. "Come on, let's go grab lunch. I'm starved."

"S-Sure..." Kai stuttered and made his way out the infirmary first.

 

 

 

"Omo! Oppa! You're hurt!"

"You're handsome face got injured!"

Girls flocked over Kyungsoo and Kai as they seated themselves at a table.

"It's alright," Kyungsoo put up his hands, trying to keep away from the crowding girls. "It's just a couple of cuts and bruises. I'm fine."

"You're so brave Oppa!"

"You're so strong, baring with the pain!"

The girls squealed and admired Kyungsoo. Kai sat grimly in his seat and frowned. There was an irritated feeling in his heart. Was it because the girls were paying attention to Kyungsoo and not him?

"Okay, okay, leave the hero to eat his meal, okay?" Kai got up from his seat and shooed the girls away. Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow and stared at Kai. "W-What? Why are you staring at me?" Kai's heart raced again and he could feel his face grow hot. 

"You just shooed away those girls..."

"Yeah... And?"

"Girls. They were girls! I can't believe you didn't throw yourself on them. I thought you missed having girls around you."

"Hey, even I have some class and just any girl won't do." Kai lied, it was known on campus that Kai would go for any girl, well at least the pretty ones of course.

"Hm..." Kyungsoo eyed Kai suspiciously. "But thanks, they were getting a bit over whelming."

"Y-You're welcome." Kai said shyly and seated himself back down. His cheeks grew pink and he snuck a few glances at Kyungsoo who went back to eating his lunch. Why did I chase away those girls though? Kai contemplated in his mind, the thought of Kyungsoo being surrounded by girls settled a tugging at his heart, an irritable feeling that just wouldn't go away.