Hurt

Young Master

Kai felt like crap. Like someone had ripped out his heart and squeezed it into dust. He was drowning in his mothers wrath and there wasn't anything he could do. God, felt like such a pathetic loser.

He grabbed lamp off the desk and threw it at the expensive framed paintings on the wall. His breath was ragged and blood rushed to his ears. He threw everything off the desk, pens, papers and tiny trinkets flew to the ground.

Seeing Kyungsoo fall into dispair broke Kai's heart. It took everything in him to stay cold and indifferent. All he wanted to do is take Kyungsoo into his arms and whisper his love into his ear. When he told Kyungsoo he was getting married, he wanted to punch himself in the face, just saying those words left a bitter taste in his mouth. Anger swelled inside him until he screamed so loud his throat felt raw and he slammed his fist against the marbled wall.

"Those were priceless artifacts," a calm voice came from behind him. "Next time, go for something that doesn't cost an arm or a leg."

"This whole situation is costing me an organ anyways." Like my heart... Jongin thought as he grimaced. Pain shot through his hand but it didn't even compare to the pain in his chest.

"Just think about after the wedding, we'll be on the beach in Bora Bora." Yuni smiled.

"Being stuck on an island with you for two weeks?" Kai glared at her with disgust. "No thanks, I'd rather be castrated." He examined the damage on his hand. It reminded him of when he and Kyungsoo were at the nurses office, bandaging each others wounds. He shook his head, coming out of memory lane.

"That boy... Kyungsoo was it?" Kai's eyes narrowed but didn't move or speak. Yuni took a dramatic pause to study Kai before speaking again. "He had big eyes... rosy lips... not so tall... he was really cute. Just my type." She her lips like a carnivor. 

"Well you're not his."

"How do you know?"

"Because he doesn't like trashy and trampy."

"But he likes you." Kai froze. His heart stopped and he couldn't breathe.

"What?" He spoke in a sharp whisper. She smiled like the cat who ate the canary.

"Oh my, did you really think that I was blind not to see the look you gave him? Honey, you could light the whole mansion on fire with the sparks you two gave off." She stepped towards Kai, placing a hand on his shoulder and walking in a circle around him slowly. "That is... until you drenched him with a bucket of cold water. That poor boy looked as if you had just stabbed him in the back." She pouted her lips and looked into Kai's eyes. "Or should I say... heart." Her lips formed into a Chesire smile. "Bora Bora doesn't sound that bad anymore, does it?" The clicking of her heels left Kai to himself to feel even worse than he did before.

 

"You hurt me... You hurt me..."

Kyungsoo laid on his back on the bed, his head hanging upside down on the edge of the bed. He hadn't felt a torture like this since his mom had died in that accident. Now he felt as if there was a gaping black hole where his heart used to be. He felt the bed dip by his hip but didn't move to see who it was that intruded.

"Oppa," he flinched. He lifted his head and saw the concern on his little sisters face. He sat up and turned off the music that matched his pain. "Are you okay?" How could he allow himself to wallow in heartbreak when he still had someone who needed him.

"I'm fine." He cringed when his voice came out broken and raw. Kyungsoo saw that she didn't believe him for one second. He didn't even believe himself.

"Oppa," she repeated, her face full of sympathy. She may have been blind but that didn't mean she was deaf. The sad songs that had poured out of his room earlier had been a large hint to his depressed state. Hyori reached out for his hand, when she grasped it with both hands, she began to rub small circles on the back of his hand with her thumbs. Quietly, she hummed the song of Baby Don't Cry, a song their mom used to sing to them when they were feeling sick or had nightmares.

A rush of childhood memories and a wave of overwhelming emotions washed over Kyungsoo. Tears glazed his eyes and his throat felt thick. He choked a sob back, refusing to cry in front of his baby sister. But eventually it was all just too much. He missed his mom, he hated that Hyori would never be able to see again, and most of all, he loved Kai so much that it hurt. He leaned his head against Hyori's shoulder and cried. He let out every tear bottled up inside him. Hyori sang a bit louder, hiding Kyungsoo's cries with her melodic voice.

 

It seemed like hours had gone by when Kyungsoo had dried out all his tears. He sniffled and wiped his cheeks dry. Hyori hadn't stopped singing the whole time Kyungsoo had let his emotions out. He felt like the younger sibling, not the other way around. Hyori was so much more mature for her age than she should be and Kyungsoo blamed himself that he couldn't give her the childhood she deserved.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked softly, careful not to scare Kyungsoo away as if he was a small animal. He stiffened, did he want to talk about what had happened? No, the pain was still too raw, too fresh. It was too soon to talk about it.

"No," his voice croaked. His mouth felt dry and all Kyungsoo really wanted to do was wake up from this horrid nightmare. Hyori didn't push him and he was forever thankful for that.

She silently got up from the bed and walked to the door, her hands brushing against the walls. "Good night, Oppa." She whispered before shutting the door and leaving Kyungsoo in the dark. 

He flopped onto his back and sighed. He covered his eyes with his arms, they were swallon and he looked like but he didn't care. He flipped back on the music playet and let the sad songs pour out.

"You hurt me... You hurt me..."

He let out a deep sigh and eventually fell into a deep slumber.