Confused Feelings

Young Master

Kyungsoo sighed as he stared at his bank book. The balance seemed to be laughing at him, taunting him. With all the tests done and the three day stay at the hospital, the bill sure was high. Kyungsoo rubbed his neck, this was going to set back Hyori's surgery a lot more than Kyungsoo hoped.

 

"Let me pay for the hospital bill and the surgery!" Kai argued with Kyungsoo earlier that day. "Let me take care of it, then you won't have to worry about anything."

"No!" Kyungsoo shouted, startling both of them. "No," he repeated calmer this time, "I can't rely on you for everything. If I can't even support my sister by myself then I am worth nothing. I'm nothing if I can't even support my family."

"I thought we were family... I-I guess it was silly of me to just assume. Sorry, I just remembered I have to go do something somewhere. Tell Hyori I said bye." Kai left and didn't look back.

 

Now Kyungsoo laid in his hospital bed all alone. Hyori was off somewhere with the nurses and his friends went home after visiting. Kyungsoo sighed again and rubbed his eyes. He didn't like fighting with Kai, especially not after they just made up, but Kyungsoo wasn't going to depend on Kai just for his money. Kyungsoo was tired, the doctor recommended rest but it seemed like that was impossible. There was so much to do, so much to plan. He needed to find another job and a place to stay. He and Hyori couldn't just stay in a motel room forever. The rest of their money would last them at least a few months until they were in the red. 

"What do I do?" Kyungsoo whispered to himself as he reluctantly drifted off to sleep.

 

 

Kai sulked in his room while throwing a small basketball at the wall repeatedly. "Why won't he just let me pay the stupid bills? It's not like they'll burden me anyways. It's just a few million won."

"True, a few million won is nothing to us, but to Kyungsoo it is a lot." Suho, the ever so wise leader said without looking up from the book he was reading. Kai needed someone to sulk and complain too and Suho was the only one available. "It's not about the amount anyways, it's about dignity."

"I don't get it."

Suho sighed and closed his book. "If someone was constantly helping you, you would feel helpless right?" Kai nodded. "Causing you to feel like you're useless and worthless. Now how would you feel about that?"

"Sad and upset..."

"Right, and my guess is that's what Kyungsoo felt like when you told him you would take care of everything."

"But, he wouldn't be suffering right now if he just let me help a little." Kai pouted and sulked.

"Look, you just got him back in your life. You were a mess when he was gone and you almost married a psychopath. Give him some time to adjust."

"I hate when you are reasonable and smart."

"I know, that's why I do it."

 

A few days later...

 

Ring Ring Ring...

 

"Hel-"

"Where are you? Why aren't you here at my house?"

Kyungsoo sighed, it was too early in the morning and Kai was already bombarding him with questions over the phone.

"Good morning to you too." Kyungsoo said calmly. He had checked out of the hospital a couple of days before and was now laying in bed whispering as to not wake up Hyori.

"Why aren't you here yet?" Kai repeated. 

"Because I'm not your butler anymore?"

"What? What do you mean you-"

"I quit when you were busy with her, remember?" Kyungsoo did not want to speak out her name so he stuck with just calling that girl, her.

"That was-"

"I can't just keep working for you forever." Even if the pay was good. Like really good.

"Are you- are you cutting me off?" Kyungsoo could hear Kai's voice crack a little and it broke his heart.

"No, I just..." he sighed and walked out to the balcony of the motel room. "I don't know." He whispered.

"I thought you said everything was fine, that you still loved me, I-"

"I do!" He shouted, startling Kai and himself. "I do," he repeated. "But if we are going to be together, I need to keep my personal business stuff separate. I'm sorry."

Kai was so silent on the other line that Kyungsoo almost thought he had hung up.

"It's fine. I get it. I gotta go, bye."

They said their goodbyes but Kyungsoo felt like his heart became ten times heavier. He looked out at the city skyline and sighed. Was he doing the right thing?

 

 

"So, did Kyungsoo say when he was coming over?" Sehun asked.

"No, he's not coming over." Kai threw his phone into a corner, not caring where it landed. He sat down besides Sehun on the couch and rubbed his face with his hands. 

"Oh, is he coming over tomorrow then?"

"He's not coming, ever."

"Why? I thought you two made up."

"I thought so too."

"Are you crying?"

"No! Why would I be crying?" Kai shouted in frustration and anger.

Sehun scooted away from Kai and held up his hands in front of him. "I don't know. It's just that you have never been like this before. Even when you got rejected by that sunbae girl before. What happened?"

"I-" Kai took a deep breath. "Kyungsoo said he didn't want to be my butler anymore. He said he had to separate business and personal."

"So?"

"So? What do you mean, 'so'?"

"It's not like he completely cut off all ties with you, just the business part." Kai glared at Sehun, making him sigh at his ridiculousness. "Look, maybe it's better this way. He won't have to worry about his paycheck and you won't have to worry about your dad finding out about you sleeping with your employees anymore."

Kai gasped and jumped up from the couch. "My dad!" He turned to Sehun, "and how did you-"

"Kris told us during the time of your emo stage after the wedding crash."

"Oh."

"So, are you just gonna sit here and sulk some more or are you gonna take a stand? Kyungsoo's only confused because you're too much of a coward to do anything."

"You are right. As much as I hate to say, you're actually right about something. I gotta go."

"Bye, good luck!" Sehun settled himself back onto the couch and sighed. "Being a single pringle is the best."