In Love?

Young Master

 

Tap Tap Tap

Kai watched as Hyori lightly tapped her walking stick against the marble tile.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Kyungsoo whispered into Kai's ear and placed his hand on Kai's shoulder.

"Yah! Don't scare me like that!" Kai jumped in his chair and placed his hand over his racing heart.

"I know my sister is pretty, but don't get too interested." Kyungsoo joked but his tone was cold.

"I-I wasn't staring..." Kai objected and turned his gaze away from Hyori. His eyes landed on Kyungsoo's face. His big, round eyes, his pink lips, his refined nose... Kai couldn't help finding himself staring at Kyungsoo. He shyly turned away from Kyungsoo's direction and played with his fingers in his lap.

"Mhmm, sure." Kyungsoo responded with a hint of bitterness.

Kyungsoo settled breakfast on the long dining table and swiftly placed the tableware in front off the 11 boys. He glanced over his shoulder at Hyori and brought her into the kitchen to eat in peace without any of the boys bomboarding her with questions.

 

 

 

"So your butler and his sister are going to live with you now?" Kris asked, eyeing Kai.

"I can't believe you actually offered them your home." Luhan blurted out.

"Our Kai has grown up so much now." Chanyeol wiped away at a fake tear in his eye.

"It's the power of love." Chen joked and batted his eyelashes as he put his hands together.

"Shut up, you troll." Kai bit into his toast and slumped back into his seat. "Can't I do something nice without being questioned?" Kai threw his hands in the air dramatically.

"Sure," Sehun said. "If you weren't you, Hyung."

"What's that suppose to mean?" Kai pouted.

"Come on, Hyung. Let's face it. Not even a week ago, you were playing around and flirting with girls. You only cared about yourself, you didn't even care about how those girls felt after you broke them. But now you're all gentle and kind. It's kind of disgusting actually." Sehun wrinkled his nose and crossed his arms.

"Ow, Hyung!" Sehun cried as Kris slapped his arm.

"I think it's a good change." Suho said and seated himself next to Kai. He smiled his angelic smile and patted Kai's back.

"Whatever. I haven't changed, I've always been this kind."

"Pft." Xiumin laughed, "you have got to be kidding me. You've never even considered helping someone out unless you gained from something from it. What makes you want to help out your penniless butler and his sister?" Xiumin thought for a second. "Unless..."

"Unless what?" Kai asked suspiciously.

"Unless his sister is the reason why you're being so nice."

"What?!" Kai choked on his toast and gulped down his orange juice.

"It all makes sense now!" Luhan snapped his fingers. "Maybe Hyori is the one that you're in love with!" Luhan concluded.

"No way! If I was in love with Hyori, Kyungsoo would kill me."

"But it all fits together." Luhan reasoned. "You offered her a home because you have feelings for her and you were staring at her earlier. You can't deny these feelings."

"I offered Hyori and Kyungsoo to live with me, remember?" Kai pointed out. "And since when does looking at someone suddenly mean that you're in love with that person?" he rolled his eyes and stared straight at Luhan. "Watch out, I'm looking at you! That must mean I'm in love with you, Hyung!" his sarcasm was bitter and cruel. "You guys are making a big deal out of nothing."

"Deny all you want, but it all makes sense now. I mean who else is there that you could possible love? Kyungsoo? Pft, not like that's possible, after all, he is a guy."

"Kyungsoo..." Kai whispered under his breath. He could feel his heart twinge as the words left his lips. Who else is there that you could possible love? Kyungsoo? Not like that's possible, after all, he is a guy. The words played in Kai's head.

"So it's official. Kai is in love with Hyori."

"What?" Kai snapped back into reality and looked at his friends who held their glasses high in a toast.

"Congrats!"

"Maybe I am in love with Hyori...?" Kai lifted his glass.

"Oh crap, it's already 8, we have to go to campus right now if we don't wanna be late." Kris said as he glanced at his wrist watch.

"Damn, already? Let's go." the 10 other boys grabbed their backpacks and rose from their seats. "See ya later, Kai."

"Uh yeah, bye, Hyungs." Kai pressed his knees against his chest and drew circles on the table with his finger. "In love... With Hyori..." Then why do I keep finding myself staring at Kyungsoo too? Is it because they look alike? They are siblings... But somehow it's different....

"Ow!" Kai cried and rubbed the back of his head. "Yah! What was that for?" Kai yelled and looked at the backpack lying on the floor in front of him.

"Come on, it's time to go to school." Kyungsoo appeared out of the kitchen and pointed his head at the direction of the grandfather clock ticking away.

"R-Right." Kai stuttered, his eyes landed everywhere but on Kyungsoo.

"Be good, Hyori, we'll be leaving now."

"Bye bye, Oppa. Bye Kai Oppa." Hyori waved and smiled. Her smile was just like Kyungsoo's. Warm and gentle.

Kai glanced over Kyungsoo's shoulder where Hyori silently waved goodbye. They really are alike... Kai thought as he picked up his backpack.

"B-Bye Hyori..." Kai hesitantly waved back even though he knew she wouldn't be able to see.

"Let's go." Kyungsoo grabbed Kai's hand and pulled him out of the manor.

BaDump BaDump

I wonder what it feels like to be in love... Kai thought as he stared at his hand which was laced with Kyungsoo's.