Speak of the Devil

Young Master

"Tell me again why we're risking our lives and facing the devil herself?" Chen put on a sour face as he drove the van that held the 10 other guys in the back. Chen adjusted the rearview mirror and narrowed his eyes when Sehun and Tao had found his snack stash and were breaking into it like it was theirs. "Hey! Not the chocopie!" The car swerved around on the fortunately empty road.

"Eyes on the road!" Kris smacked Chen's head to get him to refocus on driving and not killing everyone in the car.

"Ouch," Chen pouted but did as he was told.

"Chen hyung has a point, why are we going to see Kai's mom? Kai doesn't even visit her. And she's his mom." Tao pointed out the obvious, off the chocolate from his fingers from Chen's stash and reaching over to open a bag of chips. "Hey! These are Lays! Look hyung, you have your own chips!" Sehun snickered at Tao's foolishness while everyone else rolled their eyes.

"It seems like his mom has been bothering him lately, he's not the same anymore. Now he's just tired and fustrated. I don't want to see Kai like that anymore." Kyungsoo said as he stared out the window. The clouds grew dark and stormy as they approached their destination. Kris stared at Kyungsoo but said nothing.

"It's like she controls the weather," Baekhyun said in disgust as thunder and lightning struck.

"Careful, she might smite you with her witch powers," Chanyeol joked and nudged Baekhyun, who laughed.

"We all wanna help Kai, but you might wanna rethink this whole 'talking sense into his mom' thing." Suho threw in his two cents, "I mean, even I don't like her. Not even Lay likes her. And Lay likes everyone." Lay nodded his head. "Maybe we should talk to Kai instead about this." Suho suggested.

"If Kai wanted to talk about it, he already would have." Kyungsoo said quietly. It was true, Kai usually said whatever was on his mind, it was what made him fun and open. Everyones' eyes were on Kyungsoo who was stilling staring out the window. Kris sighed heavily and placed a large warm hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"We'll finally put the she-devil in her place. Someone has to tell her to crawl back to hole she came from." Kris offered a smile for reassurance and it seemed to lift everyones mood and the tension. Kyungsoo nodded and everyone else rambled on about standing up to the witch.

 

"It's like some twisted Wizard of Oz kind of thing going around here..." Baekhyun whispered in half horror and half awe. Chen had parked the van in front of the iron gates where a hideous yellow brick path lead them to the front doors.

"Hopefully, she's already being crushed under a house." Chanyeol frowned at the creepy white statues lining the yellow path as they walked closer to the entrance. The statues had looks of fear and terror on their faces and began to chip away due to bad weather and old age.

"Doesn't she come back though in the end of the movie?" Suho asked, stepping towards the middle of the path to avoid the statues stares.

"But she ends up melting and dying." Luhan replied.

"Darn, looks like I forgot my holy water at home. Let's just turn around and forget about facing the wrath of an old hag." Chanyeol suggested.

"No," Kyungsoo said firmly. His eyes facing straight ahead at the road intensly. "If I don't do this, then Kai will never be happy and then I won't be happy."

The carride grew silent and serious from Kyungsoo's words. Until Tao suddenly shouted.

"Yah! Move over, your elbows keep bumping into my ribs. I bruise like a peach, you know! What will I do if I'm scarred?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes and snorted.

"You're already scarred for life with a face like that, you look like you're about to mean mug someone." Beakhyun teased. "Plus its not my fault. This car is too damn small for all of us."

"Yeah, seriously! 11 men in one dinky, ugly van? Ew." Sehun complained. "Why didn't we take one of your limos, Hyung?"

"Hey! This isn't a dinky, ugly van! It's my baby," Chen yelled from the drivers seat. Chen had gotten the van when he was 18, he had saved up from his first real job. Waiting on tables at the local family diner. Chen didn't have such a good relationship with his father. His father called him lazy and a good-for-nothing and so Chen refused to depend on his money. So he had taken up the job and bought the van with his first couple of paychecks. He was proud that he bought it with his own money and nothing could replace that feeling. Now Chen was the president of his father's company since he passed away a few years ago. "No one asked you to join us and ride in a "dinky, ugly van" anyways, so shut your trap, Oh Sehun." Chen snapped his fingers and returned his attention back to the road and made a left turn, into a neighborhood with decadent manors on a hill. On the very top of the hill was a significantly larger mansion. It was a vintage European style kind of house With a modern flare to it. It was painted an eggshell white and plants accented the building with vines too. A large fountain stood in front of the house and statues of angels poured water into the fountain from their vases. Everything was locked behind gigantic black iron bars, the gate looked powerful and seemed to say "stay away commoners".

