Gone

Young Master

"What is going on here?" an authoritive voice thundered in the room like a storm. The man stepped in and everyone became quiet, minus a few crickets and frog croaks. He glanced around the room with sharp eyes until they landed on Kai's mother.

"Appa," Kai was shocked at the sight of his father standing in front of him. The last time he had seen him was the day before he met Kyungsoo and that felt like so long ago. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard there was a wedding going on here but it looks like a zoo was released and a bomb blew off in here instead." He spoke without looking at Kai and walked towards his ex-wife. "So you were the one responsible for this. I should have known." he heard Kai's mother tsk and snarl at him.

"How did you even know about this wedding anyway?"

He held up a red invitation in between his index finger and thumb. It was extremely flashy and done out with lace and glitter. "A little bird told me." He glanced at Kris and back at his ex-wife again. He dropped the invitation at their feet and sneered at her, "We had an agreement, you are to have nothing to do with Jongin again." He spoke with a cold told that left no room for argument, but of course, Kai's mother spoke right back at him with attitude.

"He is still my son no matter what you say. I can get him married whenever I want."

"He is not a money bag you can just cash in." He snapped his fingers and in came 3 men wearing glasses and ear pieces and 3 other men with briefcases. One of the men with the briefcases pulled out some papers and handed it to Mr. Kim. He scanned over the papers and spoke, "But it looks like even with this wedding, you wouldn't have enough money to even buy a pair of shoes."

"What do you mean?" Her voice was a harsh whisper. She clenched her fists.

"The Chois have debt. Their company is on the verge of bankruptcy as well as a debt as large as one billion won." His glare cut to the woman in front of him that was shaking with anger and shock. "Not to mention the debt that you have been racking up. 900 million won." Mr. Kim scoffed, "No wonder you were so desperate that you resorted to something so low." he bent down to whisper the last sentence close to her ear. He stood back up and snapped his fingers again. One of the men with a briefcase took away the papers in Mr. Kim's hand and the men with sunglasses stood between Mr. Kim and Kai's mother. She couldn't tell who she was more furious at, the Chois or her ex-husband. She felt humiliated and exposed. The men with the sunglasses took her away when she began thrashing and kicking and yelling obscenities.

"So does that the wedding is off?" Kai asked eagerly. He was ready to go home and try to make up with Kyungsoo if he would give him a chance. 

"Yes." His father spoke bluntly, "How could you be so stupid to fall for your mother's tricks? This is why I hired a butler to clean you up and make you go to school." He glanced around at the exo boys. "Speaking of which, where is he? I see your other friends here but not him."

"Um, it's a long story..." Kai scratched his head and looked guilty at the floor.

"His father merely sighed and said, "I hope he hasn't quit. It was actually quiet dificult to find someone so close in age to you that could cook and clean." He glanced down at his watch and snapped his fingers. The men were once again at his side. "Prepare the car and make sure the guests get home safely. Pay for the damages for the place and make sure the press doesn't find out."

"Yes sir."

Quit? Kyungsoo? Kai hadn't thought of that. He had always just assumed that he and Kyungsoo would makeup and he would still be at home waiting for him. "!" He ran outside followed by the other boys and jumped into Chen's car. "We have to hurry home!" He shouted frantically. The boys rushed to get in the car and sped to the Kim manor. Pretty sure they broke some traffic laws but it was nothing that money couldn't cover.

"Kyungsoo?!" Kai shouted into the dark manor. It was quiet. Too quiet. Dread filled Kai and his heart sank to his feet. He ran from room to room. Damn, why were there so many rooms in this house? Kai entered the room that used to Kyungsoo's and dropped to his knees. His legs were weak and he couldn't believe his eyes. The room was empty save for the bed and desk. There was no sign that anyone lived there. 

"Kai?" his friends walked slowly behind him, careful not to step on any landmines that might set Kai off.

"He's gone... He left. He left me." Kai spoke in a whisper that was so faint his friends almost missed it. Tears fell down his face and his hands. "It's all my fault." his words were mangled by his tears and his voice cracked on choked sobs.

"Come on," Suho spoke softly as he patted Kai's back, "We'll find him, he couldn't have gone far."

"No! He left because of me! How can I ask him to come back to me when I treated him like ? After I said all those awful things?" Kai sobbed into his hands, heartbroken and hurt.

None of his friends said anything but instead exchanged a look with each other. They nodded in silent agreement. Operation Find Kyungsoo and Get Them Back Together was in order.

 

 

Omg! Over 900 subscribers! Thank you so much! when I started Young Master I never thought that so many people would read this to be honest. I'm so glad you guys really like YM!