"It's like prison bars," Sehun narrowed his eyes as he looked upon the gate. Chen parked the car along side the gate and turned off the ignition.

"Well, this is it. Welcome to hell," Chen rose a hand and swept it in the mansions direction. "Where the shedevil lives and feeds off of riches and putrid perfume. Oh and of course others' misery."

"You're not helping." Kyungsoo said dryly. He glanced up at the mansion again and swallowed visibly. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. "God, I hope I don't regret this later." He rubbed his hands on his jeans, hoping to wipe away some of his nerves.

"Well, what now?" Tao asked, still snacking on Chen's stash. "Do we, like, ring the doorbell or something?"

"Careful, she might unleash the hounds," Baekhyun and Chanyeol snickered at Chen's comment.

"There's only one way to find out." Kyungsoo took in a deep breath before pushing the buzzer.

 

Chen was right. She really did feed off of riches and putrid perfume. Kyungsoo could smell her all the way from where he was standing. He tried his best not to cringe but his nostrils were practically shriveling in protest. The room screamed money and rich tastes. Jewels, fine china, fragile antiques and other costly things were on display on glass shelving. It was like if you even breathed, something would lose its value. Kyungsoo didn't dare sit on the pristine white furniture that looked like it came out of a home magazine. Not that she offered him a seat anyways. She was sitting leisurely in one of the love seats and sipped her tea casually. Which, she also did not offer to him.

"What are you boys doing here?" She asked over the brim of her teacup. 

"We're here to talk about Kai-"

"Ajumma!" the loud sound of heels clicking echoed in the hallway. "Which necklace do you think looked goo-" the voice stopped short when saw all 11 guys in the room with Kai's mom. "Well, hello there, if I had known that there would be company over, I would have dressed more appropriately..." her eyes raked up and down the boys slowly, her starving stare made Kyungsoo and the boys uncomfortable and violated. When her eyes met Kyungsoo's, he froze.

"You..." he whispered under his breath.

"Pardon me? Have we met before?" She asked, taking a step towards him. Flashes of the girl before him and Kai appeared. Lips touching. Fireworks. This was the girl that Kai had kissed at the beach. It took moments for Kyungsoo to snap back to the present and realized that this girl had never seen him before but he certainly had seen her before.

"N-no, we haven't, this is our first time meeting each other." He his lips, his throat suddenly dry and his words turned into dust.

"Boys," Kai's mom interrupted, catching everyones attention. "This is Yuni Choi. Jongin's fiance." Fiance. She was Kai's marriage partner? It was like a slap to a face. Dread filled Kyungsoo. Out of everyone in the entire country. Hell, out of everyone in the entire world, it just had to be her.

"Kyungsoo..." Kris's voice filled Kyungsoos ears. His hand squeezed Kyungsoo's shoulder in reassurance. He shook his head a little, clearing his thoughts. They still had to do the one thing they came here for, no matter what the circumstances, it didn't change why they came into the witches lair.

Kyungsoo clenched his fists by his sides and took a deep breath. "You can't just force an arranged marriage on Kai just because he's your so-"

"Force?" Kai's mother interrupted Kyungsoo. "Who ever said anything about being forced?"

"Kai would never agree to a marriage, especially not with her." Kyungsoo looked towards Yuni.

"Excuse me?" She shrieked, insulted at Kyungsoos comment. "What do you mean 'especially not with he-"

"What in the hell is going on here?" The room grew uncomfortably quiet as all eyes went to the person the voice belonged to.

"Kai..."

"Kyungsoo?" Kai's voice grew gentle and warm as did his eyes. "What are you doing here?" He looked around the room, finally seeing everyone else in the room for the first time. From the corner of the room, Kai's mother sat uncharacteristically quiet, silently observing Kyungsoo and her son.

Before Kyungsoo could answer Kai, his mother spoke, "he came here to wish you a congradulations on your upcoming marriage." her gaze cut to Kais, silently reminding him of her power over him. "The marriage that you 100 percent agreed to." her voice was poison, killing off any retort that Kai had. He stayed silent, clenching his fists so hard that his nails bit into his palms. If you don't wish to harm you precious butler, you will follow my every order. Her eyes seemed to say.

"Are you really getting married?" Kyungsoo whispered softly so only Kai could hear.

Kai's eyes met with Kyungsoos, he thought he saw pain flash in them before they turned cold and unlike Kai. "Yes. I am marrying Yuni." Kyungsoo thought he heard something breaking. The sound was so loud that it was all he could hear. He didn't hear what the other guys were saying. He didn't even notice that they were dragging him out of the manor and into Chens car. He didn't care anymore. His world was breaking just like his heart had.